PLAYERS NOT HAPPY

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

PLAYERS NOT HAPPY

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ladies & Gentlemen, with all the chuntering going on around here, the pros & cons of attending, the "we'll support you never more", I think that what has been largely forgotten are the remaining players, you know the ones we shout for and stand up for.

#whataboutthem

A thought came to me yesterday when I saw Rob Herring. The thought was, "Oi Red, that is Rory Best's job". So now, why would you think that Rory didn't deliver the message given he is the Club Captain, never mind that he is also a friend to the lads?

I am about to deliver "another one of those", to wit: I can't say what or who, but I can say that I very much doubt things are being dealt with as the message given might allow you to think.

I also l know as of last weekend that Rory's biggest fear is the bond between fans and team must not be broken.

So with that in mind, I intend to make my own little demonstration on Saturday - for media purposes you will find me behind the posts in the Memorial Stand not far from the front - but that apart I shall be standing up for the Ulstermen, not Logan, not his buddies, not the Bank of Ireland, BT, Vodaphone or Kingspan, I shall be standing up for the players who have lost their mates and are as hurt as any one of us loudmouths. Fu'ck the rest of it, I'm supporting the team, the rest of you do what you like.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
mea97mb
Squire

Re: PLAYERS NOT HAPPY

Post by mea97mb »

>appl These are my thoughts as well. I feel torn but really want to support the guys left behind.

I also thought Herring looked so uncomfortable in delivering the message and was wondering about Best and why he hadn't delivered it. I think its not right if Rory has dropped Herring in it because he didn't want to deliver the message. I wonder did the IRFU insist their captain was not to publicly show any further support to the lads after the vitriol he endured last time?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

I know Baggy you have your reasons for attending. I have decided in the absence of any protests outside Ravenhill to go to the Co Down rugby world cup final where the bond between players and spectators will not be in doubt.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

#notmycaptain
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

I feel it in my water that there is more to that player statement yesterday than meets the eye and the remaining players need backing on this, Rory not speaking is a red herring so to speak.
I am watching and listening as I really do think something is going on we don't know about yet.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ColinM wrote:I know Baggy you have your reasons for attending. I have decided in the absence of any protests outside Ravenhill to go to the Co Down rugby world cup final where the bond between players and spectators will not be in doubt.

Cheers Colin, but my comments are about more than my own position. Nothing will change the lads' sackings, not the players shouting from the rooftops, not a protest outside the ground, not you or I staying away, even in perpetuity.

I cannot say more other than that 100% I trust Rory Best to do the right thing. I believe you can take his absence from the announcement as his absolute distaste for the decision, Rob Herring will have taken the job, if not willingly then dutifully. I will trust Rory and the other senior players to play this right, albeit there will be nothing dramatic, no big song and dance. The first action has already been taken.

As fans I think the road I would recommend is supporting the team and undermine that weasel in a suit at every opportunity, here on Twatter if you twatt, bakebook, comments in newspapers though that opportunity seems to be limited and certainly, don't buy STs if you can be the sort to only buy when you attend.

I'm clearing out on 4th May, I know what I will miss most of all after family and some good friends is watching Ulster, for those determined to stay away, you've more willpower and thranness than I can manage, but I will say, I have thoroughly enjoyed watching 3 Cregagh Red Sox games this season and will miss that too, though, for me who has not been there man and boy, it doesn't replace Ulster.

We should be very careful to separate the Ulster Players from self-serving smugbastards like Terry Slogan, I'd like to think there aren't many either out here or within Spanners who would give him an ounce of support though D4 probably regard him as a useful yes man.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rem99
Initiate

Post by Rem99 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:So with that in mind, I intend to make my own little demonstration on Saturday - for media purposes you will find me behind the posts in the Memorial Stand not far from the front
Would love to know how team would like our support. My gang will be at the Memorial Clock corner prior to taking our seats and ready to join in with any demonstration of support the players want. :red: :red: :red:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Baggy is right on the money with his post.
Rob delivered his message yesterday like a jihadist's hostage in Beirut.
Jackie Brown mentioned a noteworthy bakebook message yesterday. I'm not on bakebook so cannot confirm, but JB was good enough to confirm the gist of it for me.
I was hinting at this yesterday. I have heard from the horse's mouth, a source, who usually tells me nothing (and I don't ask), that the view of everyone in the UR family is that they are, to a man/woman, devastated, betrayed and in need of support. They are at the bottom of their tank morale wise. This season has been a nightmare and they want it over.
horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

Baggy

I have been wondering about that statement by Red, it did seem an unusual situation. Post the media circus and the betrayal by FIRFU I cannot see how the players can be other than extremely upset and that situation will only have worsened following Logan's amateur hour attempt in his media interview. On that subject I thought his comments about matters not raised in court which were contributing factors in the decision that was reached strayed very close to being "actionable". I have no inside information but I do fear that the fall out from these events will wear heavily on the minds of many in the squad and may just prompt them to leave either sooner or at the end of contract.
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Support the players. Protest the IRFU.

Simple chant:

IRFU
Shame on you
IRFU
Shame on you
IRFU
Shame on you
IRFU
Shame on you
IRFU
Shame on you
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

mea97mb wrote:>appl These are my thoughts as well. I feel torn but really want to support the guys left behind.

I also thought Herring looked so uncomfortable in delivering the message and was wondering about Best and why he hadn't delivered it. I think its not right if Rory has dropped Herring in it because he didn't want to deliver the message. I wonder did the IRFU insist their captain was not to publicly show any further support to the lads after the vitriol he endured last time?
We trust Rory to lead the team. Let him lead.
We need to listen to the mood music too. Players cannot openly rebel, but I am completely sure there will be "signs and wonders" for those with eyes to see.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

horslips wrote:Baggy

I have been wondering about that statement by Red, it did seem an unusual situation. Post the media circus and the betrayal by FIRFU I cannot see how the players can be other than extremely upset and that situation will only have worsened following Logan's amateur hour attempt in his media interview. On that subject I thought his comments about matters not raised in court which were contributing factors in the decision that was reached strayed very close to being "actionable". I have no inside information but I do fear that the fall out from these events will wear heavily on the minds of many in the squad and may just prompt them to leave either sooner or at the end of contract.
I doubt players would leave over this, unless the team is split in to (the statement yesterday suggests otherwise) Ulster rugby is bigger than Logan and the IRFU management committee.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Big-al wrote:
horslips wrote:Baggy

I doubt players would leave over this, unless the team is split in to (the statement yesterday suggests otherwise) Ulster rugby is bigger than Logan and the IRFU management committee.
Don't be daft. players aren't going to torpedo their careers over this.
There is no split in the squad, if anything it is galvanising them.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Horslips is suggesting that, not me.
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

I appreciate other people's reasons for going but I won't be.

It's one game and one to get a point across.

The IRFU laugh at us while pulling the puppet's strings. What would stop them laughing? Having to put their hands in their pockets. The threat of a significantly poorer Ulster Rugby would scare the feck.

It may not change things but it would make them think.

As much as I want to support the current squad, I would hope the show of support to PJ and SO would show if they face adversity in future we will stand by them.