Billy Burns

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

GUBU
Novice

Re: Billy Burns

Post by GUBU »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
GUBU wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:I wonder what will happen if King Billy does a Cooney and becomes a bit of a legend in just a few games ...

Will anyone consider moving on then?
If I could be bothered, I'd be wondering what Little Joey Carberry was making of all of this.

All Little Joey wanted in life was to be the next Rob Kearney. Then Joe and David came along and told him that they wanted him to be the one thing Little Joey didn't want to be - the next Ian Madigan. Little Joey took his time agreeing – and didn’t want to do it at all if it meant moving to Belfast - but eventually signed on the dotted line and obediently trotted off to Munster to ready himself for his supporting role in next year’s World Cup.

Now Joe and David appear to have conjured an Irishman out of thin air, who might just provide a better option come next year, if Little Joey doesn’t pull his finger out.

Little Joey must be feeling a little bit confused and used this morning.
All well and good, but...

...who gives a sh*t?
I do, obviously.

Not so much about Joey’s feelings this morning, more about the fact that, unlike Joey, I think we have emerged from this whole business in a reasonably decent position.

We’re not facing the prospect of spending a season watching him learn on the job, and we’ve not agreed to mop up Munster’s mediocre out half overspill. We’ve also been spared the arrival of a big name player with a big price tag but a declining reputation.

Instead, we appear to have signed a player who has solid experience but who also has something to prove, and something to gain if he proves it.

Not the outcome many of us wanted a few weeks ago, but not one of the outcomes we’ve dreaded, either.
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

If our team somehow clicks or we produce some freak performances in europe, I don't think our pool is as tough as it seems

I'm not expecting much but we've beaten both Scarlets and Leicester in the past few seasons so if (and it's a big if) things come together I think we should be optimistic. Scarlets are losing their best players (Barclay, Williams, Bierne) so are probably going to have a bit of transitional season as well, and every year the English sides are getting worse and worse IMO. Racing we could take at home too
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

To put it simply. Billy Burns is a fantastic signing for us. Young and plenty of talent. Welcome to Ulster Billy. May you get an Irish cap and may your stay with us be happy successful and long.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Best backline in the EU.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:Best backline in the EU.
:lol:

Outstanding.

Billy Burns - Good name. I feel a bit sorry for the poor fecker as he will never be Paddy so is onto a loser from the outset.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Shan wrote:

Outstanding.

Billy Burns - Good name. I feel a bit sorry for the poor fecker as he will never be Paddy so is onto a loser from the outset.
He’ll be fine, he’s not Keatley or Carberry or any of the other gash you have down there in Langerville.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:

Outstanding.

Billy Burns - Good name. .
Font selection is crucial.

Burns tends to read as bums but most of us are as gay as the next man, so who cares.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

was that card attached to
somebody's flowers ?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Cooney had bigger boots to fill than Burns. If he gets his Shyte together and plays with similar passion and learns... He could (stress could /potential) be a cracker signing.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Don't know him, but I know his Uncle Pete.

We are, we are, we are the Billy Burns.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I can’t imagine our Band striking up that little ditty. Windsor Park is the home of bigotry, we’ll leave them to sing the praises of a bigoted Glasgow thug.
Popcorn in the microwave...
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Clearly regarded very highly both as a rugby player and a person. Look at the comments on Gloucester Live. We are getting a good'un.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Cracker wrote:Clearly regarded very highly both as a rugby player and a person. Look at the comments on Gloucester Live. We are getting a good'un.
was noticing this. Also noticed a load of comments on twitter from non-Gloucester fans talking about it as a 'loss to England' etc.. Might be a bit OTT, but still might prove a great piece of business. I must confess I haven't seen a lot of him playing.
..one more thing
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We are brill.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I thought about moving ... then I caught myself on!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"