Logan must go

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Logan must go

Post by Gerald the Mole »

No ifs, no buts, he is the man solely in charge of the rudderless ship, Reid went for less, Logan go, let someone else who knows what they are doing lead, a real business leader, a real person who understands rugby and the supporters, no doubt this morning your giving the players a speech, probably similar to your speech in Russia to the staff at your bottling plant, or the speech you give after getting back to back defeats by Glasgow , time for the BULLSHÎT to end, pack your Bergan and go. Time for change.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Logan must go

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I can subscribe to that Ger, there has been nothing but silence from the CEO in a period of turmoil. He previously sat on his hands whilst Dumb & Dumber had their public spat. He assured us that Kiss is not a great coach but 2 searches of world talent said he was the best. He wasn't. We had the John Afoa blatant lie to ST holders and a welter of minor & major issues such as the growth of Ragby in Alster when we all know clubs struggle to get anything like the number of teams out that they once did.

Above all, you simply get the feeling that he is in hiding, what sort of leader becomes reclusive in times when both on & off the pitch, Ulster are making the wrong headlines, but of paramount importance is the simple fact that the progress Ulster made has gone down the Swanee Riba dating back to about the precise moment David Humphreys left.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Gerald the Mole wrote:No ifs, no buts, he is the man solely in charge of the rudderless ship, Reid went for less, Logan go, let someone else who knows what they are doing lead, a real business leader, a real person who understands rugby and the supporters, no doubt this morning your giving the players a speech, probably similar to your speech in Russia to the staff at your bottling plant, or the speech you give after getting back to back defeats by Glasgow , time for the BULLSHÎT to end, pack your Bergan and go. Time for change.
I would rather have Reid back than Logan, at least he tried
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Bring back Harry Williams ... at least he won something.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Active crusades
FOSL
FOTB

Completed crusades
FOLK
Anscombe out
Kindey out

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:No ifs, no buts, he is the man solely in charge of the rudderless ship, Reid went for less, Logan go, let someone else who knows what they are doing lead, a real business leader, a real person who understands rugby and the supporters, no doubt this morning your giving the players a speech, probably similar to your speech in Russia to the staff at your bottling plant, or the speech you give after getting back to back defeats by Glasgow , time for the BULLSHÎT to end, pack your Bergan and go. Time for change.
I would rather have Reid back than Logan, at least he tried
Can't agree. Reid was well out of his depth (if you'll pardon the inappropriate analogy) by the time of his departure and I suspect wouldn't have a scooby about all the changes that have since been made.

I think Logan's tenure is getting a little long, but I think he did move things forward. Change is required to continue that journey, but right now is not the time.

For the record, I don't care about the BS (I expect nothing else from CEOs, businessmen and politicians). There have been a number of mistakes made on his watch, not least the failure to employ the correct coach and as the public face of those decisions, he must take responsibility. He also has some credits to his time here.

I'd like him to go in a controlled manner in the next 12-18 months, but upheaval off the field coinciding with that on-field would leave too big a vacuum. One which D4 would feel compelled to fill, for the good of IRISH rugby.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Even if Logan goes, he is only part of the problem.

Ulster Branch have to grasp the nettle as well.

Almost the entire structure is fking rotten.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'm in a quandary BR, in normal circumstances, you are spot on that things need to be done in an orderly manner. That said if we are looking at this as a potential turning point and a sea change for how business is conducted at Spanners, then time to get the bluffer out, the man who was categoric that Kiss was the right man for the job, the man who has presided over a rugby shambles no matter how well he may have done commercially, and I assume that is the area where you give him credit.

For me, Terry is not Fit to oversee the hiring of the next DOR, nor to decide if it should be a shopkeeper like Humph or a supposed coach like Kiss. If left to him with the last word before passing it to Nucibastard what is the likelihood of another coach in clownshoes and harlequin trousiebills?

Frankly, with his track record I wouldn't entrust him with the job, so a gentlemanly walking away from a job he has failed at seems desirable right now, today if possible.

For me, we are in mid-clusterfu'ckup, a failed and sacked DOR, a failing & reclusive CEO and a couple of young gentlemen in the Belfast courts sullying whatever good name Ulster Rugby has.

