FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

Post by solidarity »

Hockey on ice??? Now that is friendship. On the other hand, I'm getting the feeling that I'm talking to a stranger. What have you done with Baggy, you swine? Kidnapped, murdered in his bed? I thought something was wrong when the :flower: appeared, but watching that iced crepe? Mr Trousers would never waste the breath. Admit it, sir, you are a fraud, an imposter, a charlatan.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Solids, I've been too angry for too long, having now emigrated I am not quite as angry as a rule as when living in this shitehole - albeit I'm back briefly. Besides, I've discovered the joys of being nice, :flower: just as long as the new kids don't make me overly cranky, I haven't forgotten how to insult a chap you know. :D

Anyway, it may have been Jesus who said: Peace and love, peace and love,............ but it may also have been that shithead, oops, Ringo Starr.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Shan wrote:Jaysus Bazza, we thought Neymar's antics were bad, and they were, but he has nothing on the Colombians. Rarely have I seen such a load of playacting and gowlacting. However they got their equalizer and on we go to extra time. Neither team are any good really. Both contain about 2 or maybe 3 players that are of a higher than just decent standard. However there is a game to be won.
My feelings Shan.
Sorry Dave glad England won!
Couldn't support those cheating fecks if you paid me.
Pleased for the keeper Pickford who obviously is an avid uafc board reader when I highlighted his tendency to lead with the wrong hand he obviously took my advice.
I should charge.

Sweden will be made for England.
They can hardly hit a barn door but defensively sound so be braced for another shoot out as I don't think they will be giving much away in terms of free penalties and they will mark Kane out of the game as he is their only likely scorer.
Bovril on standby.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

England v Sweden -- a borefest in the making --- at least the Colombians kept the interest up -- wondering when the ref was going to -- hand out a FO card
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

It's coming home

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

rumncoke wrote:England v Sweden -- a borefest in the making --- at least the Colombians kept the interest up -- wondering when the ref was going to -- hand out a FO card
The only thing as disgracefulas the Columbians histrionics was the ref and officials failure to deal with them.

The only person who kept his head was Kane who seems a great antithesis of the previous English show ponies.
Very level headed, likeable young lad who was superb last night and I like to see do well.
Sometimes it's not all about the money and individualism as they kicked him to oblivion and facing of all that provocation he never batted an eye.
A proper sportsman and gentleman kids can look up to and I'm afraid it's one of these :salut: from me and I dont dish them out often.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Liz Fraser wrote:
rumncoke wrote:England v Sweden -- a borefest in the making --- at least the Colombians kept the interest up -- wondering when the ref was going to -- hand out a FO card
The only thing as disgracefulas the Columbians histrionics was the ref and officials failure to deal with them.

The only person who kept his head was Kane who seems a great antithesis of the previous English show ponies.
Very level headed, likeable young lad who was superb last night and I like to see do well.
Sometimes it's not all about the money and individualism as they kicked him to oblivion and facing of all that provocation he never batted an eye.
A proper sportsman and gentleman kids can look up to and I'm afraid it's one of these :salut: from me and I dont dish them out often.
England had no link man in midfield for the last 30 minutes
Then they sat as deep as a bucket of kfc after ray has been at it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Having been overseas for a few years I've lost touch with the English side and half these young lads I've never heard of but they seem to really work well as a team - albeit limited in terms of technical ability and certainly limited in terms of creativity. But they seem level-headed, quietly confident and hard working so it's hard not to admire what Southgate and Kane as captain have done.

It's knock out football and it's a bit of a lottery from now on in. Not much between this English side and Sweden or Croatia so certainly England have a chance but I think not having that midfield Maestro like a Modric or Hazaard will probably come back to bite. Been a very entertaining tournament so far and I wouldn't rule Russia out of another win or two either.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Sure England have Sterling
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Sterling Linguard and Ali come in for a lot of stick with a degree of justification.
However they pressed and harried as a unit with Kane and never gave the Columbians a chance to settle.
When Dyer came on they lost that impetus and as Russ says they dropped deep.
Southgate will be very pleased with them as they carrying out that high press.
He knows it's not just about the fancy stuff.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Was there not a translator available to interpret Pickford's post match interview?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Football is one of those games you have the opportunity to win provided you can defend and play keep ball in the middle of the park and hope the opposition make a mistake .

I can’t see Sweden v England as being the most exciting game both play the type of keep ball game with 10 players between ball and goal shuffling across the pitch .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Liz Fraser wrote:
Shan wrote:Jaysus Bazza, we thought Neymar's antics were bad, and they were, but he has nothing on the Colombians. Rarely have I seen such a load of playacting and gowlacting. However they got their equalizer and on we go to extra time. Neither team are any good really. Both contain about 2 or maybe 3 players that are of a higher than just decent standard. However there is a game to be won.
My feelings Shan.
Sorry Dave glad England won!
Couldn't support those cheating fecks if you paid me.
Pleased for the keeper Pickford who obviously is an avid uafc board reader when I highlighted his tendency to lead with the wrong hand he obviously took my advice.
I should charge.

Sweden will be made for England.
They can hardly hit a barn door but defensively sound so be braced for another shoot out as I don't think they will be giving much away in terms of free penalties and they will mark Kane out of the game as he is their only likely scorer.
Bovril on standby.
Stones kicked Falcao in the head, Linguard pulled back Carlos Sanchez and studded him, two dives in the box, Henderson playacting after the "headbutt" etc..

Columbia were worse but England were still pretty dirty.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

I don't actually mind the odd kick here and there as I'm a bit old school.
But the way the Columbians set about the officials I have no time for and was indefensible.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:Sure England have Sterling ImageImage
So do you until such time as a United Ireland happens. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.