Dear Bryn

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Kanbei
Novice

Re: Dear Bryn

Post by Kanbei »

Cornerfleg wrote:He hasn't much choice ... huge gamble - but IMHO the only alternative we have.
I wouldn't even say it's a gamble. The guys leaving have hardly played this season anyway. If this really is the best crop of youngsters we have had in a long time then they need as much game time as possible.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Kanbei wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:He hasn't much choice ... huge gamble - but IMHO the only alternative we have.
I wouldn't even say it's a gamble. The guys leaving have hardly played this season anyway. If this really is the best crop of youngsters we have had in a long time then they need as much game time as possible.
Given a choice between an ambitious youngster on the way up or a senior guy on the decline, it's a nobrainer.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

If not mistaken it was this site that first reported the clear out of Daves many moons ago... good to see that not everything you read on here is shyte.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote:Totally agree eggs. We have Gilroy, Stockdale, Addison, Ludik and the very talented but easily broken Lyttle covering the back three. I suppose Carberry can play 15 too. We are losing 4 back three players without enough replacements. We are in really bad shape.
Maybe we could give Peter Nelson a run out at fullback? :lol:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote:Totally agree eggs. We have Gilroy, Stockdale, Addison, Ludik and the very talented but easily broken Lyttle covering the back three. I suppose Carberry can play 15 too. We are losing 4 back three players without enough replacements. We are in really bad shape.
Maybe we could give Peter Nelson a run out at fullback? Image
He's leaving
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

Snipe Watson wrote:Jared if he gets back to playing.
Sadly he won’t be back, Wrecked while playing for the British & Irish Lions so it doesn’t cost Ulster financially but massive loss in all other ways.
I’m feeling Perky this morning. :pig:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

TinPig wrote:
Sadly he won’t be back, Wrecked while playing for the British & Irish Lions so it doesn’t cost Ulster financially but massive loss in all other ways.
Did I miss this announcement?
Playing for the Lions increases the risk of migraines?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

It does Snipe ... it's all those Fecks you have to try and locate, morning noon and night ... searching and searching for a feck about playing for the Disney Parade. Does yer head in.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I think we’ll miss Sparky more than Diack.
That sort of a clear out usually follows a feed of Guinness and a Lamb Madras. Apart from the two enforced and Charles (who has a tribe to feed) the class of 2018 is mainly Daves and a few who’ve come to the end of their careers
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

The other positive is it shows they are doing what they said they would do- Bryn, Willie Anderson etc have all said the future is about bringing through the guys in the academy - they are certainly creating enough space for them.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
He's leaving
Hope reading it on this forum is not how he finds out.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
He's leaving
Hope reading it on this forum is not how he finds out.
As long as he finds out somehow.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Silverstu wrote:The other positive is it shows they are doing what they said they would do- Bryn, Willie Anderson etc have all said the future is about bringing through the guys in the academy - they are certainly creating enough space for them.
Agreed Stu. It's the best academy crop for a long time. I hope we invest in them and use next season as a means to rebuild.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Snipe Watson wrote:
TinPig wrote:
Did I miss this announcement?
Playing for the Lions increases the risk of migraines?
Payne definitely going...

(Apparently he has been very impressive as defence coach though)
..one more thing
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

was having a chat a couple of weeks ago with someone who I'd trust to have a bit of an insight, he was saying that Ulster manage their NIQs totally differently from Leinster / Munster - down there if anything NIQs are given extra work to do, more analysis, they're well paid to be flogged for 80 mins a game every weekend. Whereas at Ulster they're treated like superstars - I heard about NIQs getting contract extensions, and then not bothering their ar$e... "can't go to the gym today, my shoulders a bit sore", "ok no worries", that kind of thing - and then in 6 nations windows, when all the local boys (some of whom getting paid a pittance..) are knocking their melts in in the snow and stuff, the NIQs are quite often away in Spain on the beach...

Now a lot of that may simply be down to whatever coach we happen to have had at the time (this is probably all Anscombe/Kiss era) so hopefully McFarland will run a tighter ship. But I think it's also something that can be laid at the door of Logan (and maybe Bryn?), this concept of the marquee signing to get attention and put bums on seats - I personally believe that winning things gets bums on seats more dependably than having a s**t team with a couple of ex All Blacks or Springboks in it, that gets battered every week

Also heard that no harm to the Hond, it's a bit of a joke around the place - apparently he's already been bought out of 2 pro contracts, looks like Ulster might be the hat-trick :roll: seriously, whoever was involved with getting him in the door needs to have a long hard look at himself in the mirror
..one more thing