the hockey

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: the hockey

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Is this not devaluing the tournament, I mean Ireland are shyte at sport, never win anything, they define "the gallant British lad" even more than gallant British lads?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
UlsterAddict
Novice

Post by UlsterAddict »

I liked the Irish coaches comment in the post match interview. Said they had been asking the Dutch for a match for the last 3 years, but the Dutch refused (the Irish not deemed good enough). Coach- ‘If the Durch win their semi later, they won’t have a choice tomorrow!!’
armalig
Novice

Post by armalig »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Is this not devaluing the tournament, I mean Ireland are shyte at sport, never win anything, they define "the gallant British lad" even more than gallant British lads?
Ah dear El toro Baggy .. can’t u just be a little bit pleased for a group of amateur under dogs doing the business in the green shirts . Shows u what a collective group of determination and belief can do for a squad ... it wud be one of the biggest sporting upsets and achievements of Irish sporting history If they cud overturn the (likely) Dutch tomorrow ... they are in my eyes already treading that historic pathway ...COME ON IRELAND
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote:Another step towards glory for the Irish weemin! They're saying that this is the first time any Irish team has reached the final of a world competition.
Well they're wrong. Ireland won the Snooker World Cup on 3 consecutive occasions 1985-87
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
armalig
Novice

Post by armalig »

big mervyn wrote:
solidarity wrote:Another step towards glory for the Irish weemin! They're saying that this is the first time any Irish team has reached the final of a world competition.
Well they're wrong. Ireland won the Snooker World Cup on 3 consecutive occasions 1985-87
Now that “sport” is a load of balls :lol:
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

armalig wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Not quite so many balls, but Ireland have at least 4 times reached the final of the Men's Golf World Cup, winning twice and being runners-up twice.

Well done to Ireland anyway.

>appl >appl >appl
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
armalig wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Not quite so many balls, but Ireland have at least 4 times reached the final of the Men's Golf World Cup, winning twice and being runners-up twice.

Well done to Ireland anyway.

>appl >appl >appl
Maybe they mean "real sports" where you have to perspire a bit … although, to be fair, playing on the same team as Alec Higgins would bring plenty of people out in a sweat :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

armalig wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Is this not devaluing the tournament, I mean Ireland are shyte at sport, never win anything, they define "the gallant British lad" even more than gallant British lads?
Ah dear El toro Baggy .. can’t u just be a little bit pleased for a group of amateur under dogs doing the business in the green shirts . Shows u what a collective group of determination and belief can do for a squad ... it wud be one of the biggest sporting upsets and achievements of Irish sporting history If they cud overturn the (likely) Dutch tomorrow ... they are in my eyes already treading that historic pathway ...COME ON IRELAND
Just asking Lig, genuine question, given I assume whoever they face will be huge favourites and the final is likely to be a gimme.

I've no interest whatsoever, have more or less lost any interest in international sports thanks to the FIRFUCs, but for them personally, I suppose I wouldn't be upset if they won. I'm pleased for any individual or group who perform above themselves.

I justed can't get excited with anything in green these days, indeed I find it hard not to wish for a bloody good hiding for teams involving anyone from the Greater Dublin Area a.k.a the vicious tweeting harridan dominated Banana Republic of Fu'cking Ireland. And not an ounce of sectarianism in that, just ongoing disgust since the Bank of Fu'cking Ireland sacked Paddy & Stu and the FIRFUCs sold them out for a few euros to Connacht from said bankofbastards and not one teammate spoke out, no concerted action such as the Lionels have done in the past. Nada. I'm through with PaddyBastards, but not Paddy Jackson.

Just makes me sick and very anti-green. So damn all to do with these doubtlessly fragrant ladies, I'd like to wish them well, I just can't because they play for Fuc'king Ireland.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote:

They must never have heard of rowing either.

Anyway hockey is a load of old w-nk. I'd rather ram a hockey stick up my own hole than sit through a match. Still though fair play to them. They've exceeded all expectations. Even in their wildest dreams they probably didn't think they'd get anywhere near the final.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote: I've no interest whatsoever, have more or less lost any interest in international sports thanks to the FIRFUCs, but for them personally, I suppose I wouldn't be upset if they won. I'm pleased for any individual or group who perform above themselves.

I justed can't get excited with anything in green these days, indeed I find it hard not to wish for a bloody good hiding for teams involving anyone from the Greater Dublin Area a.k.a the vicious tweeting harridan dominated Banana Republic of Fu'cking Ireland. And not an ounce of sectarianism in that, just ongoing disgust since the Bank of Fu'cking Ireland sacked Paddy & Stu and the FIRFUCs sold them out for a few euros to Connacht from said bankofbastards and not one teammate spoke out, no concerted action such as the Lionels have done in the past. Nada. I'm through with PaddyBastards, but not Paddy Jackson.

Just makes me sick and very anti-green. So damn all to do with these doubtlessly fragrant ladies, I'd like to wish them well, I just can't because they play for Fuc'king Ireland.
You could do with some new material Baggy. You can be entertaining but yer wasting yer talent on this tired routine......just saying like.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

big mervyn wrote: Maybe they mean "real sports" where you have to perspire a bit … although, to be fair, playing on the same team as Alec Higgins would bring plenty of people out in a sweat :lol:
Ever play snooker with a hangover Mervyn? Tis tough going.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: I've no interest whatsoever, have more or less lost any interest in international sports thanks to the FIRFUCs, but for them personally, I suppose I wouldn't be upset if they won. I'm pleased for any individual or group who perform above themselves.

You could do with some new material Baggy. You can be entertaining but yer wasting yer talent on this tired routine......just saying like.
Bullshit, the new Connacht money from the BankofBastards was the payoff, that is this weeks news. Meanwhile not one of the vile bitches on Twitter who libelled Peter Jackson, has the slightest interest in the fallout, mouthy bitches, the bitches who scared the living bejaysus out of the Bank of Fu'cking Ireland to insist on the sackings and end my interest in Ireland's rugby team.

Cold day in hell before I move on Bogman.
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Imagine if Baggytrousers was in charge of the IRFU! >happyparty >elvis >6shooter >minigun >flog >TM >sniper >skull >skull >skull >skull
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Where do most of the players hail from
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ireland
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?