Connacht 16/17

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Connacht 16/17

Post by Russ »

And Doak?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Good appointment, Pro12 awash with good coaches, we might even say that about Ulster next year.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Zebre:15 Dion Berryman 14 Mattia Bellini 13 Tommaso Boni 12 Tommaso Castello 11 Lloyd Greeff 10 Serafin Bordoli
9 Guglielmo Palazzani 8 Federico Ruzza 7 Gideon Koegelenberg 6 Matteo Cornelli 5 Valerio Bernabò (c) 4 Quintin Geldenhuys 3 Dario Chistolini 2 Oliviero Fabiani 1 Bruno Postiglioni

16 Tommaso D’Apice 17 Andrea De Marchi 18 Bartholomeus Le Roux 19 Joshua Furno 20 Matteo Archetti 21 Carlo Engelbrecht 22 Matteo Pratichetti 23 Guillermo Roan

The European game this season in the Sportsground between these 2 finished up 66-21, should be a comfortable win for the Westies who aren't totally out of the race for 6th, only 7 behind Glasgow with the rearranged game in Parma being played at the start of April (assuming Zebre are still functioning :shock: )
Last edited by Neill_M on Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Interesting to see Marmion released back but not Paddy :duck:
Finished
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Two Connacht players close to axe attack in Dusseldorf tonight.

http://www.the42.ie/jake-heenan-dominic ... 5-Mar2017/
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Two Connacht players close to axe attack in Dusseldorf tonight.

http://www.the42.ie/jake-heenan-dominic ... 5-Mar2017/
I think the comments sum that story up perfectly.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Immigrants?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Dave wrote:Immigrants?
Not sure if the Connacht players could be considered immigrants - It's more likely they were just on holiday there :roll:

Seriously. People seem to now use the term "immigrant" like a dirty word. It just describes people living in a country other than the one they were born in. Like Baggy will be when he finally stops talking about it and actually moves to Spain :stir: :lol:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

pwrmoore wrote:
Not sure if the Connacht players could be considered immigrants - It's more likely they were just on holiday there :roll:

Seriously. People seem to now use the term "immigrant" like a dirty word. It just describes people living in a country other than the one they were born in. Like Baggy will be when he finally stops talking about it and actually moves to Spain :stir: Image
Lol.

Reminds me of this...

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/02/10/bri ... hospitals/
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

pwrmoore wrote:

Seriously. People seem to now use the term "immigrant" like a dirty word. It just describes people living in a country other than the one they were born in. Like Baggy will be when he finally stops talking about it and actually moves to Spain :stir: Image
Or Ruan
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Must win for the Westies if they want to catch Scarlets for automatic Heiny Qualification next year. It's a long shot, playoff spot looking more likely.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote:Image

Must win for the Westies if they want to catch Scarlets for automatic Heiny Qualification next year. It's a long shot, playoff spot looking more likely.
Shirley they only need to catch us.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Six of one...need to overtake ourselves/Scarlets. Glasgow in as best Scottish team. We have a 18 point lead on them, think we will be ok even though they have a game v Zebre in hand >EW

Will be in a playoff v the 7th AP side (currently Quins) or the 7th Top 14 side (currently ST) most likely. Cardiff likely to be the other Pro 12 side in the playoffs, unless Edinburgh win the Challenge Cup.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote:Six of one...
I wish it were that close.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Westies playing their game in hand in Parma on Sat (Not on TV):

Zebre: 15 Dion Berryman 14 Kayle Van Zyl 13 Giulio Bisegni 12 Tommaso Boni 11 Lloyd Greeff 10 Carlo Canna 9 Marcello Violi
8 Federico Ruzza 7 Derick Minnie 6 Joshua Furno 5 George Biagi (c) 4 Gideon Koegelenberg 3 Dario Chistolini 2 Tommaso D’Apice 1 Andrea Lovotti

16 Sidney Tobias 17 Andrea De Marchi 18 Pietro Ceccarelli 19 Valerio Bernabò 20 Oliviero Fabiani 21 Guglielmo Palazzani
22 Matteo Pratichetti 23 Edoardo Padovani

Strange one for the Westies. Probably going into the end of season playoffs for the Not the Heiny. A win will increase the gap over Cardiff. The way the playoff is designed, the only way to get home advantage in the final is to be the worse Pro 12 side and play the AP side:

19/20/21 May 2017

Play-off 1: Aviva Premiership (currently Saints) v Guinness PRO12 (currently Cardiff/Edinburgh if they win Not the Amlin)
Play-off 2: TOP 14 (currently UBB) v Guinness PRO12 (currently Connacht)

The Premiership and TOP 14 clubs will have home advantage

26/27/28 May 2017
Play-off Final: winner Play-off 1 v winner Play-off 2

So if you want home field advantage in final, need to finish in the worse Pro 12 playoff spot.