*@#$ - didn't expect this.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

*@#$ - didn't expect this.

Post by pwrmoore »

I thought Cockers promised us he was going to a new role as a minister ion the methodist church. I don't want to see a valuable charitable institution going down the pan....

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-45796495
The former head of Ulster Rugby, Shane Logan, is the new chief executive of the Bryson Group.

He will head one of Northern Ireland's biggest and oldest social enterprises which employs hundreds of people.

Mr Logan stepped down from his rugby role in August after a turbulent year for Ulster.

It was a season in which two head coaches - Les Kiss and Jono Gibbes - left the province.

There had also been tensions with the Irish Rugby Football Union (IRFU) over player recruitment while Ulster players Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding were tried and acquitted for rape.

◾Ulster Rugby chief to step down
◾"There's plenty to be done"
◾Calls for Logan to quit

Mr Logan publicly disagreed with the IRFU's decision not to allow Ulster to give South African scrum-half Ruan Pienaar a new contract in 2016.

Further moves aimed at ensuring Pienaar's return to Ulster from Montpellier came to nothing.

During his time at Ulster Rugby, Shane Logan oversaw the £15m redevelopment of Ravenhill, now the Kingspan Stadium as well as a period of strong success on the field, which culminated in the side reaching the 2012 Heineken Cup Final

Mr Logan is to replace John McMullan who led the Bryson Group for 17 years.

He said the new role was a "great honour and privilege".

"Bryson is a pioneer of the social enterprise sector in Northern Ireland and is at the forefront of tackling some of the major issues facing society including fuel poverty, unemployment and environmental issues to supporting vulnerable individuals, families and children," he said.

"I very much look forward to using my experience and meeting the challenge of delivering further growth to the Bryson Group, for the betterment of our staff, clients and the wider society we serve."
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: *@#$ - didn't expect this.

Post by Dave »

Logan out
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Yes, that's me in the avatar!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

'A graduate of Manchester University in Law and Accounting, Shane has 22 years’ experience at CEO level, including serving on over 20 private, public and voluntary boards.'

22 years at CEO level?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

'The level of interest for this post exceeded our expectations with over 50 senior executives applying from across the UK and Ireland.  Following a robust recruitment and selection process, Shane stood out for us in terms of his proven track record of senior roles in a wide range of local and international organisations, both in the private and third sector.  These organisations include Royal National Institute for the Blind, BP, Harland & Wolff PLC and more recently Ulster Rugby. '

Sounds familiar
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Interesting the piece talks about strong on the field performance "culminating in the side reaching the 2012 Heineken Cup Final" so even if we take them at their word that is 6 years ago out of an 8-year tenure. Allowing for any clown to take a little while to ruin any organisation ??????????????? ..................... and yet he has a "proven track record"?

Anyone knowing anybody employed in the Bryson Group, perhaps they should be on the lookout for alternatives if he is as successful there as he was at Ulster.

I thought he was taking over at Wasps when we take their CEO. :scratch:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

“A graduate of Manchester University in Law and Accounting, Shane has 22 years’ experience at CEO level, including serving on over 20 private, public and voluntary boards.”

What a Load of wánk
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Kofi Annan wrote:“A graduate of Manchester University in Law and Accounting, Shane has 22 years’ experience at CEO level, including serving on over 20 private, public and voluntary boards.”

What a Load of wánk
In two minds whether to reply to the Bryson CEO's tweet asking which Manchester University it was, at what level was his 22 years at CEO level accrued, and was it the real BP, the real RNIB and the real Ulster Rugby for which he worked?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:“A graduate of Manchester University in Law and Accounting, Shane has 22 years’ experience at CEO level, including serving on over 20 private, public and voluntary boards.”

What a Load of wánk
In two minds whether to reply to the Bryson CEO's tweet asking which Manchester University it was, at what level was his 22 years at CEO level accrued, and was it the real BP, the real RNIB and the real Ulster Rugby for which he worked?
Do it.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:
BR wrote:

What a Load of wánk
Do it.
But I kind of think if they can't be arsèd with due diligence, then fûck them.

You'd wonder if some journalist out there may be interested in the story.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote:
BR wrote:

What a Load of wánk
Do it.
But I kind of think if they can't be arsèd with due diligence, then fûck them.

You'd wonder if some journalist out there may be interested in the story.
Do. It.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Do it sounds about right. You may have noticed before BR that between BR & BT there has sometimes been BS, has a certain timbre to it, but look no bullshit, if you have an ear of any journo, bend it.

Surely joy would be unconfined if UAFC could pish on the ballix's parade.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I feel sorry for the employees and stakeholders of the Bryson group

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Russ wrote:I feel sorry for the employees and stakeholders of the Bryson group

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Maybe they got exactly what they were looking for.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It will go spectacularly well...