Here's something waaaaay off topic.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Here's something waaaaay off topic.

Post by Cornerfleg »

Been to a few events and gigs lately ... and was pleasantly surprised to see they are trying to get with this cut down on plastic movement about the place.

You bought a recycled plastic pint glass and if you wanted another pint ... they topped it up.

Any sign of Ulster Rugby going the same way and cutting down on plastic for drinks at home games...

You can see the issue for HWM he'd have to buy about 25 recycled glasses just to get him to half time ... and Lord knows how many Wee Stu would need if he came back .. but for the rest of us mortals it's becoming a very worthwhile incentive.

>Off_Topic_Man ?????
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
WestDr
Novice

Re: Here's something waaaaay off topic.

Post by WestDr »

No reason not to. Already happening at Rodney Parade as I have my 'souvenir' Dragons plastic pint 'glass' from at least 2 visits. Also been in place at Edgbaston cricket ground for some years at both T20 Finals Day and Tests to prevent beer snakes. And well affordable if Somerset CC can do it too (cf Somerset v Glos last Friday). Although the Somerset 'glass' has a 2005 T20 winners group photo. UR would have to get organised to hand the £1 deposit back after the matches, but there's always plenty of staff in the bars post-match to do that. The savings they'd make on reducing litter-clearing would probably out-weigh any extra costs.

Perhaps UR could have a 1999 European Cup photoshot ? Or can you imagine if we'd had one with Paddy and Stu on and SLogan felt he had to recall/pulp them all.....
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Quins do it too. But as we are an amateur outfit with no strategies I think this will be beyond the ken of those in power

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

If we cant sell naming rights to the glasses Field Marshall Logan doesn't give a flying one what happens to the planet.

You'd think of the thousands of people he has met over the last few weeks at least one of them might bring it up.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

We are tackling this issue by reducing the crowds on a week by week basis.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

ColinM wrote:We are tackling this issue by reducing the crowds on a week by week basis.
:lol:

Bishop's Stortford Rugby Club do it too.

Personally, I'm one of those who can't be arsed getting the deposit back so, unless it's worth adding to my collection, I'll gladly cast my drinking vessel aside.

The fact that the deposit is then invariably retrieved by a young wee scamp who will no doubt proceed to spend it on booze, fags, football stickers or Haribo (or whatever young wee scamps spend their money on these days) leaves me with a warm glow inside.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Cornerfleg wrote:Been to a few events and gigs lately ... and was pleasantly surprised to see they are trying to get with this cut down on plastic movement about the place.

You bought a recycled plastic pint glass and if you wanted another pint ... they topped it up.

Any sign of Ulster Rugby going the same way and cutting down on plastic for drinks at home games...

You can see the issue for HWM he'd have to buy about 25 recycled glasses just to get him to half time ... and Lord knows how many Wee Stu would need if he came back .. but for the rest of us mortals it's becoming a very worthwhile incentive.

>Off_Topic_Man ?????
was discussed by commercial committee a year ago , they have set up a sub committee to examine it, they used Wasps as an example, sell over 10K cups a game, but 6-7 K left at the ground, i was a tad concerned at the "sold 10K" a game but i am sure that was not made up
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Off topic
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
GUBU
Novice

Post by GUBU »

nonplussed wrote:Quins do it too. But as we are an amateur outfit with no strategies I think this will be beyond the ken of those in power

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Don't Quins offer a discount on the price of your next pint if your choose to re-use the glass?

The idea of giving people a discount to moderate their behaviour would probably give some bean counting non-entity sleepless nights, though he might change his mind if he had to recycle the debris left by a night's consumption.

What will we demand next? Trained bar staff?
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

They would need glass washing facilities in the high volume bars. Not something that they have right now AFAIK.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Cornerfleg wrote:Been to a few events and gigs lately ... and was pleasantly surprised to see they are trying to get with this cut down on plastic movement about the place.

>Off_Topic_Man ?????
Twickenham did it for England v Ireland

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Jackie Brown wrote:

>Off_Topic_Man ?????
Twickenham did it for England v Ireland

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Twickers had it for years tbh

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

CEO will read this, get a lacky to introduce it and update CV. The day I saved planet earth.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tazz #15
Initiate

Post by Tazz #15 »

Cornerfleg wrote:If we cant sell naming rights to the glasses Field Marshall Logan doesn't give a flying one what happens to the planet.

You'd think of the thousands of people he has met over the last few weeks at least one of them might bring it up.
Never fear, Leicester Tigers’ reusable pint glasses are proudly sponsored by STIHL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Tazz #15 wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:If we cant sell naming rights to the glasses Field Marshall Logan doesn't give a flying one what happens to the planet.

Never fear, Leicester Tigers’ reusable pint glasses are proudly sponsored by STIHL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They make great leaf blowers.