Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bayern
Steward

Re: Contract Situation

Post by Bayern »

DodgyEverything wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 2:39 pm
DodgyEverything wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:18 am
kingofthehill wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:11 am
DodgyEverything wrote:
kingofthehill wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:37 pm French might be decent…..and a good family guy.
Is there a hint in here? A Peter or a Griffin?
…….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unless it's Peter Nelson returning (can live in hope ;) ) I'm wagering this fella fits the bill https://all.rugby/player/archie-griffin
Or Ben Griffin who played in the AIL final for Clontarf
bingo, will be training with Ulster in preseason in hopes of earning a contract afaik
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Fair play. Hope it goes well for him if true. No local Academy THs then?
Exterminate all rational thought
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 3:54 pm Fair play. Hope it goes well for him if true. No local Academy THs then?
Scott Wilson won’t be any worse than Milo.
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 3:54 pm Fair play. Hope it goes well for him if true. No local Academy THs then?
Scott Wilson and Cameron Doak I guess.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

May as well- what's the point of the academy otherwise?
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Madigan ? Addison ?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Santa I understand Shinnerboots will be player coach next season, in Ulster but not at Ulster.
Addison? What a player, what a disappointment. Surely too expensive per game to offer a new contract?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

BaggyTrousers wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:09 pm Santa I understand Shinnerboots will be player coach next season, in Ulster but not at Ulster.
Addison? What a player, what a disappointment. Surely too expensive per game to offer a new contract?
Shaws Bridge is the place to be I hear. Not the only Ian who is headed there either
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

UlsterAreBrill wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:49 pm
BaggyTrousers wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:09 pm Santa I understand Shinnerboots will be player coach next season, in Ulster but not at Ulster.
Shaws Bridge is the place to be I hear. Not the only Ian who is headed there either
Whitten I assume? one of the Master Race
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
He’s a Wallace boy

The King is dead. Long live the King.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

kingofthehill wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:18 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
He’s a Wallace boy

Wow I always thought him MR :scratch: :salut: I stand corrected King. Maybe I was thinking big Ryan C lol- but he's a hippy now..
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Some positive comments about Kitshoff, sounds like the stormers could have brad pitt the bed like we did except for some good leadership.

"DHL Stormers coach John Dobson has admitted that he saw a lot of downside and even felt fear in the buildup to last week’s Vodacom United Rugby Championship quarterfinal against the Vodacom Bulls and needed help from skipper Steven Kitshoff to make him feel more positive.

Speaking in the buildup to Saturday’s URC semifinal against Connacht at the DHL Stadium, Dobson said that a lot of pressure had been released after the win over the Bulls and while he and his men are fired up to take the next step towards playing in a second successive final, there is also a lot less stress.

"I would say there is much less of a sense of dread and fear this week than there was last week, the buildup to the Bulls game was a very dread filled week,” said Dobson.

“Playing a playoff game against your arch rivals is always far tougher, it just felt like we had so much to lose. That we get to host this game, get to draw a crowd of more than 40 000 to a semifinal at home, is already a kind of win for us. So I would say there is less dread now and the occasion has more of a feel of opportunity about it.

“Last week I saw the downside the whole time and Kitsie did a great job of ensuring there was a mood of positivity in the camp,” he added

Last edited by jean valjean on Sat May 13, 2023 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Stephen better keep quiet next season. It's Greg Jones' job to be good around the training paddock/babysit.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Our local rag saying we have signed James French for next season.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Good signing; big enough but I understood he was a loosehead.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!