Terry Shame Slogan - my part in his downfall

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Terry Shame Slogan - my part in his downfall

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Before I start, I think anyone wondering about the title should take it only as literally as Spike Milligan's autobiographical, "Adolf Hitler, my part in his downfall".

Like me, Spike occasionally had the delusion that he was funny, equally occasionally someone would agree with him. Anyway, I digress, to work.

Many people have brought about this shyster's removal, from those who have posted on various media, social and otherwise, to the man who called it correctly on day one, our blessed brother Kofi Annan. The persistent Cockers has long made it his business to tell anyone who would listen, and many who tried not to, that Slogan was and remains a charlatan.

My own part has been to simply tell people here and anywhere I have travelled that Terry is a lying fu'cktard who is entirely estranged from the truth. I may have been louder and more persistent than some, but that is the extent of my claim, I believe all who have been loud and outspoken have meant the charade had to end.

If you tell the truth, you don't need a good memory, it will come to you naturally. I suspect that Terry's year of silence is largely down to the fact that he could not trust himself (any more than we can) to remember his full and varied collection of lies, that would test any man's memory.

So we have another couple of months waiting to see just to what extent this turd's record is polished. Already we have the spin that he rebuilt Ravenhill, almost singlehandedly, presumably through the power of prayer. Let nobody forget that the New Stand, as distinct from the "new" new stands was opened in 2009 before Terry was a glimmer in the eye of the chubes who recruited him.

Not a mention either of the company who project-managed the entire rebuild on the orders of the funding body & Gilbert Ash, all very little to do with Terry, but it is Terry's legacy apparently. As indeed is the fact that Ulster could repay their debts, whereas in that regard the ability to do so came not through any particular perspicacity from Terry, but sheer good fortune given it was because of the entirely unbudgeted and therefore unplanned level of attendance after the rebuild. If I recall what I was told correctly, the budgeted attendance was 12500, it may have been less. What happened was that it was upwards of 15500 for most of the 4 seasons since opened after the rebuild.

Hmmmmm, simple maths, let's say 14 matches by 4 seasons by extra 3000 @ say £25 per ticket - boys oh, that's £4.2 million over and above what the budgets included. Terry's part in that? Well, that's complicated, to work that out you need to work out the square root of fu'ck all & multiply it by a factor of zero. Answers on a postcard. >EW

So, on slightly more prosaic matters, Terry has lied that Ravenhill is "the envy of European Rugby", really Tel? Built on a budget of 13% of the funding available to the 3 sports, in most parts of the stadium, it looks exactly that, highly functional, far from pretty, though doubtless there will be devotees of the breezeblock and pretty aluminium air ducts reading this with something close to incredulity. Well designed to be functional certainly, world class? Hmmmmm.

Was Ulster Rugby the home of the only mass supported professional team in Norn Iron, only worth 13% compared to Football & GAA? Certainly in terms of attendances GAA is the major spectator sport on the island, but football? How many watch professional fitba in NI?

The one bit of credit I'll give Terry is that in our meagre bid, UR gave very little cause for a delay in the decision, even by NI politicians, though I remember flat-earther Nelson McCausland having no interest in getting on with things and wanting all three to progress at the same time, and far more interested that the Museum would house material that espoused "creation" as something worthy.

So, the money to repay the FIRFU debt? Sheer good fortune that a "new breed of fan" bought into it, entirely unplanned, the UR thought they would be playing to a stadium about two thirds full so they could house the odd bumper crowd for big events

The stadium rebuild, yes he was there when it happened, but his part in it? I'm sure not entirely negligible but not overly significant barring a few photies in high viz & helmet.

Legacy? Terry's legacy is that he is a fu'cking liar who made more poor decisions than good. I think it's fair to say that he will leave with very few people queueing to pat him on the back & much celebration. Those of us with big mouths who have gurned and bitched about the liar for several years can take great satisfaction that it was not in vain.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Terry Shame Slogan - my part in his downfall

Post by rumncoke »

For my part , I claim no part in his downfall from the start I recognised the post he held was a figure head delegator role With little real influence on what happen on the pitch .

In the end he was basically the one responsible for his own downfall .

Because of his inability to act positively when necessary - failure to guard the players from outside forces - he sacrificed them on the alter of his own interests and self righteousness .

sometimes you have stand up and be counted -- publicly -- not hiding behind alleged phone calls you must be willing to make waves -- he wasn't .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ron'n, I'm not sure about your ability to comprehend the written word, I tried hard to make clear that this dismissal is a collective triumph for the Ulster supporters, the title just a hook like a quality guitar riff. Do you really think that the FIRFU were considering dumping him? He was ok in terms of sponsorship and revenue, and do they genuinely give a flying fu'ck about whether Ulster does well or not as long as there are a few players for Herr Schmidt?

It was his own stupidity in alienating the bulk of noisy supporters that sealed his fate. Well that and the slow ST sales and the fact that the FIRFU almost shitabrick when they saw the crowd for the Ospreys game. I'm told they were shaken to the core by the lowest crowd at Ravenhill in a decade.

Those who stayed away fired the gun that killed Terry. One man in Comber can feel his life's work vindicated. >EW G'wan Tommy.

But LOOK, he's soon to be gassed but my thoughts are summed up in the wise words of Daniel Smith:

And the walls kept tumbling down
In the city that we love
Grey clouds roll over the hills
Bringing darkness from above
But if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like
Nothing changed at all?
And if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like
You've been here before?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It's good to hear that, Baggy. There were many sanctimonious dickstains that scoffed at the idea of boycotting the game. How utterly and completely dumb do those 'get behind the team' retards look now.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Just hope the phrase history is written by the victors applies, and the truth about this stain on UR's history is clear for all to see.

Given how few clubs he actually visited in his time I would love to know what he actually did with his time, that added value to UR.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I claim knowledge of him not being in 2 of the jobs described as those who were in those actual positions at the time are personal friends, always remember NI is the biggest village in the world.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

So he’s supposed to have been on notice for months, a bit like the chap at Exeter FC. Except that Logan deserved it.

Someone out there in D4 is clearly listening to you Baggy.
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

So only 7,014 turned up on a pleasant day to see if Ulster could qualify for the Nigel Wray Anglo-French Perpetual Trophy.

That speaks volumes. Under any other circumstances the Hill would have been packed.
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

We boycotted the game as it was the only option available. Every other suggestion wash Shyte.
The Boycott helped get rid of Colonel Blimp..
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Should have written a strongly worded letter...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

We did. Stalin burned it
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy

Why did the supporters stay away

Because he Logan failed to
Protect his players .

As you point out D4 couldn’t have cared less about his erroneous CV as long as the cash kept coming and he kissed ass .

When he failed to protect the players publicly before any D4 announcements he lost the ability to communicate with the spectators because he couldn’t defend the indefensible his lack of making waves and taking action .

Thus I had no part in his down fall
because due to a variety of circumstances I had not renewed my ST last year and had only attended a couple of games .

He stuck the knife in his own back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Dave wrote:It's good to hear that, Baggy. There were many sanctimonious dickstains that scoffed at the idea of boycotting the game. How utterly and completely dumb do those 'get behind the team' retards look now.

Is there any need for name calling? People are allowed to have their own opinions. We got the result, onwards and upwards.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

stickinout wrote:
Is there any need for name calling?
Yes
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

At the time, it seemed like I was the only one to boycott the Glasgow game. Logans Lemmings turned up in their droves. At the stage, I came to the conclusion Ulster fans get what they deserve and gave up.

New season ticket purchased and optimistic some sort of organisation can be put in place for next year.

Malone out
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND