Bad News Day for the DUPers.

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Bad News Day for the DUPers.

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well, it's not looking like a good day for the DUP.

Nolan is doing public service this morning on the free money for burning wood scheme.

1) The DUPers gave him a response to some questions
2) Nolan has evidence that their response is inaccurate/a pack of lies
3) The DUPers have withdrawn their earlier response/pack of lies.

There is an old saw that says "If something looks too good to be true, it is too good to be true". I understand that all reference sources who detail said old saw are today altering it as follows: "If something looks too good to be true, it is too good to be true, unless it is a scheme administered by the DUP"

Further amusing detail on the hot air scheme. Draft audit from PWC says only 46% of boilers comply with the scheme. Some boilers have been installed in someone else's' property giving them free heat and the profit to the boiler owner.

Nolan claiming even bigger revelation tomorrow.

Arlene out. DUP eh?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Re: Bad News Day for the DUPers.

Post by Gary »

I really am beginning to like the fat boy. He went to a good school I suspect.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Dunlambert Boys I believe.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Well, it's not looking like a good day for the DUP.

Nolan is doing public service this morning on the free money for burning wood scheme.

There is an old saw that says "If something looks too good to be true, it is too good to be true". I understand that all reference sources who detail said old saw are today altering it as follows: "If something looks too good to be true, it is too good to be true, unless it is a scheme administered by the DUP"

Further amusing detail on the hot air scheme. Draft audit from PWC says only 46% of boilers comply with the scheme. Some boilers have been installed in someone else's' property giving them free heat and the profit to the boiler owner.

Arlene out. DUP eh?
There is also a bit of a strange one that so far 14 have been found to be fraudster use yet only 5 of those have suspended payments !

Never mind the DUP bashing what about those civil servants who made the balls to start with and continued to get promoted since ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rooster wrote: Never mind the DUP bashing what about those civil servants who made the balls to start with and continued to get promoted since ?
How else are they going to get them out of those key jobs :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Standard Civil Service practice Rooster. If you want rid of somebody, promote them and move them to greener pastures.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:

Arlene out. DUP eh?
There is also a bit of a strange one that so far 14 have been found to be fraudster use yet only 5 of those have suspended payments !

Never mind the DUP bashing what about those civil servants who made the balls to start with and continued to get promoted since ?
Did you listen to the Fat Boy Rooster? He was making the point that he is not absolving civil servants but it is very clear that the DUPers have been deflecting all blame towards them & he is exposing the fact that this is a crock of shyte, he is also promising the biggest revelation is yet to come & with my fertile imagination, I can only assuming it goes to the door of smug, crown wearing Mrs Arlene Fascist herself.

Given how she has become increasingly smug since taking over from Peter, Peter wife ................etc etc , and how she has also become massively condescending to anyone with the temerity to question her on any subject, I would love to see her fall on her smug arsepiece.

Final decisions are not made by civil servants, they are made by ministers, the DUPers are very fond of offloading any hint of blame no matter how inextricably tied to any given scandal

There are other issues I'd love to come to the fore, like which DUPer or DUPers friend, relative, constituent owned that hugely expensive small strip of ground we had to purchase for access up near the north coast, or maybe how come we sold off a clatter of land for buttons, who benefitted?

I have to say I wouldn't trust any DUPer to run down til the shap, buy me a Paris bun & give me the correct change out of a ten spot. They'd probably find a bit in the bible to cover the shortfall. >threaten
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

So, Mrs A Fascist "fought" to keep the scheme open.

Forecast: Hot DUP Air expect to blow steadily, gusting to gale force.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-i ... s-38312906
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Standard Civil Service practice Rooster. If you want rid of somebody, promote them and move them to greener pastures.
Which is totally wrong, remember not only do you get a pay rise on promotion but you also get a fatter pension, if the same people were in the private sector they would be lucky to have a job the next morning never mind a pay rise and bigger pension and perhaps if the civil service was the same then the people involved would take more care and pride in their work and not cost the country millions in the process.
This is one big high profile mistake but I am pretty sure if you added up the rest of the errors over the past 5 years you would come up with a similar amount of money wasted through incompetence, in fact when I think about it £400 million over 20 years is £20 million a year so it wouldn't take much digging to find another batch of feckups to match that figure each year and every year.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Arlene out. DUP eh?

Did you listen to the Fat Boy Rooster? He was making the point that he is not absolving civil servants but it is very clear that the DUPers have been deflecting all blame towards them & he is exposing the fact that this is a crock of shyte, he is also promising the biggest revelation is yet to come & with my fertile imagination, I can only assuming it goes to the door of smug, crown wearing Mrs Arlene Fascist herself.

