Leinster v Ulster: Positives versus the Negatives

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Leinster v Ulster: Positives versus the Negatives

Post by Jackie Brown »

Dave wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:We are on a different planet from what they are playing 100 miles south.

Bowe and Trimble are done, Bowe especially. Piutau is a mercenary whore happy to flog himself to the highest bidder. He represents the biggest amount of money we've ever drunk up a wall. I'll be glad to see the back of him and whoever had the clever idea of throwing the annual GDP of a small country at a back when we have forwards like Diack on the books shouldn't be near the purse strings of a professional organisation.

Any chance of a defence coach, or basic hand skills?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
They have hands?
Aye, like a giant pair of mammaries

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

None of you will believe this but according to the Pro14 website we crucified them other than on the scoreboard, we had about 60:40 possession, territory was about 52:48, we only conceded 1 penalty more than them, 7 was perhaps a season-low, they had to make over 50 more tackles. Turnovers even.

However what makes 6-1 try count sensible is that they missed less than 10 tackles and we missed 23.

In 13 matches we have conceded 12 more tries than Treviso - what defence? To date we have conceded 53 tries in 17 matches, last season - Ulsters worst ever - we conceded 66, we have another 10 matches minimum, we are on course to concede perhaps 20 more than our worst ever season defensively.

Some Kiss loving quislings may point out that he hasn't missed a tackle all season ......... I'll trump that with, he designed the system that isn't working .......... as a coaching friend of mine helpfully suggested so I could sound knowledgeable, drift & soak. It's like the colander through which a strained and washed my pappardelle this evening, but much nastier.

Anyone think Kiss is in an untenable position?

Positives? .....................................Got nuttin'.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Jackie Brown wrote:We are on a different planet from what they are playing 100 miles south.

Bowe and Trimble are done, Bowe especially. Piutau is a mercenary whore happy to flog himself to the highest bidder. He represents the biggest amount of money we've ever drunk up a wall. I'll be glad to see the back of him and whoever had the clever idea of throwing the annual GDP of a small country at a back when we have forwards like Diack on the books shouldn't be near the purse strings of a professional organisation.

Any chance of a defence coach, or basic hand skills?

Diack was handed a new 2 year contract a few months ago... Piteau was discussed by the PMC and seen by some as a luxury but one man wanted bums on seats..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

The board, whoever they are, will not get rid of Kiss. Look at their record. You have to do reasonably well before you get sacked at Ulster.

The sooner Logan and Kiss go the better for Ulster Rugby.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Positive... you’re having a laugh

Negatives...Ulster Rugby
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Leinster v Ulster: Positives versus the Negatives

Post by thecrouch »

Kofi Annan wrote:There has to be positives in there somewhere. So I will start with the negatives.

I traveled to Dublin for that. Now in the horseshoe bar , cold and feed up having a hot Powers.

Positives: it's fixable
No positives
Last edited by thecrouch on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote:Positive - I didn't go
Negative - I watched on TV
I didn't go

AND

I fell asleep when Little House on the Prairie parts 1-3 (the Director's cut) was on True Movies and missed the whole thing.

Win Win :cheers:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Positives:
Thought 9 was decent, speed of pass needed to get sharper, occasionally a bit loopy, extra step prior to pass 1 in 4, and box kicked too far.....but I think there is more potential than cairns about him....he deserves a run of game time behind Cooney to properly assess, not bad at all considering the obvious gulf in class between the sides and his age/experience....better than shanahan more potential than p, young kid fronted up.
Glad mcphillips got a bit more time at 10....simple fact is can he run a game.....nobody knows, because he need game time behind a decent functioning pack....which we don’t have. feck signing a big money 10 for remainder of season to paper over the cracks....we still are gonna win feck all....let’s give him a go..... to properly assess and see if he develops.... and go again in September.
No injuries to our top players for next week.
Clear as feck day for everyone the gulf in class between Ulster and the top echelon in Europe and Ireland.
Ferris and sky questioning “something wrong, no smiles on faces & Munster win was against 13/14 men”.....everyone knows what ferris is alluding too....good man...FOLK.
We all know the negatives.
The tactics are poor it took herbst in the 50 odd minute to smash someone behind the gainline! Simply the squad isn’t good enough and never will be. UR must be haemorrhaging major money on these guys, I’d seriously consider binning off most out of contract in the summer.
The players are punch drunk in confidence, they know against decent sides they r gone. Leinster could’ve done us by another 14 easy.....it’s amazing how easy rugby is with support play, and decent passing skills.
It’s easy to blame D4 for all our ills....but we really do feck our selves over too.
We can’t buy ourselves out of this brad pitt storm, time for some honesty, a couple of yrs of hard graft, and the culture of remembering the dickings and when the opportunity presents itself return the favour, we’ve been accepting sub standard for too long.....I’d rather have a young kid with potential than a Dave, end of.
Someone needs to grip Peel....I don’t like bullshit. Shocking how at one point we went back 25metres in 4 phases in attack just by Leinster using line speed and we were trying to trick them using slow dummy runners and passes out the back.....dire.
Genuinely I hope if things aren’t resolved come end of season people don’t/delay renewing season tickets t UR grow a pair of feck horlix and start feck people off.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

