Ulster v Uruguay - Friday 9th November 2018

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Ulster v Uruguay - Friday 9th November 2018

Post by Tender »

Aird..it might have escaped your notice, but for the past two seasons we’ve paid the same price for our seasons tickets, even though the introduction of the conference system means there are less games.
The ‘Additional Ticket’ is a useless cop out by UR and I’d say universally hated by season ticket holders.
The Uruguay game was a chance for UR to regain some kudos with their disenchanted fan base, but as per usual...they feckeditrightup.
This bullshyte about them not running the game adds insult to injury.
They are rapidly turning themselves into a bigger bagoshyte than FIRFU.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Tender wrote:
The Uruguay game was a chance for UR to regain some kudos with their disenchanted fan base,
Are you serious?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Firstly Tender it is your and my choice to either buy or not buy a season ticket. Some people buy a season ticket for the connivence of not having to Get tickets for every match and to ensure that you have same seat if you are in a stand.
Unless you are a terrace dweller it was obvious to any one with a modicum of sense that the "free " ticket was never really going to work . What was the pint of saying to someone how would you like to come to Ravenhill with me but you will have to sit somewhere else.
Obviously you have not read the terms of your season ticket if you have one as it quite clearly states what games it is valid for , and additional games like the Barbarians etc have never been included.
I suspect that this fixture may well have originated in D4 who after all said and done own Ravenhill and may well presume the right to arrange a fixture there or even to hire it out.
I am pretty sure that this fixture would not have been arranged without Head Office approval.
Much as some may dislike the fact the clue is in the name Ulster BRANCH of the IRFU.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Aird

None of that in any way invalidates what Tender and others have stated. No one is saying that they don't know what they're buying when they get a season ticket, and the reasons you cite are perfectly true, but that doesn't mean that alternatives couldn't have been considered or offered.

You seem to imply that by buying a ticket you have to give up any opinions people may have on whether alternatives might have been included with that ticket, or that by doing so you accept Ulster rugby as being right on every subject and above criticism.

I would suggest that being a season ticket holder possibly empowers one as a stakeholder with as much right and possibly more to criticise if one thinks it is merited.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I’m a season ticket holder, I have no rights...... other than to take my seat if I choose...but not next Friday. Of course I understood that when buying. Prices appear to be a bit of a joke, though not a good one. I’d expect three men and possibly a wee fella and maybe a dog.
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Will The Hond be unleashed?

I imagine they’ll have a few big boys upfront.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Aird, you are being a total arsefoon? We know what we’re buying when we buy our season tickets and we know we’ve been stroked this past two seasons. You admit the extra ticket isn’t a good idea, but you don’t seem to think UR have ripped off their loyal supporter. The very supporters who pay them in advance, which should benefits them with financial planning.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

It seems if I am reading you correctly that even with your superior financial knowledge that you claim that you have allowed yourself to be ripped off by UR. As I said before the choice is up to the individual and there has been no substantial change in the terms of e ticket.
I don't necessarily think that either UR or the IRFU get it right every time and I don't deny the right to criticise.
Also as a longstanding ST holder starting on the East terrace and then moving through the stands I feel the right to hold my opinion.
On this occasion I feel the hassle about the Uraguay fixture is unwarranted, as indeed are the negative comments on the new CEO.
I would prefer to see how he performs before criticising him and I personally feel bringing in an outsider with seemingly no baggage on the way of local loyalties is a sensible move.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote:Image

You want to be Gary Lineker???.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Yep, Arsefoonery.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:
Dave wrote:Image

You want to be Gary Lineker???.
No
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

If the band is there it will really ruin the night.

1. Uruguay is the only country whose name in English has the same letter three times in its first five.

2. The only country in South America smaller than Uruguay is Suriname.

3. The name ‘Uruguay’ comes from the Uruguay River which is thought to mean ‘river of the painted birds’ in the Guarani language.

4. Uruguay is the only country in Latin America which is entirely outside the tropics.

5. Uruguay is the only country that keeps track of 100 per cent of its cattle.

6. In December 2013, Uruguay became the world’s first country to legalise the marijuana trade.

7. Uruguay won gold for football at both the 1924 and 1928 Olympics. They are the only Olympic gold medals the country has ever won.

8. The first European in Uruguay was Spanish explorer Juan Diaz de Solis in 1516.

9. He was killed and possibly eaten by the native Charrúa. This kept Europeans away for 100 years.

10. The President of Uruguay, Jose Mujica, has been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize by a Dutch pro-drugs institute for legalising marijuana.
"This doesn't look good Parker"
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Wikipedia is a powerful tool.
Thank you for your help Ladyp.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Never trust anyone who pronounces it Oo-roo-guay. It may be correct but you're still a gabshite.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.