6 Nations 2024

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: 6 Nations 2024

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:
Dave wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:40 pm McCloskey starts! Hendy and TOT on the bench.
Last week was the warmup. This is the main 23.

Ulster contributing strongly.

No need for a worldwide search now, so we've saved a bus fare to Lisburn
Agreed. The french were very poor.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

The number 1 priority for TOT is to be rock solid come scrum time. The rest of his game is pretty decent overall. Furlongs fitness is becoming an issue for Ire. Bealham could be no1 shortly with that in mind, but the backup needs to be a good scrummager. If TOT can’t do it Jaeger will be become a serious option. With opportunities rare, they need to be grabbed with both hands.

McCloskey just has to have a super solid game, nothing fancy. With Ringrose still unfit, and even henshaws injury record, AF just needs to know SMcC can be brought in and trusted at any pt.

Interesting to see how that backrow goes with no conventional 7 in it.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Stu either starts or doesn't feature in the 23. Only real caps for him. None of this 5 mins off the bench ballix.

15th start in 16 tests today ( cf. Sean Cronin 12 in 72)
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Stu is an out-and-out inside centre ,the only suitable player for the third seat on the bench for the backs is a utility player who can move across the back line .

While players can fill in at scrum half and out half the options become fewer when in possession and the attack becomes predictable .

I can understand his attitude to Henderson as a player, he is looking at possible 2 more years at International level at the most and is basically 1 or 2 injuries from retirement . This from an Ulster point of view is worrying to say the least because the best years are also past for O Connor and those in the pipeline don't appear to have the necessary bulk to function at EC level and might struggle at professional level against larger opposition .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Well, in Murrayfield, the French win the anthem singing competition.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Erasmus- was he right about Berry's competence?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ref has to stick his head in closer. Ball has to be on the ground but just can't see it on the replay. Shirley there has to be ball technology that can stop this nonsense.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Four away wins so far.

Can the Lionels break the sequence…..?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:17 pm Ref has to stick his head in closer. Ball has to be on the ground but just can't see it on the replay. Shirley there has to be ball technology that can stop this nonsense.
Was evidence of the ball on the ground enough to overrule the reference? Even if the ball eventually did reach the ground, there was no evidence that the Scots still had control of the ball.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:17 pm Ref has to stick his head in closer. Ball has to be on the ground but just can't see it on the replay. Shirley there has to be ball technology that can stop this nonsense.
Was evidence of the ball on the ground enough to overrule the reference? Even if the ball eventually did reach the ground, there was no evidence that the Scots still had control of the ball.
Yeah you couldn't tell. The video offered no evidence of separation. Ref had to get a bit closer but didn't. Scotch tears all week now.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Holy feck, England made hard work batin a young and mediocre Taffs team. Plenty of talent and power but frequently poor decision making and George isnt a great leader.
Shout out for Sean's brother Tommy, who looks a player, and a bulkier version of junior >appl
Exterminate all rational thought
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

solidarity wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:17 pm Well, in Murrayfield, the French win the anthem singing competition.
Not difficult, flower of Scotland sounds like a funeral march.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Hmmm.

A very good one, if so.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:18 pm Scotch tears all week now.
Neat trick if you could bottle that. :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:18 pm
big mervyn wrote:
Yeah you couldn't tell. The video offered no evidence of separation. Ref had to get a bit closer but didn't. Scotch tears all week now.
Maybe ref got a good enough look - he had a different angle from any camera and seemed satisfied the ball was held up.

Who knows?

What we do know is that Scots had plenty of times during preceding 80 minutes to put the game to bed, but they didn't and allowed the French back into it. Only themselves to blame.
Last edited by Cap'n Grumpy on Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right