Ulster v Kings

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Liz Fraser
Squire

Re: Ulster v Kings

Post by Liz Fraser »

big mervyn wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Last night was basically opposed training.
Was actually just about to post those very words. As training sessions go it was a fairly productive one. Bryn said the boys trained "really well" last week but then somebody says that every week :roll: The whole night was a bit meh. Things are bad when the crowd start patronising the opposition. Don't mind the anklebiters (or anybody else) waving foam appendages but the actual kicking challenge was dung. You can't beat the crossbar challenge. And no, the band didn't add anything.Thought big O'Connor did a good job last night.

Actually looking forward to next week and a complete game with something at stake for both sides.
Spot on both of you.
Rarely have I seen a side unravel so easily after two quick phases of play.
The only difference is that in training they would expect more sustained defensive pressure.
For me nothing changes.
Ulster are a great side in the safe home surroundings of the Spanners with their tails up and the crowd behind them.
Give our wide men open field broken play situations and they are devastating.
However if they front up against a side that can tighten things up and apply pressure then we can talk about difference and change.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Did the band attempt to play Ghost Riders, I thought I heard it from the warmth of the Bar. To me there was more negatives than positives last night.
They did indeed.
About 95% of those there were wondering wtf at that moment
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I think we could have put 70 on them if it wasn't for the injuries and a rash of substitutions. It's the kind of fixture that we would have made a meal of previously. Job done and on to the next one. The injuries are really stacking up now so I think any kind of win next week will be gratefully received.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Kofi Annan wrote:Did the band attempt to play Ghost Riders, I thought I heard it from the warmth of the Bar. To me there was more negatives than positives last night.
Yes - but none of their target audience knew what it was.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

So what was the kicking challenge?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

BR wrote:So what was the kicking challenge?
UR set out a flat (about 2m white flat square sheet) just in front of the 22 and three people had a go at kicking from hand at the halfway to land the ball on the square. One decent attempt and two disasters in quick succession made it a rather dull moment, no build up that you get when kicking from the tee.

Band are still crap.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Joe Schmo wrote:
UR set out a flat (about 2m white flat square sheet) just in front of the 22 and three people had a go at kicking from hand at the halfway to land the ball on the square. One decent attempt and two disasters in quick succession made it a rather dull moment, no build up that you get when kicking from the tee.

Band are still crap.
Thanks. And what method did UR use to force everyone to watch? Did they close the bars 10 minutes beforehand? Send a team of German shepherds into the food village? Arm eventsec with cattle prods to ensure those on the terrace paid attention?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:

Band are still crap.
Thanks. And what method did UR use to force everyone to watch? Did they close the bars 10 minutes beforehand? Send a team of German shepherds into the food village? Arm eventsec with cattle prods to ensure those on the terrace paid attention?
I was coming in at the time and there appeared to be more crowd noise than at any stage during the actual match, only thing alive last night was the band.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The atmosphere was terrible last night and people were leaving in droves before it ended. The band made it ten times worse. It is so cringey when they play Amarillo and it usually results in a fcuk up on the pitch. If the band isn't there the crowd make more of an effort. It's almost like people don't want to sing incase the band join in. They need to FRO.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:A very efficient referee and guess what, she didn't need the TMO. >appl >appl >appl
Aye. Happy days. On an absolutely Baltic night, the game finished at the unheard of time of about 9:15. One lone wolf whistle from the memorial end of the terrace at the start of the game but that may well have been from the leather clad boys in the Craig Gilroy fanclub.
Must have been when they caught sight of the ‘tache!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:The atmosphere was terrible last night and people were leaving in droves before it ended. The band made it ten times worse. It is so cringey when they play Amarillo and it usually results in a fcuk up on the pitch. If the band isn't there the crowd make more of an effort. It's almost like people don't want to sing incase the band join in. They need to FRO.
Perfect storm last night. 6Ns, crap opposition, cold, easy win...

I admit I did not sing a note, nor gilder once.

On a single occasion, I may have assisted the TJ in his duties, but otherwise I did not raise my voice above 20 dB.

As Rooster suggests the band saved it from being a morgue.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Always quiet on here after a big win.

It was good to see that our lot can actually hold on to a ball. Gilroy’s third was a cracker.

The fact that we haven’t opened up a gap adds a nice bit of spice to next week.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Yes

I'd have them on trial

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote:The atmosphere was terrible last night and people were leaving in droves before it ended. The band made it ten times worse. It is so cringey when they play Amarillo and it usually results in a fcuk up on the pitch. If the band isn't there the crowd make more of an effort. It's almost like people don't want to sing incase the band join in. They need to FRO.
Perfect storm last night. 6Ns, crap opposition, cold, easy win...

I admit I did not sing a note, nor gilder once.

On a single occasion, I may have assisted the TJ in his duties, but otherwise I did not raise my voice above 20 dB.

As Rooster suggests the band saved it from being a morgue.
Are you the 'Mr assistant referee' guy?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I had the single most annoying bunch of arseholes near me last night, one dull old bar steward had a phone conversation about Haffner's sausages at one point, worse still he mumbled along with the band regularly and even clapped along on one occasion. I will be carrying a taser next week, we usually get different people every week in those seats, from the appalling Man City supporters to the Knitting Circle who were the least objectionable to date, but if that fecker wants to know the way to Amarillo, my taser will point it out to the dumbfu'ck.

NB Haffner's sausages are the cat's pyjamas but FFFs time & place for everything.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.