TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Dharper
Steward

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Dharper »

I think he could become a bit of a cult hero With the crowd. Player wise he’s very combative, great aggressive attitude to boot. He’s a good un for me.
Frankly does anyone have a definitive squad for next season? WK has that utility side to him, which is likely needed with our injury profile.
TheBoat
Novice

Post by TheBoat »

He's the type of player who could be a real cult hero.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

I like him and I'm sure he will be popular but it's just such a weird signing. Who looked at our roster (and production line) and said, do you know what we need? A wing. Instead of a no 3,5,7,9 and most especially a 10. Those are all positions of almost, if not actual, crisis. But someone decided to hire a wing where we have frankly plenty of options
TheBoat
Novice

Post by TheBoat »

Plenty of options?

Stockdale.... Baloucoune..... McIlroy..... Moxham..... Sexton.....

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

TheBoat wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:30 am Plenty of options?

Stockdale.... Baloucoune..... McIlroy..... Moxham..... Sexton.....

Stockdale(patchy form).... Baloucoune (Injury prone / patchy form)..... McIlroy (Had a bad injury this year)..... Moxham (Currently out long term)..... Sexton (10 senior appearances and 4 starts in 3.5 seasons, maybe he is not good enough?).....
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Let’s not forget Lowry who has played once on each wing this season and scored three tries!
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

I wouldn't say plenty of options but more pressing needs elsewhere!
earl the beaver
Novice

Post by earl the beaver »

Kok is 4 years older than Rob Lyttle and undoubtedly more expensive than him, yet we released him last year.

Meanwhile at 4, 8 and 10...
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

earl the beaver wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:08 pm Kok is 4 years older than Rob Lyttle and undoubtedly more expensive than him, yet we released him last year.

He retired!
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

nonplussed wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:48 pm
earl the beaver wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:08 pm Kok is 4 years older than Rob Lyttle and undoubtedly more expensive than him, yet we released him last year.

He retired!
He retired because we didn't offer him a decent deal to stay.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Apparently NIQ salaries are paid from a separate pot v the money given to the provinces so if it did happen the money would go direct to the IRFU.

Of course they could then pass some/all of it to Ulster to purchase additional IQ players OR fund another NIQ signing.

Lots of ifs and buts.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

I see the BT have regurgitated the SK rumour.

Wouldn’t a decent journalist have been questioning the “customary” contractual clause (the exact nature of which is not clear from the article) that seems to have previously passed me by in a rather long time reading about sport.

Will Liverpool face a mass exodus when Klopp buggers off in the summer?

Would SK have been so worried about Dan, that renowned leader of men and scrum guru, departing that he’d insist upon such a clause?

If the Stormers really have a pot of cash then things get interesting because the prospect of us/the IRFU pocketing a few rand, as well as saving the salary, is worth a conversation.
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

justinr73 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:40 am I see the BT have regurgitated the SK rumour.

Wouldn’t a decent journalist have been questioning the “customary” contractual clause (the exact nature of which is not clear from the article) that seems to have previously passed me by in a rather long time reading about sport.

Will Liverpool face a mass exodus when Klopp buggers off in the summer?

Would SK have been so worried about Dan, that renowned leader of men and scrum guru, departing that he’d insist upon such a clause?

If the Stormers really have a pot of cash then things get interesting because the prospect of us/the IRFU pocketing a few rand, as well as saving the salary, is worth a conversation.
it’s probably more a case of cost cutting as much as anything else
DodgyEverything
Novice

Post by DodgyEverything »

Jackman suggesting Ulster should pursue AJ MacGinty if SK does head back home