Mexico 17/18

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Re: Mexico 17/18

Post by for dog and ulcer »

31 9
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

38 9 after 61 mins.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Beirne try. 38 16. Final score.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Nacewa the cheat to retire from rugby this summer, Richardt Strauss will also retire.

Out-half Cathal Marsh and flanker Peadar Timmins have been released by Leinster.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Leinster are a great side in the making.
They have developed a slick well oiled machine from grass roots to professionalism.
Everyone knows their role in the set up and there is no one person that is treated of less important to their club.

The Saracens game felt like a handing over of the baton as European power houses in the same manner as Toulon had done previously to Saracens.
You get the impression that each of these sides have a 2-3 year success period of domininance then someone else steps in.

The big difference with Leinster is they haven't based thier side around signings but have been forced to prioritise a system that ensures a legacy through a conveyer belt of local talent.
Credence must go to the niqs policy the IRFU introduced.a few years ago which made some at the time, including myself to think that no Irish side would no longer be able to compete with French and English money clubs as a result of limited signings.
Wrong!

Leinster clearly play a lot of situational training as each player knows exactly what to do at any given time.
Other sides stick rigidly to their gameplan and whilst Leinster have a structure they react to everything in the same way as they are all on the same page.

Now they have a side littered with British Lions and grand slam winners it's only going to get better with training levels through the roof in terms of standard and competition for places.
Don't think there's a look of 3 years shelf life for this side but the only worry is Sexton's potential replacement.
No doubt they'll find one if anyone can.

Ulster can be grateful for Leinsters success too as we continue to receive their cast offs that we can't produce
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Liz
I think you are correct in what you say about Leinster but I can't see why Ulster cannot do the same in the next few years.
Just start developing the indigenous local talent that must be there.
The Jackson/Olding tragedy has played out. Everybody needs to learn from it and move on. Take our surplus talent in Leinster for a short term fix while you get the long term right.
The other essential is that the IRFU must put a first class coach in place for you now. Even if you only got two years out of it, somebody like Eddie O'Sullivan who is sufficiently ruthless would be a fix. Unfortunately any coach in a decent job at the moment is going to say you are a bit of a basket case and not touch it. O'Sullivan might be the man to overcome it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:Liz
I think you are correct in what you say about Leinster but I can't see why Ulster cannot do the same in the next few years.
Just start developing the indigenous local talent that must be there.
The Jackson/Olding tragedy has played out. Everybody needs to learn from it and move on. Take our surplus talent in Leinster for a short term fix while you get the long term right.
The other essential is that the IRFU must put a first class coach in place for you now. Even if you only got two years out of it, somebody like Eddie O'Sullivan who is sufficiently ruthless would be a fix. Unfortunately any coach in a decent job at the moment is going to say you are a bit of a basket case and not touch it. O'Sullivan might be the man to overcome it.
Be great if your lot didnt sack our "indigenous local talent" for consensual sex that your papers made a complete meal of and YOUR bank got on their high horse as they wanted to get out of their contract

FOD4

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

D4 I can tell you beyond dispute that Liz knows her rugby.

Your post is grand in most respects but what you don't allude to is Leinster's trump card. Young lads at many schools are benefitting from be coached by decent professional coaches. Some in Ulster do also but not in the same numbers and importantly there is a disconnect between UR, Clubs and Schools. It needs someone with foresight to join the dots and our academy is doing much better but starting from a long way back and none of it can have a quick fix.

I've no problem with unwanted Mexicans. Nick Timoney has been outstanding in a very tricky season and I see him only getting better. He did come through our academy rather than yours, so too O'Connor and there are other lads.

I will welcome Marty Moore and Nordi Murphy with a heart and a half. I do wonder is Nordi thing "what have I done?" for he is playing really well right now.

Looks like another is one the way and despite some of the guff here, they too will be much needed.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

I wonder how BOD would classify a team beaten by 47-10 by Connacht and who could potentially only finish 5 pts behind a basket case team ?
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

What happened to the strength in depth?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

for dog and ulcer wrote:What happened to the strength in depth?
We’re sending them Lowry and 2MP in the summer.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:D4 I can tell you beyond dispute that Liz knows her rugby.

Your post is grand in most respects but what you don't allude to is Leinster's trump card. Young lads at many schools are benefitting from be coached by decent professional coaches. Some in Ulster do also but not in the same numbers and importantly there is a disconnect between UR, Clubs and Schools. It needs someone with foresight to join the dots and our academy is doing much better but starting from a long way back and none of it can have a quick fix.

I've no problem with unwanted Mexicans. Nick Timoney has been outstanding in a very tricky season and I see him only getting better. He did come through our academy rather than yours, so too O'Connor and there are other lads.

I will welcome Marty Moore and Nordi Murphy with a heart and a half. I do wonder is Nordi thing "what have I done?" for he is playing really well right now.

Looks like another is one the way and despite some of the guff here, they too will be much needed.
Agree about Nordie Murphy - he is in grand form. But Marty Moore can't get a start at Wasps and is worse than when le left Ireland. I now regard him as Marty Less. Surely we can do better.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Spiffsson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:D4 I can tell you beyond dispute that Liz knows her rugby.

Agree about Nordie Murphy - he is in grand form. But Marty Moore can't get a start at Wasps and is worse than when le left Ireland. I now regard him as Marty Less. Surely we can do better.
I think we have better than Moore as it is, going to be some fight at grub time between him and Rodders though, wonder will it be included in the season ticket package?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

justinr73 wrote:
Feck I'd have took 2MP over Treadwell tonight.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

damianmcr wrote:
justinr73 wrote:
Feck I'd have took 2MP over Treadwell tonight.
I’d have done so for the last 2 years!