TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:43 pm So no Deegan or Ed Byrne then….
Indeed and Byrne is off to Cardiff, they are hardly flushed with cash. Interesting to know if any of the provinces actually made enquiries for him.

Ulster have lost Kitshoff and O'Sullivan's deal is up in Summer with no news of a renewal, prop shortage.
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

Tells alot in a player's mind if they are picking Cardiff over Ulster . . . . . . Its not as if he's going to France for a bag of gold ffs. We must be seriously unattractive as a prospect for new players, especially after Kitshoff's arrival/exit fiasco.

Deegan must have zero ambition of ever playing in a meaningful match. He's never getting a match in Europe for Leinster ahead of VDF, Doris, Conan, Penny, Connors, Baird, or even Ruddock, plus whoever else they have coming through. If that's his attitude then I'd say we've dodged a bullet tbf.

Bryn must try better.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

I'm ok with missing out on Deegan as anyone who is happy to be the Leinster waterboy is not what we need.

But Ed Byrne, wtf. Things are seriously dire if we're being passed over for Cardiff.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Deegan has started 11 URC games.

I’d like to think we can do better than Byrne but Humph needs to change the rules.

It’s clear that we’d have to drag anyone from the RDS kicking and screaming.

Enjoy Cardiff Ed.

Makes Belfast look like Bath or Edinburgh.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

We can't even blame the UK tax scenario for West England vs NI...

Deegan- meh.
Not where we need strength. NO Loss.
1 & 10 is where we need to spend/ recruit.
Exterminate all rational thought
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Deegan at 8 would have been an extremely handy carrier and he’s also excellent in the lineout.

Contrasting reports on how near he was to signing for Ulster, with it being suggested today that he’d agreed a new contract with Leinster months ago.

It’s unclear why individuals on this forum and on Leinster’s forum thought differently.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

It was widely reported, most notably Indo and Planet Rugby.... The tax rebate issue and coming to a basket case no doubt crystallised thoughts.

Personally, I'd rather persist with the green shoots of a tranche of BR cubs and our one area of depth.
Exterminate all rational thought
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Technically if Bryn doesn't sign anyone then he cannot be blamed for a dud signing.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:44 pm It was widely reported, most notably Indo and Planet Rugby.... The tax rebate issue and coming to a basket case no doubt crystallised thoughts.

Personally, I'd rather persist with the green shoots of a tranche of BR cubs and our one area of depth.
It was actually Neil Fissler on Rugbypass, repeated elsewhere, who said Deegan was signing for Ulster. He is now saying on Twitter that he deserves a kick in the horlix for getting it wrong.

Neil Treacy, RTE, is the one today saying Deegan agreed a new contract months ago.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Technically if Bryn doesn't sign anyone then he cannot be blamed for a dud signing.
Bryn thinks in 4D.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Deegan is not necessary to Ulster With two Wards and McCann plus others in the back row he would be a back row to many he need an Out half of quality and a couple more wings because 5 try McIlroy is not a winger
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
ljsulster
Novice

Post by ljsulster »

Leinster doing contract extensions alphabetically and Harry Byrne hasn’t been announced. Anyone heard anything regarding him heading our way?
Sir Ivor
Novice

Post by Sir Ivor »

Why would we consider Harry Byrne ? Why would Leinster let him go if he was any good ? And what can he do better than Billy Burns? Goalkicking probably, but we already have two better than him.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

ljsulster wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:45 pm Leinster doing contract extensions alphabetically and Harry Byrne hasn’t been announced. Anyone heard anything regarding him heading our way?
He could have signed for three years in 2022 but Leinster rarely go beyond two (probably to speed up their players getting a central contract…)

Didn’t someone post that HB was seen getting a coffee in Banbridge some months ago?

But then I think I heard he was going to a wedding or something…
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Sir Ivor wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:03 pm Why would we consider Harry Byrne ? Why would Leinster let him go if he was any good ? And what can he do better than Billy Burns? Goalkicking probably, but we already have two better than him.
Harry Byrne is significantly better than Burns, let’s not kid ourselves.

Leinster wouldn’t be letting him go, but he’d be leaving to get garaunteed first team rugby, at Leinster you have Ross Byrne, Harry Byrne, Ciaran Frawley all around the Irish squads and then Sam Prendercast.

All the above mentioned are rated higher than Billy Burns by the Irish coaching staff.