Ulster Squad 2018/19

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Squad 2018/19

Post by pwrmoore »

rumncoke wrote: The problem is you need a player to monitor and advise them on the pitch both Henderson and Best are to involved to perform that role and with out Payne at 15 no other back appears to have the experience to do that job on the field with inexperienced backs .
Cave.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

My thought as well.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

At 13 he is not in the best place on the pitch to see the gaps or realise players are out of position .

It was one of Paynes greatest contributions on the pitch getting his wings in position in defence.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Go against the grain as usual - with Moore and Murphy along with a fit Coetzee, Deysel, Henry and the young bucks we will have an excellent squad. I would bring the young bucks on with Cooney and Carbury at half-back. Still think the IRFU and UR come out of this business very badly, Rugby used to be about the team, loyalty and togetherness. No Tv coverage will also effect the support. On the field we'll be fine.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

rumncoke wrote:At 13 he is not in the best place on the pitch to see the gaps or realise players are out of position .

Seldom you see such pure wisdom in one post ... I mean for all my life I have been watching the likes of O'Driscoll, Conrad Smith, Frank Bunce, John Dawes, Dani Gerber, Phillipe Sella, Umaga and now the likes of Jessie Kriel ... all complete myopic players who couldn't spot a break at the crucible ... and totally unable to see if anyone was out of position.

Enlighten me professor - what position on a rugby pitch do you have more time and is actually better at spotting gaps, mismatches and attacking zones than 13?????

Rum you've really upped your game today ... I'm at a loss for words of just HOW stupid that post was ... I mean ... normally with your stuff you can break it down into its component shades of shyte in minutes ... but that last bad boy ... where do you start ... omnipresent dung my friend. An Opus Magnus in pure bilge.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

rumncoke wrote:At 13 he is not in the best place on the pitch to see the gaps or realise players are out of position .

It was one of Paynes greatest contributions on the pitch getting his wings in position in defence.
13 is a hell of a better position to provide guidance than sitting scrathching his hole in the stands when by your own admission there's no one else availble to do it.
Paul.

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

pwrmoore wrote:

13 is a hell of a better position to provide guidance than sitting scrathching his hole in the stands when by your own admission there's no one else availble to do it.

I blame Gloria Estefan - sad to say the rhythm actually got him.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

And Cave has been keeping the whole backline right for years from 13.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Gary wrote:And Cave has been keeping the whole backline right for years from 13.
you know that, and I know that, but rum can't see it from his vantage point in Isoline St. :roll:
Paul.

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Gary wrote:And Cave has been keeping the whole backline right for years from 13.

Opinion about that is split amongst the rugby fraternity in Ulster Gary ... On one hand every sane supporter, his wife and kids all agree with you ... on the other side of the house is a very well prepared argument by a 3 week old Cherry Muffin from Café Harlem, a bouncer doing the double at Ollies, a very vocal strip of waxed paper with pubes on it and Rum.

The debate rages on.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Scrum half is dire. Fourth choice for Ireland and bugger all else.

Young Stewart over the other two please.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Jonny Murphy is back
To Connacht

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I remember when backrow and tight head were the major concerns. Now every other position is a major concern (apart from hooker).

* disclaimer - backrow and tight head may still be major concerns depending on injury etc.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

222toHounslow wrote:Scrum half is dire. Fourth choice for Ireland and bugger all else.

Young Stewart over the other two please.
And even Stewart isn't that great. Curtis the Younger is meant to be a good prospect and has already joined the academy by some reports, but boy oh boy it's slim pickings. Christ knows what they were thinking passing over O'Donnell when we really need as many punts to take as possible to get us out of this mess.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:

Opinion about that is split amongst the rugby fraternity in Ulster Gary ... On one hand every sane supporter, his wife and kids all agree with you ... on the other side of the house is a very well prepared argument by a 3 week old Cherry Muffin from Café Harlem, a bouncer doing the double at Ollies, a very vocal strip of waxed paper with pubes on it and Rum.

The debate rages on.
You forgot Peel, I reckon Cave must have clattered him in a match at some stage and he has not forgiven him
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best