You missed a treat Merv, the Ingalls and the Olesons made up the Ulster pack tonight
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Dave wrote:Max Deegan running along holding off Rob Herring for about 30 metres before he leisurely offloaded the ball, was a standout comedy moment.
That Dave was akin to Diacks try failure in the pro12 final.
Or their prop bouncing Cave and Stockdale for their try without halting momentum.

The best example however of our defensive shortcomings came with Mcfaddens first try.
Rory Best, McCloskey and Cave in a line.
Best can't be bothered getting into the line leaving a 3 on 2.
Not a problem until McCloskey decides to rush.
At that point Cave has to rush but decides to sit on the outside.
Fardy instead of getting man and ball gets an age to deliver a pass to Mcfaddens in space and Stockdale is an age away.
Great example of 4 defenders, great individually but collectively playing with differing defensive approaches without the first clue what their team mate either side is doing.
Not a word of communication between them and all of them supposed internationals.
You will struggle to see a poorer coached defense at any level compared to that.

Its not even a coaching issue.
That's too easy.
Its a pride thing.
These guys lack it.
Disgraceful.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Plenty of room for Cairns and Stewart. Cairns is a strong boi and his pass is much zippier.

F.UCKOLK
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

twiglet wrote:The board, whoever they are, will not get rid of Kiss. Look at their record. You have to do reasonably well before you get sacked at Ulster.

Ain't that the truth Twiggy. :thumleft: If they are not removed, for I doubt they have the honour or sense of responsibility to do the decent thing, it will show that we are manned by tin men off no substance.

You would have to be partially sighted and have absolutely no understanding of the depth of how badly wrong things are to sit by as a blazer and maintain the status quo.

I suspect Fit is cruising, he has been marked absent for a couple of years barring a few banal pieces of nonsense. Kiss I believe truly believes he has a handle on things, not aware that his area of expertise is our greatest area of disaster and seemingly without a feckin' lulu as to how to fix the mess that he has created.

It is an incredible mess, nobody with Ulster's best interests at heart should stand by and do nothing if they have even the slightest influence. If we wait until the end of the season we just prolong the recovery period.

Now is the winter of our discontent - let it not be summer before the boil is excised.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
twiglet wrote:The board, whoever they are, will not get rid of Kiss. Look at their record. You have to do reasonably well before you get sacked at Ulster.

Ain't that the truth Twiggy. :thumleft: If they are not removed, for I doubt they have the honour or sense of responsibility to do the decent thing, it will show that we are manned by tin men off no substance.

You would have to be partially sighted and have absolutely no understanding of the depth of how badly wrong things are to sit by as a blazer and maintain the status quo.

I suspect Fit is cruising, he has been marked absent for a couple of years barring a few banal pieces of nonsense. Kiss I believe truly believes he has a handle on things, not aware that his area of expertise is our greatest area of disaster and seemingly without a feckin' lulu as to how to fix the mess that he has created.

It is an incredible mess, nobody with Ulster's best interests at heart should stand by and do nothing if they have even the slightest influence. If we wait until the end of the season we just prolong the recovery period.

Now is the winter of our discontent - let it not be summer before the boil is excised.
Baggy... unless Bryn does something then he is more of the same and I don’t mean announcing our new 10 at half time during that debacle.. Some at UR think throwing obscene money at a 10 for 3 months is the answer..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
UR13IRFU
Novice

Post by UR13IRFU »

Positive..time to cancel a few contracts, some don't deserve to play professional rugby

Positive...good to see Brown finally earning some of his £80k a year contract instead of playing UBL

Positive...KFC actually made it to two consecutive rucks :cheers: :red:
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Positive: Tommy has been playing well (says FOLK)

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk