So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Post by Tender »

Choke Tackle, Choke Tackle, Choke Tackle, Choke Tackle, Choke Tackle and a kick.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

ulster32 wrote:Having berated Les Kiss myself, I was chatting with a dog whom is very well connected with a senior member of the squad:- The problems lie deeper within the organisation than with Les Kiss, were his words :scratch:
The problems with the whole organisation at UR are relevant and should also be discussed at length. At the same time, whilst it is easy to understand how organisational issues can make the difference between competing for silverware and not, it is hard to see how they can be responsible for Ulster having a worse defence than Treviso this season; or for Ulster shipping 40+ points in Galway. I don't believe that all of Ulster's problems would be solved if Kiss is jettisoned but it also seems obvious to me that Kiss is certainly exacerbating the situation.
Vanhelsing
Novice

Post by Vanhelsing »

Am I wrong in thinking the supporters sometimes have meet ups at ravers with players n management to discuss everything Ulster rugby,well what’s the feed back from them and what is the problems and concerns with how’s the team underperforming season by season by season
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Stuart Lancaster in an enhanced role to that which he currently has at Leinster.

He created a conveyor belt of talent when overseeing the RFU youth infrastructure.

The skill levels of Leinsters handling has gone through the roof.

Soper
Agreed.

Get Soper involved somewhere, he’s far too good for schools and club rugby in Ulster. Arguably the best coach in province.

Ulster supporters looking quick fix and it isn’t going to happen. There is an extremely talented group of 18-21 year old and Ulster must insure they are given opportunities at the right time amongst experience. Ulster need to cut the dead weight that have bluffed careers and bleed Ulster dry.

The coaching/admin roles within the academy and senior set up have to be restructured with roles defined. Cut the blame game of last year within the setup.

From what I have heard Kiss is in charge of defence and attack. Rod for his own back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

ulster32 wrote:Having berated Les Kiss myself, I was chatting with a dog whom is very well connected with a senior member of the squad:- The problems lie deeper within the organisation than with Les Kiss, were his words :scratch:
Yes.........Logan.

I was having a conversation with another dog and they found it strange that GG and JD were never mentioned when it comes to people moving on.

The amount of injuries at ulster can’t just be bad luck. Can it?

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Thats a fair point, no one ever felt comfortable asking why our players break so easy.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Make Bryn DOR à la D Humph, let Gibbes, Peel and Dundon get on with coaching. One less salary.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

kingofthehill wrote:
Yes.........Logan.

I was having a conversation with another dog and they found it strange that GG and JD were never mentioned when it comes to people moving on.

An issue that I have raised before.. for the one part the length of time people stay in jobs and whether fresh faces and fresh ideas would improve the situation as things move forward. We do seem to have a lot of injuries but then again is there any data to compare against. I have read an RFU document on injuries, types etc including training but would like to see our stats as a comparison.

Secondly I also reported how players felt pressurised to play whilst injured by medical and management staff and was told I didn’t know what I was talking about... that despite it being backed up by a survey of professional rugby players in Ireland... I was advised that it never happened in Ulster which therefore highlights a greater problem having existing in the other three provinces because the figures were startling...

My personal view is that resting players as we do and bit part play them can contribute to injuries ... and to be honest whoever was responsible for instructing Rory to do what led to his returning back from Lions injury needs taken out and shot...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

justinr73 wrote:Edinburgh is dead nice though.

Is Mike Ford ruled out because he is a defence coach who played rugby league?

Mallinder has a pretty decent track record.

Both Northern English rather than Northern Irish but, hey, you can't have everything.
You have just become the stereotypical Englishman..... :D
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Vanhelsing wrote:Am I wrong in thinking the supporters sometimes have meet ups at ravers with players n management to discuss everything Ulster rugby,well what’s the feed back from them and what is the problems and concerns with how’s the team underperforming season by season by season
Ulster Rugby now sanatize those, no more difficult questions incase the poor dears have their feelings hurt rather than their egos messaged.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Inspector Brown
Novice

Post by Inspector Brown »

Cockatrice wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
Yes.........Logan.

An issue that I have raised before.. for the one part the length of time people stay in jobs and whether fresh faces and fresh ideas would improve the situation as things move forward. We do seem to have a lot of injuries but then again is there any data to compare against. I have read an RFU document on injuries, types etc including training but would like to see our stats as a comparison.

Secondly I also reported how players felt pressurised to play whilst injured by medical and management staff and was told I didn’t know what I was talking about... that despite it being backed up by a survey of professional rugby players in Ireland... I was advised that it never happened in Ulster which therefore highlights a greater problem having existing in the other three provinces because the figures were startling...

My personal view is that resting players as we do and bit part play them can contribute to injuries ... and to be honest whoever was responsible for instructing Rory to do what led to his returning back from Lions injury needs taken out and shot...
Read a report in the Sunday Times a few years back predicting a rash of joint injuries in professional sports involving a lot of impact. Rugby was cited as potentially the main problem area.
The report detailed evidence that suggested problem levels of strain on cartilage, tendons and ligaments causing massive joint instability. As athletes become increasingly powerful and develop greater muscle mass, the ability of joints to cope becomes compromised. Resulting in a much higher incidence of joint injury.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I don't think anyone doubts that, for instance, there is a huge problem named Logan who has served his time, 8 years this month if I'm accurate, & has offered nothing that I'm aware of for a few seasons, indeed the last thing I personally heard him say was his big fat whopper about John Afoa.

Neither do I think it ends there, however I would have been more interested in your tame dog's info if he had stated whether the player meant Kiss is a superb coach whom we all love as players, or whether he meant, yeah Kiss is a blithering idiot who couldn't find his arsehole even using both hands to search, but he's not the only issue.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

In other words he is doing most of Kiss and Logans jobs for them
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

scrum5 wrote:
justinr73 wrote:Edinburgh is dead nice though.

Is Mike Ford ruled out because he is a defence coach who played rugby league?

Mallinder has a pretty decent track record.

Both Northern English rather than Northern Irish but, hey, you can't have everything.
You have just become the stereotypical Englishman..... :D
Lionel, for that single post, I have to go a step further than Scrumptious and henceforth shall refer to you as Ron'n Jr. Have at thee sirrah.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.