Ulster v La Rochelle - Saturday (Sunday?) Ravenhill (RDS?)

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Eggs
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster v La Rochelle - Saturday (Sunday?) Ravenhill (RDS?)

Post by Eggs »

Not much thaw in my garden. Sounds like they may be forced to make an early call on it too. Surely better to postpone to Sunday (when it is significantly warmer) than go to an empty rds
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

What are the odds that plastic paddy Lowe will score against us if we have to play in Dublin?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Eggs wrote:Not much thaw in my garden. Sounds like they may be forced to make an early call on it too. Surely better to postpone to Sunday (when it is significantly warmer) than go to an empty rds
Yeah but who is going to compensate LR for changing their return flights?
I bet they are pretty insistent on the game being played on Saturday rather than an extra day in Belfast which affects their planning for the following week in the top 14.
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

jean valjean wrote:
Eggs wrote:Not much thaw in my garden. Sounds like they may be forced to make an early call on it too. Surely better to postpone to Sunday (when it is significantly warmer) than go to an empty rds
Yeah but who is going to compensate LR for changing their return flights?
I bet they are pretty insistent on the game being played on Saturday rather than an extra day in Belfast which affects their planning for the following week in the top 14.
What about the compensation for the season ticket holders or free tickets on all the extra trains Translink will be running ImageImageImage

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

What about compensation for all the trauma suffered watching the last two “games”.
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

I blame the Protocol myself…
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Careful, you'll be giving Jamie Bryson ideas.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ulster Rugby wrote: Ulster Rugby is continuing to take every possible step to preserve the playing surface ahead of this weekend’s Heineken Champions Cup fixture against reigning champions Stade Rochelais, scheduled to take place at Kingspan Stadium on Saturday 17 December (KO 5.30pm).

Frost covers have been on the pitch all week and additional measures such as heaters are being brought in. Efforts will continue, with sustained freezing temperatures forecast over the coming days.

The club is in regular contact with tournament organisers EPCR, and we will provide daily updates for supporters via our social media channels.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

It will thaw by Saturday, that would be just our luck so we have to go and watch them get mauled rather than spend Saturday actually enjoying ourselves.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Any farmers on the board these days? What's the expert opinion?

My back garden is still covered in white.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Dave wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:03 pm Any farmers on the board these days? What's the expert opinion?

Have you tried setting it on fire?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

damianmcr wrote:
Dave wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:03 pm Any farmers on the board these days? What's the expert opinion?

Have you tried setting it on fire?
It's not the Colombian marching powder btw.
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

Best case scenario team:
Sutherland, Herring, Moore, O’Connor, Henderson, Mar Rea, Timoney, Vermuelen, Cooney, Burns, Lyttle, McCloskey, Marshall, McIlroy, Lowry
Subs - Stewart, Warwick, O’Toole, Treadwell, McCann, Doak, Moore, Stockdale

Likely team:
Sutherland, Herring, Moore, O’Connor, Henderson, Mar Rea, Timoney, Vermeulen, Cooney, Burns, Stockdale, McCloskey, Moore, McIlroy, Lowry
Subs - Stewart, O’Sullivan, O’Toole, Carter, Treadwell, Mat Rea, Doak, Moxham

Seems like Ulster are confident either Sutherland will be fit/Warwick will be cleared as Callum Reid is playing for the A team the day before. Can’t see Warwick escaping a ban tbh.

Apparently Hendy and Cooney should be grand, but Marshall and Stockdale are doubts. Think Stockdale will probs be ok, but Marshall probably not, based on Gilroy’s inclusion in the A team. Regardless of Stockdale’s fitness, I would be starting Rob Lyttle, criminally underused player.

If Hendy is back and Marshall is out, think Dan will go with a 6/2 split and start Stockdale and have Doak and Moxham covering the bench. Hopefully we could have 3 of Treadwell/Carter/Jordi/McCann but Matty Rea will probably be one of those.

Hume, Addison, Baloucoune all ruled out apparently -https://mobile.twitter.com/JBradleyBT/s ... 0047004673
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

SUFTUM_19 wrote:Best case scenario team:
Sutherland, Herring, Moore, O’Connor, Henderson, Mar Rea, Timoney, Vermuelen, Cooney, Burns, Lyttle, McCloskey, Marshall, McIlroy, Lowry
Subs - Stewart, Warwick, O’Toole, Treadwell, McCann, Doak, Moore, Stockdale

Likely team:
Sutherland, Herring, Moore, O’Connor, Henderson, Mar Rea, Timoney, Vermeulen, Cooney, Burns, Stockdale, McCloskey, Moore, McIlroy, Lowry
Subs - Stewart, O’Sullivan, O’Toole, Carter, Treadwell, Mat Rea, Doak, Moxham

Seems like Ulster are confident either Sutherland will be fit/Warwick will be cleared as Callum Reid is playing for the A team the day before. Can’t see Warwick escaping a ban tbh.

Apparently Hendy and Cooney should be grand, but Marshall and Stockdale are doubts. Think Stockdale will probs be ok, but Marshall probably not, based on Gilroy’s inclusion in the A team. Regardless of Stockdale’s fitness, I would be starting Rob Lyttle, criminally underused player.

If Hendy is back and Marshall is out, think Dan will go with a 6/2 split and start Stockdale and have Doak and Moxham covering the bench. Hopefully we could have 3 of Treadwell/Carter/Jordi/McCann but Matty Rea will probably be one of those.

Hume, Addison, Baloucoune all ruled out apparently -https://mobile.twitter.com/JBradleyBT/s ... 0047004673
That is a major boost. Hendy transforms a pack and Sutherland is lightyears better than Warwick. Dropping Matty Rea would instantly provide an impact. 100% agree re: Lyttle.
ulster32
Novice

Post by ulster32 »

Heard last week Lyttle was selected in the 23 at the coaches meeting and was advised by one of the coaches that he’d be involved,only to turn up to the team meeting and McFarland to announce Moxham in the 23.

Great man management if true..