Six Nations 18/19

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Six Nations 18/19

Post by Dave »

tigerburnie wrote:Clinical English performance, won all the collisions and were mostly on the front foot in pretty much all aspects of the game, throws the competition wide open now.
An away TBP win should leave England has clear favourites. Especially having seen the other sides play.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Some things about that Irish performance I don't buy there was not one attempted Schmidt type power play from lineout or scrum and we certainly had a few in attacking positions. That doesn't add up for me.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

tigerburnie wrote:Brutal looking game no real loser there, England just seem to have the edge this week.

Congrats TB, England did their homework, prepped well, put pressure on and we didn't find a way to get back in to the match. We overplayed trying to get back into it and played into England's strategy. I thought Sexton should've done a bit more to get us on the right road. Henshaw not fit, wrong selection. Playing 15 is a lung buster, he wasn't match fit.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:Cooney scored a try which was something positive. Unless you mean the starting 9-15 only?
Agreed, and Cooney should have been on a lot earlier. Murray was almost as poor today as he was for Munster a couple of weeks ago. No player should be immune from tactical substitution.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:Clinical English performance, won all the collisions and were mostly on the front foot in pretty much all aspects of the game, throws the competition wide open now.
An away TBP win should leave England has clear favourites. Especially having seen the other sides play.
Yes. I'd go further and say the team and coaches should be shot if they don't slam it now.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Some things about that Irish performance I don't buy there was not one attempted Schmidt type power play from lineout or scrum and we certainly had a few in attacking positions. That doesn't add up for me.
JS might be wondering the same. I think the team looked fairly rattled as everything they tried resulted in being smashed back behind the gainline. The likes of Ryan, Stander, Furlong, Toner etc. all well marshalled. Was it just a collective off day or a cause for concern?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I was feck off, then I remembered how the scummy IRFU treated PJ and wee Stu... Slap it up them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

Complete ambivalence from me Mr Brown.
Now I just have to find out what that means.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Zebo would walk onto that team.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

England in Caaaaaaardiff is the stumbling block potentially, but we really ought to win our home games, Scotland aren't bad but if England find the same game as today it should be straight foreward. Never take Italy or France for granted, but we should win those 2.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Dave wrote:Zebo would walk onto that team.
He’d certainly put in a better show than Earls who is so utterly ineffective against any tier 1 nation. But alas if you look at the player ratings out already in the shinner press it’s Rory and Stockcubes fault.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

A good result in disguise — brings the Irish expectation back to reality .

Earls’s defence has always been suspect — mucho guts but not the brightest star in the heavens approach frequently .

Farrell won the out half duel and Sexton had an old record look to his game - looked like he expected to get hit every time he got the ball - every touch had a nerves written in Capitals .

It was a game for McCloskey at 12 — structured first or second phase - rather than random dashes here there and every where

Ireland tried to play at pace but it was to predictable and rushed and insufficient support thus every ball carrier was facing two tacklers pure Saracens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

TopPoster wrote:
Dave wrote:Zebo would walk onto that team.
He’d certainly put in a better show than Earls who is so utterly ineffective against any tier 1 nation. But alas if you look at the player ratings out already in the shinner press it’s Rory and Stockcubes fault.
Stockdale had by far the most metres gained of any Irish player. No other player was gathering that ball either. He's the tallest back.

CJ Stander: 11 carries, 6 metres gained. Nothing said.
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

rumncoke wrote:A good result in disguise — brings the Irish expectation back to reality .

Earls’s defence has always been suspect — mucho guts but not the brightest star in the heavens approach frequently .

Farrell won the out half duel and Sexton had an old record look to his game - looked like he expected to get hit every time he got the ball - every touch had a nerves written in Capitals .

It was a game for McCloskey at 12 — structured first or second phase - rather than random dashes here there and every where

Ireland tried to play at pace but it was to predictable and rushed and insufficient support thus every ball carrier was facing two tacklers pure Saracens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Two things about this.
Oh I forgotten.
Ignore me
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Ireland were not allowed to play, not sure it is the fault of any players, the England game plan was carried out effectively and the press defence was so strong, Ireland were often forced back from the gain line, difficult to launch anything when you lose the collisions.