If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dublin4 wrote:The fact is he is not an Ulsterman so get over it! He is a Wexford yella belly like Gordon Darcy.

Hardly any of the Leinster squad are from Dublin 4, contrary to mythology.

The rise of St Michael's College in recent years has meant that there are today players who hail from the illustrious postal district but a few years ago there wasn't a single player who lived in or came from D4.
Lick the back of my sack
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Dublin4 wrote:The fact is he is not an Ulsterman so get over it! He is a Wexford yella belly like Gordon Darcy.

Hardly any of the Leinster squad are from Dublin 4, contrary to mythology.

The rise of St Michael's College in recent years has meant that there are today players who hail from the illustrious postal district but a few years ago there wasn't a single player who lived in or came from D4.
You have totally missed the tone of this thread.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

there'd be no need for Oh No.....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

If Tadhg was born in Ulster he would now be playing for Exeter.........or Jersey
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

jackthelad wrote:If Tadhg was born in Ulster he would now be playing for Exeter.........or Jersey
The two months wait for your thoughts were well worth it Jack...... absolute lad. :thumleft: :duck:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

jackthelad wrote:If Tadhg was born in Ulster he would now be playing for Exeter.........or Jersey
To hell or Connacht

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I'm a bit late to this but I do think some of you lot are too dismissive about Ulster. In the last 10 years or so you've had just two home grown players who could, by any sane stretch, be considered in Furlong's league - Best and Ferris. In both cases Ulster did a reasonable job of not obstructing international class players from realising their potential at both Ulster level and more importantly at the top level.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Shan wrote:I'm a bit late to this but I do think some of you lot are too dismissive about Ulster. In the last 10 years or so you've had just two home grown players who could, by any sane stretch, be considered in Furlong's league - Best and Ferris. In both cases Ulster did a reasonable job of not obstructing international class players from realising their potential at both Ulster level and more importantly at the top level.
It's more accurate to say that if Furlong were an Ulsterman he'd still be playing GAA. Ulster's problem isn't so much with top tier talents like Ferris, Best and Henderson but rather bringing through lads whose talents at least don't immediately reveal themselves to be at that level, as well as talent identification outside the traditional talent pools.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

therealspratt wrote:
Shan wrote:I'm a bit late to this but I do think some of you lot are too dismissive about Ulster. In the last 10 years or so you've had just two home grown players who could, by any sane stretch, be considered in Furlong's league - Best and Ferris. In both cases Ulster did a reasonable job of not obstructing international class players from realising their potential at both Ulster level and more importantly at the top level.
It's more accurate to say that if Furlong were an Ulsterman he'd still be playing GAA. Ulster's problem isn't so much with top tier talents like Ferris, Best and Henderson but rather bringing through lads whose talents at least don't immediately reveal themselves to be at that level, as well as talent identification outside the traditional talent pools.
Turned away Bealham, Carey, and a lad who never even got as far but started in the Super Rugby final for Lions Jacques van Rooyan who played in Armagh but was here long enough to be IQ yet we do these "worldwide" searches for players
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

therealspratt wrote: It's more accurate to say that if Furlong were an Ulsterman he'd still be playing GAA. Ulster's problem isn't so much with top tier talents like Ferris, Best and Henderson but rather bringing through lads whose talents at least don't immediately reveal themselves to be at that level, as well as talent identification outside the traditional talent pools.
The Ulster teams are a blight on the game of gaelic football. I wish the fecking Ulster branch would get out there and make these nord-muck savages into rugby players. Both games could reap the benefit.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
therealspratt wrote: It's more accurate to say that if Furlong were an Ulsterman he'd still be playing GAA. Ulster's problem isn't so much with top tier talents like Ferris, Best and Henderson but rather bringing through lads whose talents at least don't immediately reveal themselves to be at that level, as well as talent identification outside the traditional talent pools.
The Ulster teams are a blight on the game of gaelic football. I wish the fecking Ulster branch would get out there and make these nord-muck savages into rugby players. Both games could reap the benefit.
I think Tyrone will win the all ireland. Just the dubs to beat in the semis. They will hammer Kerry/mayo in the final.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Shhhush Dave, they don't like to mention Tir Eoghain, sure it's not like they ever won anything...
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Shan wrote:
Behave yourself. Most of the southern teams aren't much better, in reality.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
HairyJ
Initiate

Post by HairyJ »

Dave wrote:
Shan wrote:
I think Tyrone will win the all ireland. Just the dubs to beat in the semis. They will hammer Kerry/mayo in the final.
This is the one and only time I've ever wanted Tyrone to win anything.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

If anyone's to beat the Dubs it's Tyrone, even still, struggle to see us doing it though. What a way it would be for Cavanagh to go out though.