The season has no promise left in it at all, we are in the once familiar situation of fulfilling fixtures, for me, an ideal time to get all those who need gassing, gassed and out of the way. And yes I say that in full cognisance of a widespread feeling that there are more figures lurking in the background who also need a bullet, but I have no idea how you approach getting amateur committeeman or entire committee ejected when they are pretty much a self-perpetuating group. I can only assume that would require the FIRFU to instigate a separation of the pro game & the overall governance of Ulster Rugby. No good reason WHY that should not happen, it's the HOW that I have no idea about. Neither, in all honesty, have I any appreciation about how amateur committees impact on decisions for the pro team.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Amiga500 wrote:Even if Logan goes, he is only part of the problem.

I'm not arguing against you, let's be clear on that, but I keep hearing that the whole system is rotten, but I haven't heard from anyone how that impinges on what we are all mainly interested in, the pro team.

Can you enlighten me, or indeed can anyone?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

There needs to be a review of the whole damnable situation and not some internal review carried out by the very same incompetents responsible for the shambles.
I know for a fact that there are seriously competent individuals in and around Ravers. Individuals who are confident enough in their own self worth to admit to what they don't know and bring in someone who does. However I'd imagine their best efforts may be frustrated by the established and incumbent power brokers. So, like Baggy, I know the question, but the answer is beyond my ken.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Yes - it would be his role in replacing the coach that would bother me too. Not sure what all influences come into that appointment, but hopefully Logan is only one of those and there is oversight by others without agendas.

Currently I am content that a major problem with our on-field performances is being addressed (we can only hope positively). Blame lies all around, but Logan and Cunnigham have cobbled together a squad, which on paper should be performing way ahead of their current form. These aren't bad players, most have a history of acceptable performance, either at Ravenhill or elsewhere. Is anyone seriously suggesting that there aren't coaches out there who, given the resources provided, could outperform what we have seen for the last 2 seasons?

For me the fact that we have a squad of individuals underperforming to the extent that the team is less than the sum of its parts, means that the coaches have it wrong. The details of tactics, team selection, etc only reinforce that view.

Gibbes is underperforming in comparison to his abilities too. Time for him to show us what he's made of.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

I'm not arguing against you, let's be clear on that, but I keep hearing that the whole system is rotten, but I haven't heard from anyone how that impinges on what we are all mainly interested in, the pro team.

A big part of the inability to answer that question comes from the fact that there is very little transparency. Are we even really sure what the appointment process for a new DOR would look like or who would be involved? There have been plenty of differing views posted here, ranging from "it's all Logan's fault" to "nothing to do with Logan".

The known knowns are:
A. Several previous efforts to appoint a top man have failed miserably, so there is clearly a major malfunction in the process or else serious user error.
Z. Nucifuhrer has the final say on all appointments.

Between A and Z, your guess is as good as mine.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote: Gibbes is underperforming in comparison to his abilities too. Time for him to show us what he's made of.
What I'm reading is that Les Kiss was doing a remarkable impersonation of EOS and trying to micro manage the entire team. Gibbes wasn't given a lot of say. That has now changed so we will know by the end of the season whether he has the goods.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

Baggy... this is supposedly where the Pro Game Board comes in. A small body of expertise that collectively run the Pro Game and which includes Bryn and Terry chaired by the former Match Day Manager and Ulster Team Manager back in the day. I guess this gets Terry out of the pickle of actually taking responsibility of making decisions and being held accountable..

I am told he just got used to walking around playing the CEO quoting little sound bites that made him look the dogs horlix and to those that credit him 100% with building the world class stadium that is the envy of world sport... the money was provided by the NIA through a joint sporting project designed to facilitate new stadium to the three sports and driven by the SIB who (and I stand to be corrected) appointed consultants, project managers and likely appointed the builders to reform Ravenhill... so maybe some credit to the SIB particularly its CEO at the time of the funding going through who also later happened to be Chair of URs PMC Committee.. my impression Terry was more like NIHE tenant getting his house rebuilt for him...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The one massive failing I saw in the appointment of Kiss as DOR was the fact that he had not the full skill set required and neither had Logan to notice that or realise there was a serious gap in knowledge of management of a side, hence Bryn had to come in and sort out half finished contracts etc
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best