Biblical matters

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Re: Biblical matters

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Russ wrote:You can be pro life and pro choice

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I wonder what Gerry is
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
Russ wrote:You can be pro life and pro choice

I wonder what Gerry is
Was he campaigning?
He's pro ending life when he feels like it allegedly

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

It will be interesting to see what legislation they bring in place of the 8th amendment.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Rooster wrote:It will be interesting to see what legislation they bring in place of the 8th amendment.
Ah good man. The great unknown. However with only FF very publicly opposed I'm hopeful they don't renege on the proposals.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote: Was he campaigning?
He's pro ending life when he feels like it allegedly

He was never in the campaign but then again he was never in the Dáil either. Lots of things he was never in.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:
Rooster wrote:It will be interesting to see what legislation they bring in place of the 8th amendment.
Ah good man. The great unknown. However with only FF very publicly opposed I'm hopeful they don't renege on the proposals.
What were the proposals? Abortion due to danger to mother or child, child with life limiting abnormality, or just a free for all in that it doesn't suit my holiday plans, I wanted a girl and it looks like a boy or even it might be ginger and we don't like gingers ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
Shan wrote:
What were the proposals? Abortion due to danger to mother or child, child with life limiting abnormality, or just a free for all in that it doesn't suit my holiday plans, I wanted a girl and it looks like a boy or even it might be ginger and we don't like gingers ?
No abortions after 12 weeks unless risk to mother or knowing baby won't survive.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

The voting analysis indicated that about 10% of YES voters seemed to agree with the NO proposals and vice versa! Just goes to show some people shouldn't be allowed to vote but at least they appear to cancel each other out :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Shan wrote:
No abortions after 12 weeks unless risk to mother or knowing baby won't survive.
So basically anything goes up to 12 weeks then after that the dangers and fatal abnormalities?
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:So basically anything goes up to 12 weeks then after that the dangers and fatal abnormalities?
Something like that
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Shan wrote:
Trust women ...

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Rooster wrote:So basically anything goes up to 12 weeks then after that the dangers and fatal abnormalities?
More or less. They are talking about a 3 day waiting period to allow a woman to be certain she wants to go ahead. That sounds fair to me.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:
More or less. They are talking about a 3 day waiting period to allow a woman to be certain she wants to go ahead. That sounds fair to me.
Fair enough, I wouldn't always agree but it is their choice.
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Rooster wrote:Fair enough, I wouldn't always agree but it is their choice.
Yeah. I was a bit concerned that the 12 week thing might swing too many yes votes to the no side. Without it I suspect the yes vote would have gone over 70%. Thankfully many didn't allow it to make them vote in favour of continuing to deny proper medical care for the people who are at risk because of the 8th. My view is that anybody who can look on with disinterest while the Irish State locks pregnant women to a bed and forces her to put her health or life at risk needs to take a look at themselves, at best.

Bad law guarantees hard cases.