Ulster v Cardiff & yes it's on TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Cardiff & yes it's on TV

Post by Dave »

Centres are fcuked in our current defensive system.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:Centres are fcuked in our current defensive system.
Our current defensive system is fcuked
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
Our whole setup is fcuked.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Our whole setup is fcuked.
Right from bottom to top, clubs through to professional
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

We have a system?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Tighter End wrote:We have a system?
We've no defence.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Our drift defence requires a back row that can move with the defence. On Friday night, our back row consisted of the mobile Sean Reidy and two traffic cones. A drift defence that is hobbled and can't drift is a recipe for defeat.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:Our drift defence requires a back row that can move with the defence. On Friday night, our back row consisted of the mobile Sean Reidy and two traffic cones. A drift defence that is hobbled and can't drift is a recipe for defeat.
Most of the resources of our pack are often tied up, they usually find it difficult to contain the opposition pack. Especially if they have any ball carriers of note. We then bunch up around the ruck and we are too stretched in midfield. Centres are fecked and then usually face individual criticism from the experts on here.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Snipe Watson wrote:Our drift defence requires a back row that can move with the defence. On Friday night, our back row consisted of the mobile Sean Reidy and two traffic cones. A drift defence that is hobbled and can't drift is a recipe for defeat.
One of which was an increasingly poor and immobile Henderson. At least Roger has an excuse- what's Hendo's? He needs a lie in? :scratch:
Exterminate all rational thought
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:
Most of the resources of our pack are often tied up, they usually find it difficult to contain the opposition pack. Especially if they have any ball carriers of note. We then bunch up around the ruck and we are too stretched in midfield. Centres are fecked and then usually face individual criticism from the experts on here.
Correct.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
One of which was an increasingly poor and immobile Henderson. At least Roger has an excuse- what's Hendo's? He needs a lie in? :scratch:
He's looking more like a second row every game.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Dave wrote:
So Olding and Marshall bear no responsibility Dave :scratch: ? SO has offered little recently in the centre at a time when Ulster need these guys to stand up and be counted. He offered little going forward, regardless of any the defensive issues, for a guy lauded for supposed creativity and skill. Over the recent games he's started, he's had plenty of ball, but done little with it other than step into traffic- madness given the quality of Cardiffs backrow and the wingers at our disposal. He was continually creamed one on one- you make it sound as if he was defending Rorke's drift.

Id take Ludik and Cave in centre atm just to shore it up, or Stockdale for the form and dynamism missing currently. Bizarre Stockdale is not starting, end of.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Dave wrote:
So Olding and Marshall bear no responsibility Dave :scratch: ?
I didn't say that. They are not bad defenders. A blind monkey can see that this current defensive system is brutal.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

I agree with you on that. Regardless of the detail, theres no arguing that its a rudderless unhappy low on confidence camp despite the hollow optimism of LK et al.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Dave wrote:
So Olding and Marshall bear no responsibility Dave :scratch: ? SO has offered little recently in the centre at a time when Ulster need these guys to stand up and be counted. He offered little going forward, regardless of any the defensive issues, for a guy lauded for supposed creativity and skill. Over the recent games he's started, he's had plenty of ball, but done little with it other than step into traffic- madness given the quality of Cardiffs backrow and the wingers at our disposal. He was continually creamed one on one- you make it sound as if he was defending Rorke's drift.

Id take Ludik and Cave in centre atm just to shore it up, or Stockdale for the form and dynamism missing currently. Bizarre Stockdale is not starting, end of.
Olding frustrates the life out of me. He is a prodigiously talented kid, but he's continually overplaying what's in front of him. Needs to add some better decision making to the talent and he'll be good to go.
As for the responsibility, question, I'll let Dave speak for himself, but in my view they stand or fall as a team. The obvious issue was a porous midfield, but that may have been a symptom rather than the root cause.
We all know what a bad tackler looks like, and neither Olding nor Marshall fit that bill. For me, we're still hampered by the same problem as during the Autumn.