Given how she has become increasingly smug since taking over from Peter, Peter wife ................etc etc , and how she has also become massively condescending to anyone with the temerity to question her on any subject, I would love to see her fall on her smug arsepiece.

Final decisions are not made by civil servants, they are made by ministers, the DUPers are very fond of offloading any hint of blame no matter how inextricably tied to any given scandal

There are other issues I'd love to come to the fore, like which DUPer or DUPers friend, relative, constituent owned that hugely expensive small strip of ground we had to purchase for access up near the north coast, or maybe how come we sold off a clatter of land for buttons, who benefitted?

I have to say I wouldn't trust any DUPer to run down til the shap, buy me a Paris bun & give me the correct change out of a ten spot. They'd probably find a bit in the bible to cover the shortfall. >threaten
Didn't hear the past 2 days of Fat Boy yet but will listen later, was out earning a crust to pay my impending tax bill to keep those other feckers in a job.
I would extend it outside the DUP and include others as culpable, not necessarily in this one but in others, then add in some of their special advisors of dubious quality and qualifications, plus advisors in to make a fast buck themselves and the system is rotten, in my own view though the DUP system is a bit more rotten than the others and the system is getting worse by the year.
Rory Best
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

The real meat in this story will be who pushed to keep the scheme going and who got in because of it. Looks though like the shinners will keep arlene in a job, as they have no interest in seeing her go.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

jean valjean wrote:The real meat in this story will be who pushed to keep the scheme going and who got in because of it. Looks though like the shinners will keep arlene in a job, as they have no interest in seeing her go.
Fat Boy sounded extra pleased about tomorrow's edition when the shyte will hit the expelair. My money is on Arlene Fascist, they have already said they had evidence of a row between her and that other smug dickhead the then minister & given it was he who wanted it shut down, logic suggests it was probably Arlene who wanted and got a 2 week extension.

Of course we have been told Arlene's brother is one of the scheme's happy recipients, I would dearly love to know when he applied. Then again say what you like about her but I've never taken her as an idiot, so it would hardly be something so blatant.

Whatever the scoop tomorrow, I'd guess there may well be a disproportionate number of DUPers benefiting but of course that is a biased guess.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
jean valjean wrote:The real meat in this story will be who pushed to keep the scheme going and who got in because of it. Looks though like the shinners will keep arlene in a job, as they have no interest in seeing her go.
Fat Boy sounded extra pleased about tomorrow's edition when the shyte will hit the expelair. My money is on Arlene Fascist, they have already said they had evidence of a row between her and that other smug dickhead the then minister & given it was he who wanted it shut down, logic suggests it was probably Arlene who wanted and got a 2 week extension.

Of course we have been told Arlene's brother is one of the scheme's happy recipients, I would dearly love to know when he applied. Then again say what you like about her but I've never taken her as an idiot, so it would hardly be something so blatant.

Whatever the scoop tomorrow, I'd guess there may well be a disproportionate number of DUPers benefiting but of course that is a biased guess.
I don't understand why the data protection act comes into this yet all farm subsides and payments are published online, plus things like borehole licences, incinerator licences etc etc
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Absolutely, that was brought up on Fat Boys show that the farm subsidy does not allow anonymity so why should other recipients of public funds? Simple, they shouldn't.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Absolutely, that was brought up on Fat Boys show that the farm subsidy does not allow anonymity so why should other recipients of public funds? Simple, they shouldn't.
SAF 1 Section 8 ­ Personal Data ­ Privacy Notice
Section 8 advises you that we can use the information on your form for legitimate purposes in line with the Data Protection Act 1998, Freedom of Information Act 2000 and Environmental Information Regulations 2004. Legislation to be introduced by the European Commission in 2014 will change the way Members States are required to publish details of the amounts paid to CAP claimants. This is explained at Section 8 of the SAF 1 and at Section 2 of this Guide
In laymans terms, if you don't agree to this we won't pay you.

If you want to be arsed searching the database to see who got what http://cap-payments.defra.gov.uk/Default.aspx

It is interesting as most people think it is all farmers who get the agricultural subsidies but there is a diverse bunch of recipients as can be seen from the examples, these were 2014 figures from a press article
Some of Northern Ireland’s largest recipients included Dungannon based Countryside Services Ltd (£1,977,103.51), Ballymena Borough Council (£1,023,493.74), Cookstown District Council (£1,364,748.82), Fermanagh District Council (£1,361,295.31), Lisburn City Council (£1,075,394.75), and Northway Mushrooms, Blackwatertown (£1,135,788.02).

Other groups or organisations which received substantial payments included Killyleagh Football Club (£121,263.28), the Boys Brigade (£116,420.56), and Hillsborough Scout & Community Hall Group (£198,450.00).
Rory Best