Dan Soper

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Dan Soper

Post by Cockatrice »

Will our new Head Coach be having any say in these appointments... just curious because it bought Kiss another year being allowed to bring his own men in .. enough to save Slogan his job I would say.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

HammerTime wrote:Hadn't been to a Banbridge match in a few years but caught a few games this season and I couldn't believe the standard of rugby they were playing. Some of the handling was sublime. Soper himself just doesn't believe in kicking away possession unnecessarily and wants to run everything. I only made it as high as their 2nds when I was playing but some of my best friends were coached by him. Was speaking to one last night who rarely praises anything about anybody and he said he was a brilliant. Really takes a personal interest in players and made him believe in himself with confidence to get better and better.
A lot of club rugby is based on good ball handling skills but you do have to remember everything is at a slower pace so it is easier.
Anything I have heard about Soper though has been good and if Ulster can get a lot of those basics right then the side can only improve, a good acquisition in my view that won't have broken the bank and he is already familiar with a lot of players so will have an idea of their strengths and weaknesses.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Rooster wrote:A lot of club rugby is based on good ball handling skills but you do have to remember everything is at a slower pace so it is easier.
Aye, but sure our lot are as slow and predictable as a week in jail and still can't pass water!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:Will our new Head Coach be having any say in these appointments... just curious because it bought Kiss another year being allowed to bring his own men in .. enough to save Slogan his job I would say.
Cockers you and I both know Schmidt and Nucifuhrer have more say than anyone. No doubt Dan will have a say, but ultimately we do what we are told.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Sorry if I don’t get excited as well
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I've an erection
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Seems like a very good appointment to me.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

rocky wrote:Seems like a very good appointment to me.
Depends on how you view it really.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:Will our new Head Coach be having any say in these appointments... just curious because it bought Kiss another year being allowed to bring his own men in .. enough to save Slogan his job I would say.
Yes, Dan & Daniel met a while back to discuss & the cut of gibs was apparently mutually appreciated.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shame SloganIS A LYING CU'NT

Sorry to shout. :oops:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Quick Question

Malone last year was described as Analyst and Skills Coach ( not forgetting at one time also defence coach) so , he is no longer skills coach and why ? Was he so poor that he had to be replaced as skills coach by Soper on a part time contract , and instead on being thee Analyst, he now is promoted to SENIOR ANALYST ?

Or is he just a very versatile something .

Okay We want to recruit a world class player so the players asked the following:

(P)Who’s the head coach mate,
BC: ah well we don’t have one yet he has an issue with his former employer and won’t start for a while, he has never been Head Coach before but he is a good chap
P: Okay so who is his assistant?
BC: well , erm , okay lots of chaps all good chap, very good chaps, Peel would be in charge at the moment plays a bash it up the middle limited style of rugby and has a full years experience as an assistant coach
P; okay who else
BC; we have. Apart time school teacher, nice bloke, won a schools cup three years in a row, and before that a underachieving country school, played average rugby in NZ and player AIL
P: Schools cup ?
BC: yep lots of money available to have rich kids dream of stardom , wins a cup and never plays at decent level again, but still they like fish, personal development as a player is frowned upon.
P: who else
BC: Niall Malone, awesome at every thing, highest score on COD in the office
P: okay what about off field, Physio and S&C
BC: oh we sacked them, as an offering to the fans , but then we found out the fans did not care
P: okay so who is the big boss
BC , mmmmmm , mmmmmmm we are not sure , so many levels, no direct control, no one accountable and a CEO who is a Cnut and won’t leave

P; okay I have to go, I have Stuart Lancaster on the phone

It could be worse we could be Connacht, they now have Andy Friend
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kofi Annan wrote:Sorry if I don’t get excited as well
Apologising is a sign of weakness

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Kofi Annan wrote:Sorry if I don’t get excited as well
I'd be worried for you if you did. >EW
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Quick Question

Malone last year was described as Analyst and Skills Coach ( not forgetting at one time also defence coach) so , he is no longer skills coach and why ? Was he so poor that he had to be replaced as skills coach by Soper on a part time contract , and instead on being thee Analyst, he now is promoted to SENIOR ANALYST ?

Right luckily UR update their website around the same time of year we change our lineout calls and that hasn't occurred yet so:

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/team/managem ... xZeve4vxyw

Malone was Analyst and Skills Coach, and is now going to be HEAD Analyst. One assumes therefore he will be in charge of the Assistant Performance Analyst and the GPS Analyst. Any criticism or failing of our analysis function will henceforth be levelled at those two individuals and not at Mr Malone, its comforting to have a few layers isn't it?
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

ColinM wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:Quick Question

Right luckily UR update their website around the same time of year we change our lineout calls and that hasn't occurred yet so:

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/team/managem ... xZeve4vxyw

Malone was Analyst and Skills Coach, and is now going to be HEAD Analyst. One assumes therefore he will be in charge of the Assistant Performance Analyst and the GPS Analyst. Any criticism or failing of our analysis function will henceforth be levelled at those two individuals and not at Mr Malone, its comforting to have a few layers isn't it?
One assumes therefore he will be in charge of the Assistant Performance Analyst and the GPS Analyst

so who has that been for the past few years :scratch: