Logan must go

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Logan must go

Post by Snipe Watson »

UlsterNo9 wrote:https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 93662.html
Comment: Ulster's box-ticking Logan interview insults supporters' intelligence

By Jonathan Bradley

March 12 2018

You may have missed it over the weekend, and you were meant to, but Ulster chief executive Shane Logan addressed Ulster fans on Saturday evening.
The embattled CEO has been under fire for his failure to answer questions during a tumultuous three months for the province, a period that has seen the loss of both a director of rugby and head coach, as well as poor on-field results leaving the side under threat of missing out on Champions Cup qualification for next year.

A meeting held by operations director Bryn Cunningham on Thursday night with season ticket holders was punctuated by calls for Logan's own absence to be explained, with the reason given that it was an event that had been planned long before the recent tumult hastened a slide towards mediocrity.

The answer to the unrest, it appears, was Ulster's very own version of a 'Friday news dump', where politicians used to cross their fingers that unpalatable stories slipped out at the start of the weekend would have lost momentum by Monday morning.

Ulster's box-ticking interview with Logan, conducted by the club themselves, was released on their social media channels at 5pm on a Saturday evening. Just as Ireland happened to be in the process of clinching a Six Nations title.

Quite how whoever made the decision on the timing of the release thought it would slip under the radar remains anyone's guess. Quite how a scripted answering of your own questions, with no opportunity for your assertions to be challenged, is seen as an answer to accusations over a lack of accountability is another mystery. Both insult the intelligence of supporters. They deserve better from an organisation who supposedly need them now more than ever. For their voice to be heard, there is one uncomfortable truth for a loyal fan base... it's your money that talks. Even if club officials only do when and how it suits them.

Meanwhile, Ulster are believed to be weighing up signing Fijian utility back Metuisela Talebula from Bordeaux-Begles until the end of the season. A similar move for former All Black Stephen Donald fell through in January.
Keep it coming Bradley
+1
Good direct piece of writing.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

He’s fast becoming a favourite of mine. Can’t believe he has grown a set,will Mulligan follow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

kingofthehill wrote:He’s fast becoming a favourite of mine. Can’t believe he has grown a set,will Mulligan follow?

That's a bit too much to hope for. :lol: :lol:
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Mulligan was scathing on Twitter

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Jackie Brown wrote:Mulligan was scathing on Twitter

Jeepers :shock: that does surprise me. If even the lapdog has turned on him, there must be things afoot.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Whilst I absolutely congratulate JB for another to the point piece, expressing exactly what the fans - at least the grumpies here (not Grumpy) - if not his, or his staff's, fictitious social media presences would have you buy. Callum White, eh? A work of genius. :roll:

I have to say I trust Rooster a hell of a lot more than Slogan, and if Rooster says a twitter post congratulating the blaggard appeared 5 seconds after the release of the farce, then that is what happened and is proof positive of how gullible the Great Leader believes his audience is.

That said, given how the press has had to toe a certain Spanners line delivered by diktat, for example when Kiss demanded nobody referred to 600 + caps on the bench for a home game - Treviso I believe, then the fact that JB feels emboldened to treat Slogan as a bloody corpse in a sea of sharks, can only be taken positively.

I've been told confidentially that he knows he is on his way, I'm sure many others may have heard similarly, I assume this bullshit he is pedalling is some ill-considered attempt to preserve some sort of idea of personal legacy, rather than being considered as just another dubious Ulster Rugby appointment with a dodgy CV who didn't hack it.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Jackie Brown wrote:Mulligan was scathing on Twitter

#rugby WTF @UlsterRugby you put a video statement out from the CEO at 5pm TODAY. Ireland on verge of Six Nations Championship success.....

I wouldn’t say scathing.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

WTF is a bit of an exclamation to make though?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

I’m sure Logan knows he’s a dead man walking and based on the past few weeks i doubt he would genuinely have the stomach for the fight anyway. I view this as some attempt to boost any kind of payoff negotiations there may be, by claiming he would like to stay and therefore if ulster want rid of term he should get better terms.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Bart S wrote:I’m sure Logan knows he’s a dead man walking and based on the past few weeks i doubt he would genuinely have the stomach for the fight anyway. I view this as some attempt to boost any kind of payoff negotiations there may be, by claiming he would like to stay and therefore if ulster want rid of term he should get better terms.
Bart you hold far too high an opinion of Mr Logan unfortunately.

I think Logan is dumb enough to think that he is not a dead man walking, if he had any sense of wit he would have known that the video released was only going to fuel the fire and put him further under scrutiny.

I don't think he will have any payoff negotiations, he's not on a contract but a salaried employee. What grounds is he sack-able on....... :duck:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Bart S wrote:I’m sure Logan knows he’s a dead man walking and based on the past few weeks i doubt he would genuinely have the stomach for the fight anyway. I view this as some attempt to boost any kind of payoff negotiations there may be, by claiming he would like to stay and therefore if ulster want rid of term he should get better terms.
He has a full time permanent contract of employment. If we are to believe what we are told UR is financially stable, he has probably fulfilled his primary performance target. The other points he was spouting about are also probably related to other targets he has been set.
He's on a rock solid footing from an employment law point of view. So unless he is responsible for some as yet unknown major catastrophe he's safe as houses. All the on field failures have been laid at Les Kiss' door. He'll be with us for years unless he is shamed out of office which seems unlikely.

Anyway, what would poor old Cockers do if Logan was out the door?
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

UlsterNo9 wrote:

I think Logan is dumb enough to think that he is not a dead man walking, if he had any sense of wit he would have known that the video released was only going to fuel the fire and put him further under scrutiny.

I don't think he will have any payoff negotiations, he's not on a contract but a salaried employee. What grounds is he sack-able on....... :duck:
Being a cöck is surely enough
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:

Being a cöck is surely enough
Sadly no.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Snipe Watson wrote:
He has a full time permanent contract of employment. If we are to believe what we are told UR is financially stable, he has probably fulfilled his primary performance target. The other points he was spouting about are also probably related to other targets he has been set.
He's on a rock solid footing from an employment law point of view. So unless he is responsible for some as yet unknown major catastrophe he's safe as houses. All the on field failures have been laid at Les Kiss' door. He'll be with us for years unless he is shamed out of office which seems unlikely.

Reid walked for less, more of a man than Logan could ever be, he claims to be a leader of men, I do not see him at the front leading anyone.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Reid walked for less, more of a man than Logan could ever be, he claims to be a leader of men, I do not see him at the front leading anyone.
Big Mike knew he was out of his depth. As we see Logan believes he's got everything under control.