Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

LUMBERJACK
Novice

Re: Contract Situation

Post by LUMBERJACK »

Wonder if Declan Kidney would be interested in a bit of time at Ulster . He and Kiss seemed to be doing a great job at LI Ulster coaching really needs a bit of a refresh.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Hendo off to play with his mate wee Stu

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Jackie Brown wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:15 pm Hendo off to play with his mate wee Stu

Must be the lure of testing his lineout skills against FBR.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

LUMBERJACK wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:04 pm Wonder if Declan Kidney would be interested in a bit of time at Ulster . He and Kiss seemed to be doing a great job at LI Ulster coaching really needs a bit of a refresh.
Anything but the ki ss of death! Centre pairings on a Thursday not knowing what
Kiss was playing on Friday night blew my mind!!
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

I'd take Deccie.
Kiss can feck right aff.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Jackie Brown wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:15 pm Hendo off to play with his mate wee Stu

Sure he's still learnings to take forward, and work ons. We'll be champions next year. Hendo wants to finish as a winner at UR like Rory, Trimby, Tammy Roger, Caveman etc...

Btw Stu listed as OH at Brive... just sayin' like....
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

So It Is wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:40 pm I'd take Deccie.
Kiss can feck right aff.
Then we can start the Kidney clock again....
Do we have a Dan clock.

See JP working under Peel at Scarlets... That's interesting 🤔
Better than same role at UR? :scratch:
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:15 pm
So It Is wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:40 pm I'd take Deccie.
Kiss can feck right aff.
Then we can start the Kidney clock again....
Do we have a Dan clock.

See JP working under Peel at Scarlets... That's interesting 🤔
Better than same role at UR? :scratch:
Peel and Payne will have a big job on at Scarlets next year, 14th in table this year and for next season have only signed 2 players and are letting 21 go.

https://all.rugby/transfers/scarlets
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

A few thoughts….

Lee Kiss…..no way. DK isn’t a coach, he’s a head coach, that’s Dans job….I can’t see it happening, although thinking about it….could he improve confidence and a winning mindset….probably, but ain’t gonna happen.

Jared I think has a decent gig….he gets to work with a young ambitious head coach who he knows, and has worked with. They start from a low place (the only place is up). Jared appears to have left UR under DMcF because he didn’t get the attack coach gig?….whats changed?…nothing. With Jared and DMcF with 2 yr deals….the potential obvious is a return to UR under a new head coach.
Also Jared has the perfect opportunity to show everyone what he can do in the URC in the meantime. I wish him well, and a return in 2 seasons (what a brilliant 15 he was).

If Hendo leaves it’ll fracture a lot of relationships….between UR, fans, Irfu. It’d be a terrible look, and frankly would need serious IRFU support to UR wether coaching / player recruitment to compensate….as itd definitely appear to be 1 rule for 1, 1 for another with a simple POM Munster comparison.

The lack of media around LI and PJ is deafening. Absolute Irfu shitshow.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

If Hendo leaves I won't lose any sleep. Great player, a talisman but only when fit. He made 7 appearances playing 424 minutes for us this season. He managed 137 minutes for Ireland. A total of 34 games in the last 4 seasons for Ulster.

At 31 he won't be around for the next World Cup with his injury profile. Therefore I can see the IRFU reasoning if they're not prepared to break the bank to keep him, and want to develop and give younger locks international experience. My priority if I were the IRFU would be to allocate his salary to a younger lock. Likewise for Hendo, if he can get a big pay day in the sun elsewhere I say all the best to him he owes us nothing. Rugby is now a business, both parties have to do what is best for them.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:12 pm If Hendo leaves I won't lose any sleep. Great player, a talisman but only when fit. He made 7 appearances playing 424 minutes for us this season. He managed 137 minutes for Ireland. A total of 34 games in the last 4 seasons for Ulster.

At 31 he won't be around for the next World Cup with his injury profile. Therefore I can see the IRFU reasoning if they're not prepared to break the bank to keep him, and want to develop and give younger locks international experience. My priority if I were the IRFU would be to allocate his salary to a younger lock. Likewise for Hendo, if he can get a big pay day in the sun elsewhere I say all the best to him he owes us nothing. Rugby is now a business, both parties have to do what is best for them.
Agreed
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:12 pm If Hendo leaves I won't lose any sleep. Great player, a talisman but only when fit. He made 7 appearances playing 424 minutes for us this season. He managed 137 minutes for Ireland. A total of 34 games in the last 4 seasons for Ulster.

Agreed
+1

It pains me to agree it as Hendy is one of my favourite Ulster players of all time.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Sadly, all true.
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

Yeah Hendy will not be value for money if he's put onto Ulster's books (assuming he won't get a central contract), which is a sad reality in pro sports.

The big negative is that him leaving won't free up any funds for a replacement. Sheridan needs to be fast tracked and given the Clockwork Orange treatment this summer . . .
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

The concern with Hendo is more off the field. He would be a big loss.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND