Ruan Pienaar breaks the spirit of the game

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ruan Pienaar breaks the spirit of the game

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Oh aye.............. and I reckon Nigel would have bollocked Ruan & told him to take the kick or he'd penalise him for ungentlemanly conduct............... this is not football Ruan.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

jean valjean wrote:Reckon Clermont will be scrapping the mini countdown clock in the corner which ruan was watching. If it wasn't there he would probably would have taken it earlier.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I think it is a T14 requirement. Iirc T14 had strict rules on timing before they became worldwide laws. The French players are well practiced at taking their allotted time when it suits; just not usually as blatantly.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It certainly took balls to pull that stunt at Clermont of all places but it will hopefully lead to a rule change.

We had some smart arses in my neck of the woods declare in the last cricket game of last season so their closest rivals couldn’t take sufficient wickets to catch them.

They came a cropper though and the league wouldn’t let them get promotion!
John_e_boy
Squire

Post by John_e_boy »

Hmmmm.

Laws were not contravened.
Spirit of the game, for sure.

So which weighs heavier?

Personally I think it's disgusting.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Nah JB, unedifying, should be changed, murder is disgusting, rape is disgusting, child abuse is disgusting, that was unedifying.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Mixed feelings on this one. Ruan was smart to take advantage of the laws of the game, but I am a little saddened to see a man with his class behaving like this, and he is now just a tad diminished in my mind as a sportsman. Pity. Wish I hadn't seen it.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

A Vern Cotter directive perhaps? Could he have communicated onto the pitch to take the full 90?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Tough one this.
Ultimately it's no different in Munster winding the clock setting ruck after ruck in the HEC final v Toulouse that led to the, " use it" law being introduced.
Or footballer goalkeepers taking an age to release the ball leading to the 6 second rule.
They are paid professionals and winning is their game.
Montpellier fans or owners will have no such complaints

I think Baggy is on the right track and refs discretion for a reasonable time to be taken should be introduced which rugby generally relies on.
It doesn't take an Einstein to work out when a player is taking the p and a simple 'get on with it' from the ref will be sufficient to prevent this.
Once players realise the game is up it normally means that's that as they are trained to not questions officialdom.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Within the professional game, where points mean Money not prizes, the spirit of the game is as dead as Rum's todger.
We lament its passing, but it has passed. Until Ulster come to terms with it and stop playing the gentlemanly way, we'll struggle against outfits like Leinster and Sorries. They use every tool and stretch every rule to win. We do it The Ulster Way.
Ruan is a brilliant professional, doing whatever it takes to win. It's the new world order. You don't have to like it, but if you can't beat them, join them.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I got to "dead as Rums todger" bit and then spent the next half hour looking for the button to vote for post of the season....
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

The rest is just fluff.... a bit like Rum's .... too easy
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cornerfleg wrote:I got to "dead as Rums todger" bit and then spent the next half hour looking for the button to vote for post of the season....
He just needs a jump start from Ruan's balleeks.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Rum Shelly's.... Frankenwab....
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"