Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: Contract Situation

Post by jean valjean »

Neill_M wrote:
Dave wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:56 pm Can't see hendy getting one. A reduced Ulster deal will be offered but he should think about a big pay day.
Was apparently offered a cc and also made an offer in Japan according to media reports.
Does the ireland tax back deal apply to ulster based players? Wondering if that is a consideration for hendo
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:07 pm
Neill_M wrote:
Dave wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:56 pm Can't see hendy getting one. A reduced Ulster deal will be offered but he should think about a big pay day.
Was apparently offered a cc and also made an offer in Japan according to media reports.
Does the ireland tax back deal apply to ulster based players? Wondering if that is a consideration for hendo
Think that is down South only, open to correction of course. It was mentioned re Cooney etc.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Neill_M wrote:
Interesting...well he doesn't play more than a few minutes for Ulster so we're probably off topic now.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Neill_M wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:24 pm IRFU announced central contracts etc for James Ryan and Van Der Flier earlier, may get confirmation of a new one for Henderson (assuming he is staying v going to Japan).
Any sense he’d be off for two years make some money for his retirement.. now 3/4 choice lock at best for Ireland
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Whats the score with Addison 26 games in 5 years according to an article I read.sick note before he came seems bigger one now. Another contract I presume?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Cockatrice wrote:Whats the score with Addison 26 games in 5 years according to an article I read.sick note before he came seems bigger one now. Another contract I presume?
You're not allowed to call him that

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

I can see Addison getting a new contract for the very simple reason that 80% of supporters are in the We Are Brill Brigade, and they will fawn over the announcement given he is a good player, without giving an ounce of rational thought to the cost/benefit of having him on a physio table for another few years.

Its an easy win straight out of the Bryn Academy of Excellence on How To Run A Sports Team.
Last edited by So It Is on Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

The length of Addisons last contract extension in 21 was undisclosed, was it definitely a 2yr deal? WA is now 31. I know marcel had a late post injury resurgence at UR, unfortunately I don’t have the same confidence in WA.

I think you can give the benefit of the doubt over 2 maybe even 3 yrs, but not over 5, especially with a pre signing injury reputation too. Shame absolute quality player, and made that UR backline hum….Essential UR play a baller at 15 ie Moore.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

I wouldn't be opposed to a new contract for Will Addison depending on the terms. Obviously it'd be insane to offer him a flat rate contract, but if he was willing to take some sort of contract with a low base salary with increments based on appearances, from my point of view there'd be very little downside with the upside of having a nailed on starter if he does get back on the pitch.

I remember when I first saw him here wondering how he hadn't already got several caps to his name, he would have been some player if he wasn't made of glass.
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

Harry Sheridan, Conor McKee, James McCormick, Reuben Crothers and Ben Carson will all continue their development with Ulster Rugby.

https://ulster.rugby/content/ulster-sec ... -new-deals

Sheridan - Upgraded to development deal for 1 year and senior deal for 2nd year
Conor McKee - Upgraded to development deal for 1 year and senior deal for 2nd year
James McCormick - Upgraded to development deal for 1 year
Reuben Crothers - Upgraded to development deal for 1 year
Ben Carson - Upgraded to development deal for 1 year
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

MightyRearranger wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:37 am I wouldn't be opposed to a new contract for Will Addison depending on the terms. Obviously it'd be insane to offer him a flat rate contract, but if he was willing to take some sort of contract with a low base salary with increments based on appearances, from my point of view there'd be very little downside with the upside of having a nailed on starter if he does get back on the pitch.

I remember when I first saw him here wondering how he hadn't already got several caps to his name, he would have been some player if he wasn't made of glass.
Pay for play contract 🤔
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cockatrice wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:28 pm
MightyRearranger wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:37 am I wouldn't be opposed to a new contract for Will Addison depending on the terms. Obviously it'd be insane to offer him a flat rate contract, but if he was willing to take some sort of contract with a low base salary with increments based on appearances, from my point of view there'd be very little downside with the upside of having a nailed on starter if he does get back on the pitch.

Pay for play contract 🤔
Hope he lives near a food bank
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Would seem neither Milasinovich / JTA are getting a new deal then.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

They have to pay for Stockdale somehow
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

Bayern wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:15 pm Harry Sheridan, Conor McKee, James McCormick, Reuben Crothers and Ben Carson will all continue their development with Ulster Rugby.

https://ulster.rugby/content/ulster-sec ... -new-deals

Sheridan - Upgraded to development deal for 1 year and senior deal for 2nd year
Conor McKee - Upgraded to development deal for 1 year and senior deal for 2nd year
James McCormick - Upgraded to development deal for 1 year
Reuben Crothers - Upgraded to development deal for 1 year
Ben Carson - Upgraded to development deal for 1 year
Apart from Sheridan, who looks like the real deal, are any of these others capable of being 1st team players?