A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote: I would rate the UK change a on a par with the Irish Navy taking on the US navy in a gun battle.
Poor analogy Rooster

We all know the Septics pre-disposition to friendly fire.

With not a lot of the Irish navy to actually shoot at, I wouldn't put it past them to shoot at each other and sink their own ships.

With Dipstick in the white house it could escalate and go nuclear.

The Irish as ever would claim neutrality while the world goes to hell in a handcart and the Irish navy emerges unscathed and rules the 7 seas .... or a couple of them at least - the couple they can actually put ships in to.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Chequers Goes Pop!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:Chequers Goes Pop!
Chequers did what it was supposed to do

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:Chequers Goes Pop!
Poor guy barely in his grave. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The UK is a laughing stock, Brits OUT.

FOB
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

DUP cannot be allowed have a 'veto' on backstop deal, says Coveney

The Minister for Foreign Affairs has said the backstop agreement on the Irish border has been turned into a "green and orange" issue.

Simon Coveney also said getting a good deal for Ireland in the Brexit talks is being hampered by the actions of political parties.

Mr Coveney said that Ireland cannot allow one political party in Northern Ireland - the DUP - to veto proposals on the backstop agreement.

Speaking on RTÉ's Marian Finucane programme, Mr Coveney said: "We need to get a deal" and that while the DUP has a role to play in supporting the British government, Ireland [and the EU] does not have a 'confidence and supply' agreement with any political party in Northern Ireland.

He said Ireland is not seeking "in any way" to threaten or undermine the constitutional integrity of the United Kingdom, but accused Sinn Féin of "spreading fear" among unionists by calling previously for a border poll.

He said there is a danger that some parties had turned the efforts to get the backstop agreement into some sort of mechanism to change the border and this was making unionists fearful.

Mr Coveney said a backstop deal must be nailed down, but there are legal hurdles to be overcome first.

He said he believed an agreement can be found and he trusted that British Prime Minister Theresa May is not going back on the commitments she made last December on the so-called backstop agreement.

He said the Taoiseach will never sign a withdrawal treaty that does not ensure the commitments given to Ireland on the border are not followed through on.

Mr Coveney said there are aspects of Theresa May's 'Chequers plan' that can be worked on.

He said the UK had now committed to working on a revised text for the backstop and he called for an intensification of talks between the UK and the EU Brexit teams.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Shan wrote:
DUP cannot be allowed have a 'veto' on backstop deal, says Coveney

The Minister for Foreign Affairs has said the backstop agreement on the Irish border has been turned into a "green and orange" issue.

Simon Coveney also said getting a good deal for Ireland in the Brexit talks is being hampered by the actions of political parties.

Mr Coveney said that Ireland cannot allow one political party in Northern Ireland - the DUP - to veto proposals on the backstop agreement.

Speaking on RTÉ's Marian Finucane programme, Mr Coveney said: "We need to get a deal" and that while the DUP has a role to play in supporting the British government, Ireland [and the EU] does not have a 'confidence and supply' agreement with any political party in Northern Ireland.

He said Ireland is not seeking "in any way" to threaten or undermine the constitutional integrity of the United Kingdom, but accused Sinn Féin of "spreading fear" among unionists by calling previously for a border poll.

He said there is a danger that some parties had turned the efforts to get the backstop agreement into some sort of mechanism to change the border and this was making unionists fearful.

Mr Coveney said a backstop deal must be nailed down, but there are legal hurdles to be overcome first.

He said he believed an agreement can be found and he trusted that British Prime Minister Theresa May is not going back on the commitments she made last December on the so-called backstop agreement.

He said the Taoiseach will never sign a withdrawal treaty that does not ensure the commitments given to Ireland on the border are not followed through on.

Mr Coveney said there are aspects of Theresa May's 'Chequers plan' that can be worked on.

He said the UK had now committed to working on a revised text for the backstop and he called for an intensification of talks between the UK and the EU Brexit teams.
This is just 100% nonsense

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

More great work from the Ulster Fry :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :salut:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

RHI inquiry was excellent listening today, it is even more preposterous than an entire series of Yes Minister, the Little Penguin thought it would be a good idea to film ding ding Bell when he was drunk.
Their texts and WhatsApp messages are bound to make Jacko and Stu look very quiet civilised chaps on a night out .
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Big Neville Southall
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Well it's the Mid Term Elections for Senate & House of Representatives (& some other stuff like Governorships etc) so i'ts late nite telly for me tonight. :) Probably on me own. :( Always like Election night results coverage so from midnite I'll be Channel hopping between BBC News 24, Sky News and CNN. I'll guess Republicans to just hold Senate and Democrats to just about sneak ahead in the House.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

When's this shyte over?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?