If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Post by Cockatrice »

Would he still be on a development contract or would he have played for the Ravens and maybe got 2 mins against the baabaas by now?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: If Tadgh Furlong was an Ulsterman?

Post by UlsterNo9 »

I suppose you could only really compare Furlongs trajectory to Iain Henderson, Henderson being the only homegrown international standard forward Ulster have produced in recent times to draw comparison against.

Henderson made his Ulster debut at 20 in the spring of 2012 and was capped in autumn of the same year.

Furlong was also 20 when he made his provinvial debut but unlike Henderson didn't get his international chance until some two years later.

Both made the Lions in the same available cycle. On par.

I just present the evidence.... draw your own conclusions.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Even we couldn't fcuk up a talent like Furlong. He is by far and away my favourite Leinster based player. He's a complete tonic to the D4 snobbery and the polar opposite of that skanger thug Healy. Just a nice person and a fantastic player. That's a rare combo in Irish rugby.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

'Skanger Thug' ... oh er Missus I love it. I almost over-dunked a hob-knob.
When you say Tadgh is your favourite Leinster based player, you don't actually mean that you like him! You likely mean he'd be last in line, a line consisting their entire squad, to be smacked about the head with an ex-snatch squad baton? Nobody really likes them.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Tighter End wrote:'Skanger Thug' ... oh er Missus I love it. I almost over-dunked a hob-knob.
When you say Tadgh is your favourite Leinster based player, you don't actually mean that you like him! You likely mean he'd be last in line, a line consisting their entire squad, to be smacked about the head with an ex-snatch squad baton? Nobody really likes them.
He is barely a Leinster man. Where he's from is probably closer to Cork than Dublin. He's even got a bogger accent.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:
Tighter End wrote:'Skanger Thug' ... oh er Missus I love it. I almost over-dunked a hob-knob.
He is barely a Leinster man. Where he's from is probably closer to Cork than Dublin. He's even got a bogger accent.
That is as may be Dave but let's examine basics.

Mexicans:

Rule 1) Only good Mexican dead Mexican

Rule 2) See rule 1.

You are in breach of Ulster-Mexican Relations Guidelines, please take a while to reconsider your attitude. :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way, "bogger accent", I'm liking your work. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:

Mexicans:

Rule 2) See rule 1.

You are in breach of Ulster-Mexican Relations Guidelines, please take a while to reconsider your attitude. Image Image Image

By the way, "bogger accent", I'm liking your work. Image
He has west Cork connections. He has a big fcuk off Fenian name and he played GAA. Not like Tommy Bowe, he actually played. Also his dad was a farmer, so he probably stole land off some planter kunt. In many ways he's actually a Donegal man. Ulster thru n thru!
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Dave wrote:Even we couldn't fcuk up a talent like Furlong.
I would contest that.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Cockatrice wrote:Would he still be on a development contract or would he have played for the Ravens and maybe got 2 mins against the baabaas by now?
Cockers by the way I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment of your question or the logic behind it, what I would like to know is who you feel is not being given the opportunities that they should?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Furlong is a class act.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:

Mexicans:

Rule 2) See rule 1.

You are in breach of Ulster-Mexican Relations Guidelines, please take a while to reconsider your attitude. Image Image Image

He has west Cork connections. He has a big fcuk off Fenian name and he played GAA. Not like Tommy Bowe, he actually played. Also his dad was a farmer, so he probably stole land off some planter kunt. In many ways he's actually a Donegal man. Ulster thru n thru!
Actually quite a few of the Furlongs down there are Church of Ireland and all the ones I know are decent spuds.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:

Mexicans:

Rule 2) See rule 1.

Actually quite a few of the Furlongs down there are Church of Ireland and all the ones I know are decent spuds.
Nah Rooster you're confusing them with the Murphys, they are dacent spuds. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Cockatrice wrote:Would he still be on a development contract or would he have played for the Ravens and maybe got 2 mins against the baabaas by now?
Missing the real question here, would he have had the diddies to match Kyle?
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

The fact is he is not an Ulsterman so get over it! He is a Wexford yella belly like Gordon Darcy.

Hardly any of the Leinster squad are from Dublin 4, contrary to mythology.

The rise of St Michael's College in recent years has meant that there are today players who hail from the illustrious postal district but a few years ago there wasn't a single player who lived in or came from D4.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:The fact is he is not an Ulsterman so get over it! He is a Wexford yella belly like Gordon Darcy.

Hardly any of the Leinster squad are from Dublin 4, contrary to mythology.

The rise of St Michael's College in recent years has meant that there are today players who hail from the illustrious postal district but a few years ago there wasn't a single player who lived in or came from D4.
Nobody likes you
feck off

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk