Euro Draw 17/18

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

ladyboy696969
Novice

Re: Euro Draw 17/18

Post by ladyboy696969 »

Well done today boys. Great win!
If Ulster get a QF then Kiss will be due a contract extension. Feck that, a knighthood. Arise Sir Kiss.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Although bizarrely considering our legaue form, we shall go into the last round with at least the 5th best defence (in terms of points conceed) in the competition by my reckoning. Leinster, Munster and Racing all well ahead of us even thiugh they have played one game less and i think Exter are also better after 5 games.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

ladyboy696969 wrote:Well done today boys. Great win!
If Ulster get a QF then Kiss will be due a contract extension. Feck that, a knighthood. Arise Sir Kiss.
He can have the knighthood out of the 2. :D
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Our big advantage SHOULD be that by playing last next week we shall know exactly what we need. If it comes down to needing a point to qualify due to other results and/or 1 point putting Wasps out of reach then we do we go for the 4 tries from the off to seal it or seek to deny Wasps and win the game?

Or will Les just do an Oyonnax and stick Hendy, Best, Cooney, lele and Charles from the bench and then spring them when Wasps have scored their fourth try. :roll:
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Wasps will still go full throttle next week as they can't assume quins won't fluke a win. With Elliott, Haskell and Hughes all out they shouldn't be feared though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Hairsprays 6 Sorries 9 HT

By my reckoning a Hairspreys win no bonus point is best result for us. They'll get gubbed at Clermont next week meaning they will finish 2nd on 17.

Sorries win and they go to 15/16 with a win over Northampton giving them a better 2nd place points total than us if we get bate at Wasps.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Euro Draw 17/18

Post by Neill_M »

Sarries drew 15 - 15. Best they can do is 18 points and a runner up spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Neill_M wrote:Sarries drew 15 - 15. Best they can do is 18 points and a runner up spot

Whisper it quietly but could sarries be back at ravers?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

jean valjean wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Sarries drew 15 - 15. Best they can do is 18 points and a runner up spot

Whisper it quietly but could sarries be back at ravers?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Who knows, it’s Saturday night and the maths can wait Image
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Ospreys struggled in the first 20 but ultimately they had ample opportunity to win but couldn't as they are not good. Hopefully Saracens don't get through. They are a blight on rugby although they have a number of high class players.

Ulster with a decent win against opposition which resembles Clermont(look good and classy but with a subconscious desire to lose at the business end) That said who cares - Ulster have a good chance now and if they turn up next week Wasps are beatable.

Expect Leinster to spank Glasgow tomorrow and I hope they do. The Munster game will be a right tough b-stard of a game I'd say. Hoping for the best. If we are firing we might be able to squeeze out a win....hopefully.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Shan wrote:Ospreys struggled in the first 20 but ultimately they had ample opportunity to win but couldn't as they are not good. Hopefully Saracens don't get through. They are a blight on rugby although they have a number of high class players.

Ulster with a decent win against opposition which resembles Clermont(look good and classy but with a subconscious desire to lose at the business end) That said who cares - Ulster have a good chance now and if they turn up next week Wasps are beatable.

Expect Leinster to spank Glasgow tomorrow and I hope they do. The Munster game will be a right tough b-stard of a game I'd say. Hoping for the best. If we are firing we might be able to squeeze out a win....hopefully.
A win for your good selves tomorrow Shan and a point for us next week could see us in Thomond Park. Sure Ulster at home in a European quarter final would be easy pickings..... :D
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I would back Munster to win tomorrow. The team looks very strong all over the park.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

At present Munster remind me a bit of Stade Rochelais, a very good squad with decent depth but you wouldn't back them at the business end in April & May. That said they are definitely improving and next year with Klein & Beirne they may have found a pair who could be as effective as POC/DOC. Good front & Back row options too but the backs are more effective than brilliant, Murray excepted.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:At present Munster remind me a bit of Stade Rochelais, a very good squad with decent depth but you wouldn't back them at the business end in April & May. That said they are definitely improving and next year with Klein & Beirne they may have found a pair who could be as effective as POC/DOC. Good front & Back row options too but the backs are more effective than brilliant, Murray excepted.
I'd agree with that, though Keatley has been in the form of his life, should he be able to sustain it rather than be peaking who knows.

I'd love to see Keatley show a high level of consistency. In a position like his sometimes players only ever find what clicks at the tail end of their career. I hope he has found his mojo.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
A win for your good selves tomorrow Shan and a point for us next week could see us in Thomond Park. Sure Ulster at home in a European quarter final would be easy pickings..... :D
Naughty boy. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.