Ulster Vs Edinburgh Friday 7th Sept 7.35pm KO Premier Sports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster Vs Edinburgh Friday 7th Sept 7.35pm KO Premier Sp

Post by big mervyn »

The Family Stand was quite shocking. Have the god fearing parents of Ulster decided that Ravers is no longer a fit place to bring their weans and/or have "The Band" finally driven everybody out. Not entirely in jest there. Would anybody seriously consider forking out for a seat in front of that?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:The Family Stand was quite shocking. Have the god fearing parents of Ulster decided that Ravers is no longer a fit place to bring their weans and/or have "The Band" finally driven everybody out. Not entirely in jest there. Would anybody seriously consider forking out for a seat in front of that?
Think that is why they were giving those as the "free" ticket
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:The Family Stand was quite shocking. Have the god fearing parents of Ulster decided that Ravers is no longer a fit place to bring their weans and/or have "The Band" finally driven everybody out. Not entirely in jest there. Would anybody seriously consider forking out for a seat in front of that?
It would be the stand that I would be least likely to select.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Gusher's commentary on Gilly's try here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/45434364 . Have to love his enthusiasm.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I kinda miss Gusher. I kinda miss Marcel tearing heads off and beasting the opposition. I hope That Marcel comes back soon.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I could be remembering things wrong but he looks to me like he has lost a yard or two of pace. He moves quite gingerly on that knee at times. It may be more of a confidence thing. He is still running people over though and smashing rucks. The other thing is, I don't believe he has played against any of the top sides? The Scarlets and Embra are two of the more physical teams.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Those expecting Marcell and Nordi to be up to full throttle after injury are officially “nat wise”.

Give it a few games.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Unfortunately for Marcell, I have only ever seen him 'returning from injury'.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

On his previous ‘Return from injury’ he fecking scared the shyte outta me, even though he was one of ours. Now it’s all a big mew!
I’m beginning to wonder if some of the families who previously endured the band in the family stand, have shifted over to the Mem Stand. I’m seeing way more than last season and a fair few greenhorns in and around me at both games thus far. This may explain why I’ve had to tell people to STFU every time a place kick is being taken. feck is up with these kuntz? Do we need to have the Radiotube make an announcement before the game and at halftime?
I’ll also be penning a ‘Mr Angry From Belmont’ email to UR asking why the doors at the bottom of the Nevin Spence staircase were still locked at the final whistle. A lot of angry guys walked all the way down there from the top of the stand, only to find they had to climb the stairs again to get out .
Remember Ibrox? Health & Safety. Don’t care about supporters, just want our money....etc etc
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Watched it last night.
More like the thing for perioda of tge 2nd half.
String some of that together into an 80' performance, and i may just darken their door again.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:Watched it last night.
String some of that together into an 80' performance, and i may just darken their door again.
Some excellent stuff in it alright BR, handling and organisation seems a lot better than last season, players look like they want to play, certainly a lot more life about them and I think over the next 2 matches we should get more opportunity to get things more streamlined.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Fly Half
Steward

Post by Fly Half »

Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:Watched it last night.
Some excellent stuff in it alright BR, handling and organisation seems a lot better than last season, players look like they want to play, certainly a lot more life about them and I think over the next 2 matches we should get more opportunity to get things more streamlined.
Saffa land is literally a world away for the weans in the side and unlike Schalk will be no pushovers.
The future isn't what it used to be
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

If I have it right both our Saffer teams have no further interest in the Currie Cup so that won't help. With Sunday then Friday fixtures I hope they put everything into game one and take their chances after that. Cheetahs will be tougher but at least they no longer have the great Mapimpi.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:If I have it right both our Saffer teams have no further interest in the Currie Cup ...
Mathematical interest only, one would suspect.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Ragin'. Another PR disaster from UR. I looked at the match promo and turned up expecting to see yer boy out of "Enter the Dragon" playing.Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.