Logan must go

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Logan must go

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Bart S wrote:I’m sure Logan knows he’s a dead man walking and based on the past few weeks i doubt he would genuinely have the stomach for the fight anyway. I view this as some attempt to boost any kind of payoff negotiations there may be, by claiming he would like to stay and therefore if ulster want rid of term he should get better terms.
He has a full time permanent contract of employment. If we are to believe what we are told UR is financially stable, he has probably fulfilled his primary performance target. The other points he was spouting about are also probably related to other targets he has been set.
He's on a rock solid footing from an employment law point of view. So unless he is responsible for some as yet unknown major catastrophe he's safe as houses. All the on field failures have been laid at Les Kiss' door. He'll be with us for years unless he is shamed out of office which seems unlikely.

Anyway, what would poor old Cockers do if Logan was out the door?
Sack him then if he claims unfair dismissal I think it is a max of 1 years wages or around 80k whichever is lesser.
If he ever wants another CEO job he will then say I will go for a decent reference otherwise next job is carpark attendant.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Bart S wrote:I’m sure Logan knows he’s a dead man walking and based on the past few weeks i doubt he would genuinely have the stomach for the fight anyway. I view this as some attempt to boost any kind of payoff negotiations there may be, by claiming he would like to stay and therefore if ulster want rid of term he should get better terms.
He has a full time permanent contract of employment. If we are to believe what we are told UR is financially stable, he has probably fulfilled his primary performance target. The other points he was spouting about are also probably related to other targets he has been set.
He's on a rock solid footing from an employment law point of view. So unless he is responsible for some as yet unknown major catastrophe he's safe as houses. All the on field failures have been laid at Les Kiss' door. He'll be with us for years unless he is shamed out of office which seems unlikely.

Sack him then if he claims unfair dismissal I think it is a max of 1 years wages or around 80k whichever is lesser.
If he ever wants another CEO job he will then say I will go for a decent reference otherwise next job is carpark attendant.
If he's hitting his KPIs D4 won't do a thing. They'll be happy with him if he's balancing the books.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Will the books balance with the number of STs we aren't going to sell?

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe someone beat me to it... it’s time

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/its-time-to-suftum
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ColinM wrote:Will the books balance with the number of STs we aren't going to sell?

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
That'll be next year.
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

All sorts of rumours circulating on Planet Rugby forum including one which either
hints at former Ulster/Ireland players. No actual names but someone who played for Ballymena and
was a full back. Could that be Simon Mason? Is he not teaching at his alma mater in England?

Gordon Hamilton was also dropped into the same thread. Is he not head buckcat of Ulster
Professional management committee, a position he does as a volunteer considering he's
apparently stinking rich having sold the family Shipping Cargo business for 40 million back
in 2012. Could he not buy Ulster a few world-class imports?
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

All sorts of rumours circulating on Planet Rugby forum including one which either
hints at former Ulster/Ireland players. No actual names but someone who played for Ballymena and
was a full back. Could that be Simon Mason? Is he not teaching at his alma mater in England?

Gordon Hamilton was also dropped into the same thread. Is he not head buckcat of Ulster
Professional management committee, a position he does as a volunteer considering he's
apparently stinking rich having sold the family Shipping Cargo business for 40 million back
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The question was asked how do we get rid of him and no answer has been forthcoming. I have no idea if there would be an appetite for it, but I’d guess a motion of “no confidence “ from the General Committee might force the D4 hand.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Gordon Hamilton would be a good replacement for Logan if he wanted to take it on
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:The question was asked how do we get rid of him and no answer has been forthcoming. I have no idea if there would be an appetite for it, but I’d guess a motion of “no confidence “ from the General Committee might force the D4 hand.
Join the campaign baggy and let the message be sent... maybe even the cabal will listen... rumours had it that a committee meeting took place without one of its members... but I need to check with snipe as his informants are much better placed than mine.
parsley
Novice

Post by parsley »

caledoniancelt wrote:All sorts of rumours circulating on Planet Rugby forum including one which either

More likely name is Philip Rainey rather than Simon Mason. Just 1 Ireland cap though.
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Surely they should be looking at Davidson or even Fitzpatrick , was he not USA coach and not doing pro rugby in america
"This doesn't look good Parker"
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Snipe Watson wrote:

Which basically means if he is to leave then UR/IRFU will need to make an offer that is sufficiently tempting. Whether that is a better use of the money than continuing to pay a man who is not delivering the leadership required is where the debate should be.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

pwrmoore wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Which basically means if he is to leave then UR/IRFU will need to make an offer that is sufficiently tempting. Whether that is a better use of the money than continuing to pay a man who is not delivering the leadership required is where the debate should be.
80 k to unfair dismissal is better than paying his wages and as I said if he wants another job outside carpark attendant then he will walk before he goes that far.
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe Watson wrote:

Walked out of a supporters meeting and started a petition I have done my bit for God and Ulster... get the signatures in I want to see 10,000 signatures before the Russians get me.