Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ADM
Initiate

Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Post by ADM »

Hi folks,

This is Adam McKendry from the Belfast Telegraph bringing you something brand new that we hope you will get on board with.

As part of our rugby coverage we've decided to set up a podcast featuring myself, our rugby correspondent Jonathan Bradley and hosted by our colleague Gareth Hanna where we discuss all of the rugby topics surrounding Ulster.

We are committed to making this a weekly release and we'll be wanting to hear from you in terms of what you liked, what you disliked, want to hear us discussing in the future, or potential questions that you want us to answer in a Q&A section we'll be adding into future podcasts. After all, this is something we're doing for you the fans so we want to make sure you're enjoying it!

Please have a listen - it's just shy of half an hour long so it's perfect for your commute into work - and all feedback, positive or negative, or suggestions are greatly appreciated as we hope to bring you something you'll enjoy listening to every week!

This week features:
- A look back at the win over the Scarlets and an emotional night remembering Nevin Spence
- A look ahead to a game against a severely weakened Dragons team with an interview from Wiehahn Herbst
- Our club rugby game of the week
- An interview with new Academy fly-half Angus Curtis, who has joined from Zimbabwe and will be playing his club rugby with Queen's

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... 155141.ece
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Post by damianmcr »

Enjoyed it.

Obligatory, is it on TV?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Will it be posted to iTunes where we can auto download when released?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
ADM
Initiate

Post by ADM »

Russ wrote:Will it be posted to iTunes where we can auto download when released?

This week's is only on the website as it is a pilot, but we'll be putting them on iTunes as soon as we possibly can, hopefully starting with next week's. We'll also be putting it onto Acast for those who use it instead.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Looks weak
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Glad to see something like this Adam, will listen to it in the morning. I've wondered why the TV companies, BBC through its various bits of regional coverage or SKY who need to fill schedules have not delivered a magazine programme throughout the season.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Hi Adam

Firstly, well done to you and the rest of the guys for putting this together. A great idea for us fans and a good length. Like the idea of a player feature each week or fortnight, like you did with Stockdale. Would be interested in coming weeks to hear for example Cooney's thoughts on settling in at Ulster, Matty Rea on making the transition into the main squad and maybe discuss what you think Peel amd Gibbes are bringing to the table.

A few other thoughts/suggestions from me :-

As well as reviewing the previous week's game it would be good to hear your thoughts on selection for the following week, when there is another game on. Particularly interesting when we soon move from the early season notion of giving players some gametime to (hopefully) some more consistent selection.

How about some short features from time to time like "this week's talking point from the world of rugby" where you do a short piece on say SOB's comments about the Lions, the state of SA rugby after the All Blacks hammering or whatever.

Having an "expert/pundit" to join from time to time, particularly if discussing some of the more controversial issues. (Ulster performances/results, matchday experience, pir lack of depth in certain positions, lack of academy players coming through vs other provinces etc).

As i said, great idea and good of you to seek feedback (although also brave of you asking for feedback on here!). Good luck with the project.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Perhaps a segment on up and coming rappers who are using their talent to help their team but don't get much thanks.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

More than happy to be a pundit

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It could feature a different UAFC poster each week. Russ, baggy, rum, bazzaj, cockatrice, rooster etc...
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

.... We are getting reports in that Adam has done his ACL in ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cornerfleg wrote:.... We are getting reports in that Adam has done his ACL in ...
He should have been rested.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:.... We are getting reports in that Adam has done his ACL in ...
He should have been rested.
Correct - It was rotation wot dun it

Resting would have been better.

Rotation puts strains on the joints
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote:Perhaps a segment on up and coming rappers who are using their talent to help their team but don't get much thanks.
Just make sure you continue to spell rappers with a double p, losing a p could lead to another Ulster rugby media scandal.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote:Perhaps a segment on up and coming rappers who are using their talent to help their team but don't get much thanks.
Just make sure you continue to spell rappers with a double p, losing a p could lead to another Ulster rugby media scandal.
Lol