Ulster V Ospreys SDC Qualification

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster V Ospreys SDC Qualification

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote:
launish116 wrote:rumoured on twitter we're coachless tomorrow with our coach visiting La Rochelle...
Link?
http://tribunesports.net/top-14-la-roch ... son-eaton/

https://m.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/L ... f3703c6dc6
Ta
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I've boycotted France
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hard border
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

kingofthehill wrote:
launish116 wrote:rumoured on twitter we're coachless tomorrow with our coach visiting La Rochelle...
If he signs for La Rochelle then it says a lot about Gibbes as a person. He said he was going back to NZ for family reasons and according to Bryn ‘if we knew what it was, you could sympathise’ (something along those lines).

What does it say for Ulster as a club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let's be quite straight about this. He was actually crying in Bryn's office about his mother being terminally ill. If he's pulled an Afoa and is off to France, it sets an all time low and makes the Ansombe the racist :cowboy: seem strangely moral.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It could be that UR is that much of a mess that people will say anything to get out of their contracts.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:It could be that UR is that much of a mess that people will say anything to get out of their contracts.
That very thought crossed my mind too. I didn't want to go there, too painful.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

It depends how you read it.

When he announced he wasn't staying he said, that he wasn't able to give the sort of commitment required at Ulster due to family circumstances. The implication being that it takes a lot more commitment to raise a team from Basket Case status than it does to run a mid table T14 club and nudge them into top 6 success.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BR wrote:It depends how you read it.

When he announced he wasn't staying he said, that he wasn't able to give the sort of commitment required at Ulster due to family circumstances. The implication being that it takes a lot more commitment to raise a team from Basket Case status than it does to run a mid table T14 club and nudge them into top 6 success.
BR - the clear implication was that he was going back to NZ for family reasons and indeed took the job there. People could understand that and of course Bryn told us how emotional it was etc and that he was adamant that was why he was leaving.

Now for him to change his mind (if any truth in this) we could imagine there has been a change of circumstances back home for the better (hopefully) rather than the worse. However given that until 3 or 4 weeks ago ulster had not appointed a coach, he could have said that things had changed and he wanted it. After all, he told us about the fantastic group of players he was leaving behind, great potential etc.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 68573.html

Of course this may very well be wild speculation and i would be very surprised if there was any truth in it, but if there is, Bryn will look like a bit of a fool over this.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

If Gloucester is closer to NZ than Belfast, then I suppose La Rochelle is another wee bit closer.

Had he not signed up to a coaching job in NZ or did I imagine that?

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

ColinM wrote:If Gloucester is closer to NZ than Belfast, then I suppose La Rochelle is another wee bit closer.

Had he not signed up to a coaching job in NZ or did I imagine that?

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Back to Waikato, but that would presumably only have been a stop gap.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Bart S wrote:
BR - the clear implication was that he was going back to NZ for family reasons and indeed took the job there.
I realize that is what people believed - 'He is leaving Ulster and returning to NZ for family reasons.' However I read it as, 'He is leaving Ulster for family reasons and returning to NZ.'

To be honest, he did say he'd be going home for family reasons (didn't say he'd be staying, of course). But he also said, "The challenge ahead for Ulster demands the full attention of everyone involved; ... However, I cannot in good conscience provide my full attention for the journey ahead."

Maybe the ASR gig is just easier.

He didn't want the job, and that's all that really matters. If he wants the ASR job, his work/family priorities will be different.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Just had a look on the UR website at the ticketing situation for Sunday's game - at the moment, I would estimate that over half the seats remain unsold. Could be a lower turnout than for a pre season friendly.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

I see a team selected on sentiment in a less than half empty stadium. I won’t be there on a golfing holiday and I don’t care
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Boycott golfing holidays
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

The apathy I feel towards this game is incredible in itself. I literally couldn't give a fiddler's fu<k and that in itself is incredibly sad.

I didn't think I could feel more let down than I did after the treatment of Pienaar. The treatment of our two lads followed by the arrogance of the pr1ck in charge has knocked any sense of belonging out of me.

Feck it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999