New CEO - What do you want / who do you want?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

New CEO - What do you want / who do you want?

Post by UlsterNo9 »

New CEO - What do you want

1. A leader Churchill style - not a gormless soft spoken smiler
2. A rugby man, someone that understands the rugby family and ethos
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: New CEO - What do you want / who do you want?

Post by Snipe Watson »

Someone who runs the office in a manner that facilitates rather than interferes with the playing side of UR. Someone who shuns the limelight and just gets on with the job allowing the plaudits to come as and where deserved. Someone who knows his job and stays in his lane.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I have no comment to make on what type of CEO, the real question is who should not be involved in the process of selection, if the same people involved in the last selection are involved, they will get it wrong,
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Kofi Annan wrote:I have no comment to make on what type of CEO, the real question is who should not be involved in the process of selection, if the same people involved in the last selection are involved, they will get it wrong,
Hopefully someone reads something worth reading in this thread and makes a judgement accordingly.

If you weed through a lot of the shyte there is much sense talked here, I've no doubt some have listened.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

It must be a rugby man, nothing is more important. Wise words too from Snipe, when do you ever hear Mick Dawson holding court at Leinster, he's been there twice as long as Slogan & you seldom if ever hear a bloody word out of him.

Finally, I'm afraid Kofi is probably right, he usually is.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Churchill style?

We don't want a terrorist.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Snipe Watson wrote:Someone who runs the office in a manner that facilitates rather than interferes with the playing side of UR. Someone who shuns the limelight and just gets on with the job allowing the plaudits to come as and where deserved. Someone who knows his job and stays in his lane.
sounds about right.. I would add, someone who understands that it is possible to both work with professionalism as an employee of the IRFU, and to doggedly fight Ulster Rugby’s corner each and every day..
..one more thing
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Dave how PC can you get ? SOO "Petty Crappy "

Any to answer the question someone with more honesty than Logan -- someone with more integrity than Logan --- really nearly anybody other than Logan
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

rumncoke wrote:
Any to answer the question someone with more honesty than Logan -- someone with more integrity than Logan --- really nearly anybody other than Logan
The business acumen Trevor Brennan has gained running his own pub puts him ahead of Logan. At least Brennan can put it on his CV and it would not be a fabrication of the truth.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
rumncoke wrote:
The business acumen Trevor Brennan has gained running his own pub puts him ahead of Logan. At least Brennan can put it on his CV and it would not be a fabrication of the truth.
I would buy a ST just to get access to the first meeting between Brennan the CEO and HWM

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Dave how PC can you get ? SOO "Petty Crappy "

Dave is 100% correct, Churchill should have been shot as a traitor.

Against the background of miners dying in record numbers in South Wales, he sent in the troops in both 1910 & in 1911 against striking Railwaymen. Worse yet was his continued devastation in his five years as the resident of No11 Downing Street, when he made decision after decision to devastate the Rhondda, teaching Taffy a lesson for their rebellion requiring half the Met, the Bristol constabulary, the Lancashire Fusiliers & the Huzzars to be sent to Tonypandy.

And all because the miners were not overly keen on dying in record numbers whilst the owners made huge profits and, at their whim, ignored safety concerns.

So just fu'ck off Ron'n, there was nothing politically correct about Churchill as Home Secretary or Chancellor, just as there is nothing PC about Dave calling a cu'nt a cu'nt.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Although viewed with misty eyes by some Unionists even today, he was no friend of the union, and had a dim pov on Ireland as a whole. We were all "paddies" to him regardless of allegence and wouldve sold out either side for advantage. However his main achievement is indeed "considerable" even if slathered in luck and on the back of huge British Tommy sacrifice.
Like all huge historical figures of his ilk, he mixed sublime with the ugly and downright murderous.
Puts a Whatsapp group into perspective.
Exterminate all rational thought
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Dave how PC can you get ? SOO "Petty Crappy "

Dave is 100% correct, Churchill should have been shot as a traitor.

Against the background of miners dying in record numbers in South Wales, he sent in the troops in both 1910 & in 1911 against striking Railwaymen. Worse yet was his continued devastation in his five years as the resident of No11 Downing Street, when he made decision after decision to devastate the Rhondda, teaching Taffy a lesson for their rebellion requiring half the Met, the Bristol constabulary, the Lancashire Fusiliers & the Huzzars to be sent to Tonypandy.

And all because the miners were not overly keen on dying in record numbers whilst the owners made huge profits and, at their whim, ignored safety concerns.

So just fu'ck off Ron'n, there was nothing politically correct about Churchill as Home Secretary or Chancellor, just as there is nothing PC about Dave calling a cu'nt a cu'nt.
Thanks Baggy, your assessment is completely correct, and the exact reason why we need a Churchill.

A ruthless ladies front bum will do me!

No pandering to the FIRFU and no pandering to pre madonnas walking the corridors of Ravenhill.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The IRFU will have another yes man appointed.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy

You fail to recognise government by Cabinet in your statement

It also assumes that he wanted to do it and enjoyed doing it .

The evil that men do lives after them the good is interred with their bones

Thankfully I didn’t live at the time nor did I face the decisions that had to be made within the perceptions prevailing at that time hindsight is the solace of every self righteous person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist