Clermont v Ulster Saturday Dec 11 5:30pm (UK Time)

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Clermont v Ulster Saturday Dec 11 5:30pm (UK Time)

Post by Neill_M »

Clermont 7th in T14 going into Saturday's game, 5-1 at Home and 1-5 on the road. The statistics point to 2 home wins in the 21/22 Ulster ASM matches which would continue the sequence of zero away wins between the two sides in the Heineken Cup.

5/9 Lyon 28-19 Clermont, 26/9 Toulouse 27-15 Clermont, 10/10 Stade Francais 22-14 Clermont, 16/10 Montpellier 20-22 Clermont, 30/10 Bordeaux 25-9 Clermont, 27/11 Perpignan 26-24 Clermont

11/9 Clermont 30-34 Castres, 18/19 Clermont 23-22 La Rochelle, 3/10 Clermont 26-17 Racing 92, 23/10 Clermont 42-20 Pau, 7/11 Clermont 31-16 Toulon, 4/12 Clermont 39-11 Biarritz
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

SUFTUM_19 wrote:Would argue Marty Moore is actually the biggest loss there in terms of depth.

Would go Warwick, Herring, O’Toole, AOC, Carter (only for the set piece), Timoney, Mar Rea, Vermeulen, Cooney, Burns, Baloucoune, McCloskey, Hume, Gilroy, McIlroy subs - Andrew, EOS, Kane, Treadwell, Reidy, Doak, Lowry, Lyttle

Don’t think McGrath on the bench is a good idea with Andrew and Kane who’ve had about half a minute of rugby between them all season. we will do well to get a losing bonus point from this, but sometimes we do perform better when everyone’s ruled us out before the game.
Decent side but I would go……..

Carter instead of Treadwell
Mcilroy wing for Gilroy
Lowry 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Unless DV can play tighthead, I'm not sure having him on the field will make much of a difference - we are going to get minced in the scrum without Marty. I'm not convinced its sensible to rush DV into this as his first game.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

allezlesverres wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:12 pm Unless DV can play tighthead, I'm not sure having him on the field will make much of a difference - we are going to get minced in the scrum without Marty. I'm not convinced its sensible to rush DV into this as his first game.
He's been playing for years
:thumleft:
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Good luck you lot, not seen our team sheet yet, so sitting on the fence re our trip to France.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

So It Is wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:35 pm I fear for our scrum.
Welcme to the forum! I think we're all echoing this fear for the front eight. I doubt that we can hope for much joy but we must absolutely not give up.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

https://www.lamontagne.fr/clermont-ferr ... _14058523/

Two days before the reception of Ulster, in the opening match of the Champions Cup, Clermont was caught by the Covid with a contact case placed in isolation and a player detected positive ... which should lead to the forfeit unvaccinated players.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

damianmcr wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:29 pm https://www.lamontagne.fr/clermont-ferr ... _14058523/

Two days before the reception of Ulster, in the opening match of the Champions Cup, Clermont was caught by the Covid with a contact case placed in isolation and a player detected positive ... which should lead to the forfeit unvaccinated players.
Huh. Don’t know anything about the reliability of the source. Watch this space, I guess
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

We’ll take the 28 nil please
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

Never doubted the lads that they'd bring back the 5 points . . . .
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

I see that it's being reported in L'equipe too so don't doubt it to be the case. Had a look at the Clermont fan forum and they're discussing it, apparently their team is due to be announced at 11am (our time) today, will be interesting to see.
kUD
Novice

Post by kUD »

damianmcr wrote:https://www.lamontagne.fr/clermont-ferr ... _14058523/

A quick flick round the rest of this site it would appear that they've had one player (Cancoriet) test positive and therefore he can't play and nor can two unvaccinated players (Moala, Matsushima). Otherwise the match goes ahead as normal.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

There seems to be talk on the Clermont forum (here http://www.cybervulcans.net/forum/topic ... ?p=2929377) that Lopez is a close contact and will have to sit the game out too, with JJ Hanrahan probably starting for them. Strangely they're also worried about how their pack will get on against ours.

The positive result was from Wednesdays tests, so we won't know exactly what the situation is until the results from yesterdays are in. Much as a five point win is a brilliant result, for the sake of a game and the competition hopefully this is as bad as it gets. If we ever are to win the competition again, I don't want the begrudgers finding an excuse to add another asterisk.
germcevoy
Initiate

Post by germcevoy »

Clermont having to do without their unvaccinated players. It would be interesting to see how many players that includes.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Clermont v Ulster Saturday Dec 11 5:30pm (UK Time)

Post by kingofthehill »

MightyRearranger wrote:There seems to be talk on the Clermont forum (here http://www.cybervulcans.net/forum/topic ... ?p=2929377) that Lopez is a close contact and will have to sit the game out too, with JJ Hanrahan probably starting for them. Strangely they're also worried about how their pack will get on against ours.

The positive result was from Wednesdays tests, so we won't know exactly what the situation is until the results from yesterdays are in. Much as a five point win is a brilliant result, for the sake of a game and the competition hopefully this is as bad as it gets. If we ever are to win the competition again, I don't want the begrudgers finding an excuse to add another asterisk.
It’s on.

Will be interesting to see who’s missing all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by kingofthehill on Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
The King is dead. Long live the King.