Dan McFarland

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Columbo
Squire

Re: Dan McFarland

Post by Columbo »

Kanbei, that is a brilliant post, thanks.

Great question from the floor re NZ and the importance of transition - something we got right intermittently last year, but possibly mostly due to Charles being brilliant.

Also glad that he has presumably had an early occasion to have a chat with Marcel about clearing rucks.. I have 2 main concerns about him (leaving aside the knees) firstly he is prone to lead with the forearm when he’s carrying, which is a red card risk these days, and second he is prone to launch himself at rucks without binding. I think the problem is this is what he was used to doing back before he was injured, and back then dangerous clear outs weren’t whistled as much. So in a way it was good that this was flagged in a meaningless friendly, because if we have him back and firing, the last thing we need is for him to be copping cards left right and centre...
..one more thing
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Great post Kanbei
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Ethel
Novice

Post by Ethel »

Fond of toasted tea cakes and black tea with lemon.
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ethel wrote:Fond of toasted tea cakes and black tea with lemon.
Great news Ethel. I assume Kiss was a "milky coffee & donut" type of a donut & Terry never drank anything but water, holier than tap?

Thanks for the update Kanbei. :thumleft:

I hear there is a wee bounce in most steps around Ravenhill at the minute - FFFS don't let Rea near the place.

Shame the war chest is empty with just a well-seasoned conker, a well-worn half a crown with the monarch's bake almost smoothed away & a silver thrupenny bit rattling around in it, though rumour had it there was also a 1968 photo of Bobby Charlton and a half-eaten penny chew with a with a sixpence embedded in it.

Hard times at Ravenhill, but hope abounds. That'll do .............. but LOOK no moving on, right?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

cheers for that Kanbei, really enjoyed the detail. :thumleft:

fairly positive about Dan, Soper and JP. there's a necessary change in coaching attitude at the very least.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Ethel wrote:Fond of toasted tea cakes and black tea with lemon.
Great news Ethel. I assume Kiss was a "milky coffee & donut" type of a donut & Terry never drank anything but water, holier than tap?

Thanks for the update Kanbei. :thumleft:

I hear there is a wee bounce in most steps around Ravenhill at the minute - FFFS don't let Rea near the place.

Shame the war chest is empty with just a well-seasoned conker, a well-worn half a crown with the monarch's bake almost smoothed away & a silver thrupenny bit rattling around in it, though rumour had it there was also a 1968 photo of Bobby Charlton and a half-eaten penny chew with a with a sixpence embedded in it.

Hard times at Ravenhill, but hope abounds. That'll do .............. but LOOK no moving on, right?
ah yes, the war chest, still cant find it at Ravers, Logan may have buried it with his dead
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

If Logan would steal another mans wife and have no loyalty to his own maybe we should enquire as to where the war chest has gone.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Has Logan’s gardening leave ended?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cheers Kanbie, sounds a pretty decent meeting then with a bit of straight talking.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

http://www.the42.ie/dan-mcfarland-ulste ... 7-Aug2018/

Check out the Esportif folder under his arm :lol:

BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hopefully just a freebie notepad and not a coaching manual.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

List of injured players Ryan wants him to sign

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

Don’t underestimate the role that Soper will have in the evolution of younger squad players this season.
McFarland said “The role Dan does is close to my heart in terms of personal development - developing individual relationships with players to bring them through, which is something that going forward for Ulster is crucial”.
When asked about using young players at the end of the Q&A session, McFarland said that it is very much a balance between developing the individual and the performance of the team.
“The young guys coming through are more resilient than you think. They can go out there and not have a good day but they’ll come back here and you’ll be able to say .. but look what you showed over here. You still have the building blocks in different areas.”
Better support systems and bigger Work Ethic on the pitch.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Thank you Mrs Soper.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Dave wrote:Hopefully just a freebie notepad and not a coaching manual.
Its full of information on how to "effect" the tackle and break the game into "stanzas"...