Ulster v Connacht Saturday September 17 7.35pm UK Time Premier Sports / BBC2NI / TG4

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Connacht Saturday September 17 7.35pm UK Time Premier Sports / BBC2NI / TG4

Post by Neill_M »

SUFTUM_19 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:50 pm I take it neither team will have any their internationals back?
Round 2 apparently if fit, timed in conjunction with the players going off to South Africa on this dog and pony show tour.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Connacht Saturday September 17 7.35pm UK Time Premier Sports / BBC2NI / TG4

Post by Dave »

Big-al wrote:
Dave wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:57 pm
big mervyn wrote:I take it we're having a minute's silence, and maybe even a rare Ravenhill rendition of GSTK?, On Sat?
It will take the loyalist 6 months to learn the new words.
What about Unionists?
Equally as dumb. Rugby in Ulster and Ireland pretty much ignores the union.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Dave wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:55 pm
Big-al wrote:
big mervyn wrote:I take it we're having a minute's silence, and maybe even a rare Ravenhill rendition of GSTK?, On Sat?
What about Unionists?
Only in your republican head.

Your statement doesn’t correlate with the messages of sympathy from ulster rugby last weekend, the cancellation of all rugby in the province as a mark of respect to the head of the Union and the highly likely event of a minutes silence on Saturday night.
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

Neill_M wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:56 pm
SUFTUM_19 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:50 pm I take it neither team will have any their internationals back?
Round 2 apparently if fit, timed in conjunction with the players going off to South Africa on this dog and pony show tour.
These first 4 rounds it looks like we’ll be quite stretched then… it’s going to be an interesting team selection - we just go and put out our traditionally ‘strongest’ players even if they have seen little/no game time over pre season or will we mix it up? Wouldn’t be surprised to see a McDonald & Flannery half back combo to start and then Doak/Cooney & Burns given more game time off the bench.
Still a lot of unknowns in terms of injuries (ie Warwick, Jones, Marcus rea, Postlethwaite, Addison, Sexton, Moxham) as well as people who haven’t seen any game time over pre season (McCann, Cooney, Baloucoune, McIlroy), so 12pm on Friday afternoon is going to make for some interesting reading! Hopefully Hendy, Big Stu, Hume, Addison and Lowry will be back soon as well as the rest of the Irish contingent who they didn’t manage to break!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

SUFTUM_19 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:38 pm
These first 4 rounds it looks like we’ll be quite stretched then… it’s going to be an interesting team selection - we just go and put out our traditionally ‘strongest’ players even if they have seen little/no game time over pre season or will we mix it up? Wouldn’t be surprised to see a McDonald & Flannery half back combo to start and then Doak/Cooney & Burns given more game time off the bench.
Still a lot of unknowns in terms of injuries (ie Warwick, Jones, Marcus rea, Postlethwaite, Addison, Sexton, Moxham) as well as people who haven’t seen any game time over pre season (McCann, Cooney, Baloucoune, McIlroy), so 12pm on Friday afternoon is going to make for some interesting reading! Hopefully Hendy, Big Stu, Hume, Addison and Lowry will be back soon as well as the rest of the Irish contingent who they didn’t manage to break!
Read the target for Hendo is Round 5 v Lions in South Africa.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Wonder if Carter will get picked ahead of Big Frank?

Gotta be the tallest set of locks Ulster have ever had!
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

justinr73 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:56 pm Wonder if Carter will get picked ahead of Big Frank?

Is Carter our 6th choice lock?

1 Henderson 2 Strangler 3 Treadz 4 Izzy 5 Big bad Bradshaw 6 Carts?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

Neill_M wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:05 pm
I wonder if the emerging Ireland players will just stay in SA and link up with Ulster there
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:00 pm
justinr73 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:56 pm Wonder if Carter will get picked ahead of Big Frank?

IMO yes, I would say McF sees him as 4th choice atm tho
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

SUFTUM_19 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:04 pm
Neill_M wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:05 pm
I wonder if the emerging Ireland players will just stay in SA and link up with Ulster there
That would seem a sensible plan. Ulster play the Ospreys on Saturday 8th and game v Lions is on the 15th.

Final game of Emerging Ireland tour is on the 9th v the Cheetahs. All three games of the tour are in Bloemfontein relatively close to Joburg.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Big-al wrote:
Big-al wrote:
What about Unionists?

Your statement doesn’t correlate with the messages of sympathy from ulster rugby last weekend, the cancellation of all rugby in the province as a mark of respect to the head of the Union and the highly likely event of a minutes silence on Saturday night.
FFS Al, this is not a politics thread. Please take this elsewhere. I'm not a republican either ffs, not that type at least. Shirley, you can see the all ireland model is the antithesis of unionism. That's what I mean by ignore the union. Now pi$h off to the politics thread.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:00 pm

:D
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Dave wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:12 pm
Big-al wrote:
Big-al wrote:
Dave wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:57 pm It will take the loyalist 6 months to learn the new words.
What about Unionists?

FFS Al, this is not a politics thread. Please take this elsewhere. I'm not a republican either ffs, not that type at least. Shirley, you can see the all ireland model is the antithesis of unionism. That's what I mean by ignore the union. Now pi$h off to the politics thread.
You brought politics into it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Big-al wrote:
You brought politics into it.
Love to the family.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

BIG FIGHT ... BIG FIGHT ... BIG FLEG FIGHT!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"