If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Post by BaggyTrousers »

HairyJ wrote:
Dave wrote:
Shan wrote:
therealspratt wrote: It's more accurate to say that if Furlong were an Ulsterman he'd still be playing GAA. Ulster's problem isn't so much with top tier talents like Ferris, Best and Henderson but rather bringing through lads whose talents at least don't immediately reveal themselves to be at that level, as well as talent identification outside the traditional talent pools.
The Ulster teams are a blight on the game of gaelic football. I wish the fecking Ulster branch would get out there and make these nord-muck savages into rugby players. Both games could reap the benefit.
I think Tyrone will win the all ireland. Just the dubs to beat in the semis. They will hammer Kerry/mayo in the final.
This is the one and only time I've ever wanted Tyrone to win anything.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Aye, me too Hairy, sure what could bate a good pinch up on the train home, and if some wee girl gets a punch in the mouth, sure she was probably asking for it, bitch.

Hard to tell GAA fans from wendyball fans. :roll: You wouldn't wish either on a Jehovahs witness.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
HairyJ wrote:
Dave wrote:
Shan wrote:
therealspratt wrote: It's more accurate to say that if Furlong were an Ulsterman he'd still be playing GAA. Ulster's problem isn't so much with top tier talents like Ferris, Best and Henderson but rather bringing through lads whose talents at least don't immediately reveal themselves to be at that level, as well as talent identification outside the traditional talent pools.
The Ulster teams are a blight on the game of gaelic football. I wish the fecking Ulster branch would get out there and make these nord-muck savages into rugby players. Both games could reap the benefit.
I think Tyrone will win the all ireland. Just the dubs to beat in the semis. They will hammer Kerry/mayo in the final.
This is the one and only time I've ever wanted Tyrone to win anything.

Aye, me too Hairy, sure what could bate a good pinch up on the train home, and if some wee girl gets a punch in the mouth, sure she was probably asking for it, bitch.

Hard to tell GAA fans from wendyball fans. :roll: You wouldn't wish either on a Jehovahs witness.
That's not the norm so not really fair to portray it as such. I've been going to games for 25 years and the only fight I've seen was in the late 90's. Unlike soccer, there's no segregation at the games either.

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I'm remember some quite unsavoury behavior on a train back from a certain Heineken cup semi-final.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:I'm remember some quite unsavoury behavior on a train back from a certain Heineken cup semi-final.
Part time big game supporters?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:I'm remember some quite unsavoury behavior on a train back from a certain Heineken cup semi-final.
Part time big game supporters?
GAA fans
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Only slightly serious Hairy but there are pretty regular mass brawls, just like rugby but quite often the sidelines seem to get into the scrap too. Maybe it's the way forward, lose Kiss in a brawling death. FOLK.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

HairyJ wrote:Behave yourself. Most of the southern teams aren't much better, in reality.

Only joking of course. The standard overall is terrible at the moment. Still now we are down to the 4 best teams we may see some fireworks at last. I think Kerry will have enough to beat Mayo but the other one is harder to call. Dublin are the best team in terms of natural ability but Tyrone are probably the best team in terms of tactical awareness. They could shut Dublin down and manage to beat them. If they do I would fancy them to win the final.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Only slightly serious Hairy but there are pretty regular mass brawls, just like rugby but quite often the sidelines seem to get into the scrap too. Maybe it's the way forward, lose Kiss in a brawling death. FOLK.
Yerra there's nathin wrong with fellas havin' an owl swipe at each other now and again. Generally if one of the coaching team starts getting too excitable they will get a ban......except if it happens to be Brian Cody who can do what he likes......kind of like Alex Ferguson in soccer a few years ago.

Poor auld Davy Fitz got 8 weeks for coming on the pitch and squaring up to a few Tipp ballixes. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqXDGqQjuxQ
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Shan wrote:
HairyJ wrote:Behave yourself. Most of the southern teams aren't much better, in reality.

Only joking of course. The standard overall is terrible at the moment. Still now we are down to the 4 best teams we may see some fireworks at last. I think Kerry will have enough to beat Mayo but the other one is harder to call. Dublin are the best team in terms of natural ability but Tyrone are probably the best team in terms of tactical awareness. They could shut Dublin down and manage to beat them. If they do I would fancy them to win the final.
Aye I think Kerry are too good for Mayo. Big Donaghy will bum that full back line into oblivion. Agree totally about the other game too, I think Dublin will win but I feel like Tyrone are the only team who could possibly beat them.

HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Only slightly serious Hairy but there are pretty regular mass brawls, just like rugby but quite often the sidelines seem to get into the scrap too. Maybe it's the way forward, lose Kiss in a brawling death. FOLK.
Plenty of shemozzles on the pitch but rarely any off it. Hard to beat a good 30 man shemozzle, gets the aul pulse racing.

Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Shan wrote:but the other one is harder to call. Dublin are the best team in terms of natural ability but Tyrone are probably the best team in terms of tactical awareness. They could shut Dublin down and manage to beat them. If they do I would fancy them to win the final.
Aye, the winner will come from Tyrone & Dubs.

Hard to pick a winner. Think this could be the Dubs biggest challenge in the last couple of years. Tyrone are good enough to take them on and won't brad pitt themselves like Mayo.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Oh and Furlong isn't really a Mexican...

He's more like Nicaraguan or something. :D
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Connolly is back for the dubs so it will probably swing it for them. I think this Tyrone team will win an all Ireland for Mickey Harte, at some point. They have some great players attacking players: Sludden, Peter Harte, wee Mark Bradley, Mattie Donnelly etc.