Six Nations 17/18

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Six Nations 17/18

Post by kingofthehill »

Dave wrote:McCloskey's offload into touch was a redflag for Joe. Against Leinster McCloskey had another right in front of Joe. Heck of a player for us last week though.
Mccloskey can carry.

Mccloskey can’t defend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

kingofthehill wrote:
Dave wrote:McCloskey's offload into touch was a redflag for Joe. Against Leinster McCloskey had another right in front of Joe. Heck of a player for us last week though.
Mccloskey can carry.

Mccloskey can’t defend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree, he wouldn't be guaranteed his place in the Ulster team either if the pack could carry.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

iHumph 2.0
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Four Ulster players too many
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

222toHounslow wrote:Four Ulster players too many
Five
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

McFadden and Earls are the experienced tackle bag holders along with Kearney.

Conway , Larmour and Stockdale in my book will be in the Backline come the World Cup

Carberry is "the Substitute
" 10 but the Fiji match exposed the problem with Carberry at 10 he might make one break before the opposition back row do a number on him and he gets carried off . ( not inferring anything illegal
just hard tackles on the edge of lateness by one of two back row forwards )

International back rows tend to bigger and faster than the average Pro set and less easily evaded .

The former 3 Mac etc are starting to show the effects of injury and age none have pace they once had and will only become slower between now and the WC .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:McFadden and Earls are the experienced tackle bag holders along with Kearney.

Conway , Larmour and Stockdale in my book will be in the Backline come the World Cup

Carberry is "the Substitute
" 10 but the Fiji match exposed the problem with Carberry at 10 he might make one break before the opposition back row do a number on him and he gets carried off . ( not inferring anything illegal
just hard tackles on the edge of lateness by one of two back row forwards )

International back rows tend to bigger and faster than the average Pro set and less easily evaded .

The former 3 Mac etc are starting to show the effects of injury and age none have pace they once had and will only become slower between now and the WC .

You should have gone to bed early last night ould hand, that post is approaching your halcyon days of genuine old-fashioned pigshit gibberish. You may have some salient points, or indeed something rather insightful, but nobody will ever know.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I have given this a few minutes serious thought and concluded I don't give a crap about the 6Ns. I shall, of course, watch it in the absence of proper rugby but really, meh.

I'd briefly considered selecting a team to support................... :roll: why bother?

I will be rather pleased to see the fuc'king Lionels chinned a few times mind you, that always cheers me up in absolutely any sport, still have rather fond memories of the USA beating them at Wendyball, purely as a yardstick for sporting humiliation, for I wasn't born, but it was when Ron'n was a lad.

Very little affection for the frogs these days, what with Basterdreau & Boujafukkinlil lumping Ireland & Wales together as an entity albeit the Sheepworriers voted for Safferica to host RWC 2023. The cartoonist is a rightbastard, just like his fat centre.

As for the avaricious Scots, friends to the frog and amongst the most treacherous countries on the planet, feck that leaves the Wops. :duh: :duh: :duh:

Nah................. I'll just sleg the lot thanks.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy

Baggy the fact is good players - with side steps and twinkle toe dancing are fine at Club level against an ordinary Back Row .

international Back Rows are faster and bigger and more ruthless and take delight in downing a player with those skills .

Hence Carberry is a potential injury waiting to happen when playing 10 at International level .

Sexton is no Carberry but has taken some serious knocks trying to run the ball .

RoG was lacking in an adventurous approach after his trip to Australia with the Lions and survived with few injuries thereafter .

Having downed Kearney , Earls and McFadden I expect at least 4 of the 6 to be selected in the 23 .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Baggy

Baggy

Baggy

Baggy

Baggy
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

A clarification:

Dear Ron, I was not seeing any clarification.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Was Girrid picked?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Was Girrid picked?
No
Sore head
Cant go to school today

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Was Girrid picked?
No
Sore head
Cant go to school today

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
It's Mrs Girrid I feel sorry for with this indefinite sore head excuse.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Feck off Bagsniffer. When we win the Grand Slam you'll be purring like a little kitten.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.