The back row next season

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Re: The back row next season

Post by therealspratt »

justinr73 wrote:Wishful thinking on my part perhaps.

Still, I fully expect 2MP to smash it out of the park in pre-season.
Is Browne even going to be with Ulster next season? I thought we were doing a proper clearout of the Daves.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

How rude.

2MP has a year left on his contract.

Is rugby changing to 11 a side, with 3 on the bench next season?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Never thought I'd see Chad slip off tackles but this season it has become a recurring theme. He hasn't had a run of games which may help bring him up to pace but like Trimble I fear the legs have gone.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

justinr73 wrote:How rude.

2MP has a year left on his contract.

Is rugby changing to 11 a side, with 3 on the bench next season?
He's a Dave, I'd much rather give any gametime that might come his way to Regan or McCusker.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Murphy will make a huge difference.

Remember too that this time last year in a similar thread about back 3 not many would have been saying that not only would Stockdale cement his place as a starter at Ulster, but he would also be nailed on for Ireland and have notched up record try-scoring feat in the 6 nations.. And last years 20s, if Rea Jr had been fit, could possibly have featured 3 Ulster from 4 spots - it would be a very good time for one of those lads to have a bolt

This actually gives me a measure of hope for next year - I think our squad is a couple of seasons, and a few signings, away from being back in business, but things in rugby can turn around very quickly, think of the turnaround in Edinburgh since Cockerill came in, or Connacht under Lam etc etc

I’ve heard that the feeling among the players is that things in the camp are nowhere near as bad as it seems among fans, press etc.. they’re just keeping their heads down and going through their routines, hopefully a good summer hol and McFarland will be a tonic..
..one more thing