Petrie departs…..

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Petrie departs…..

Post by Dave »

Kappa kit is awful. Bullet well and truly dodged there.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
TheBoat
Novice

Post by TheBoat »

With regards to Kingspan, he's guilty of not ditching them sooner and finding a suitable replacement.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

ElmoIsDead
Novice

Post by ElmoIsDead »

Dave wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am Kappa kit is awful. Bullet well and truly dodged there.
In fairness awful would have been a step up from Kukri.
ElmoIsDead
Novice

Post by ElmoIsDead »

TheBoat wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am With regards to Kingspan, he's guilty of not ditching them sooner and finding a suitable replacement.

Aviva ?
It's where we like to play the big games after all.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Dave wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am Kappa kit is awful. Bullet well and truly dodged there.
Castore seems to work OK for Leinster and Sarries.

PNE are even threatening to finish above 12th this season wearing it.

There will be those who will be thinking Petrie was looking to land a new job before he became the man who got into bed with Kingspan (not that I am suggesting that getting into bed with Kingspan would or should be viewed as a bad thing, just in case any lawyers for Kingspan are reading!)

In saying that, they didn’t walk away anyway. They extended their deal by a year. Bring back Jonathan Bradley.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 am
Castore seems to work OK for Leinster and Sarries.

PNE are even threatening to finish above 12th this season wearing it.

There will be those who will be thinking Petrie was looking to land a new job before he became the man who got into bed with Kingspan (not that I am suggesting that getting into bed with Kingspan would or should be viewed as a bad thing, just in case any lawyers for Kingspan are reading!)

In saying that, they didn’t walk away anyway. They extended their deal by a year. Bring back Jonathan Bradley.
The other lad needs to stick to ice hockey.

Castore also now have a sub-licensing deal with Umbro who have England Men's and Women's sides as part of their portfolio.

https://www.sportcal.com/news/castore-b ... ense-deal/
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Kappa logo is basically two naked people in silhouette. How would the God fearing Ulster folk cope?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Dave wrote:Kappa logo is basically two naked people in silhouette. How would the God fearing Ulster folk cope?
We need to move on from PJ and Stu.
earl the beaver
Novice

Post by earl the beaver »

TheBoat wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am With regards to Kingspan, he's guilty of not ditching them sooner and finding a suitable replacement.

Disagree with this.

Kingspan are a massive Ulster based employer who get a lot of bad press from Grenfell, even though they said their products shouldn't be used in that way and they only provided 5% of the products used in the cladding. They don't come out of it looking good with all the stuff about not re-testing the new products and ditching stock before the hearings but they are also a massive group for which the insulation panels is only a part.

The rallying against Kingspan would be comparable to people saying they don't want their team to be sponsored by IBM or VW given their roles in Nazi Germany,Union Carbide/Dow Chemicals over Bophal, or Shell/BP over their behaviour in Africa all have sponsored much higher profile sides/organisations than UR.
TheBoat
Novice

Post by TheBoat »

I don't want them sponsored by Shell or BP either thanks.

Grenfell was less than 7yrs ago, hardly comparable to VW and the Nazis.

Kingspan are complicit in the death of nearly 100 people. They bodged their fire safety tests and saw it as an internal 'joke'. Players have been sacked for less. Maybe our moral compass doesn't apply if they are giving us cash.

Kingspan should have been ditched years ago, it's disgusting our team are so closely associated with them.

Last edited by TheBoat on Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
earl the beaver
Novice

Post by earl the beaver »

Kingspan said their products should not be used in the manner installed, Kensington and Chelsea Council pushed for the savings and the contractor went against advice, as did the building control who signed it off.

Yes their behaviour has not been good, but they didn't say to use their products in the way they were.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I hate their bread.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

earl the beaver wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 pm Kingspan said their products should not be used in the manner installed, Kensington and Chelsea Council pushed for the savings and the contractor went against advice, as did the building control who signed it off.

Yes their behaviour has not been good, but they didn't say to use their products in the way they were.
It was the behaviour of some players on WhatsApp that started the witch hunt… Kingspan behaved badly and if shoe was on other foot UR would have been dumped
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

If someone from Kingspan had said "there was a lot of roast" on WhatsApp, Paddy and Stu would have been sacked long ago.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

TheBoat wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 pm I don't want them sponsored by Shell or BP either thanks.

Grenfell was less than 7yrs ago, hardly comparable to VW and the Nazis.

Kingspan are complicit in the death of nearly 100 people. They bodged their fire safety tests and saw it as an internal 'joke'. Players have been sacked for less. Maybe our moral compass doesn't apply if they are giving us cash.

Kingspan should have been ditched years ago, it's disgusting our team are so closely associated with them.

Would you be happy with Hotpoint or their parent company Indesit?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18