Modern Supporter Question

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UpAtSix
Initiate

Re: Modern Supporter Question

Post by UpAtSix »

Ignorant but willing supporters eventually become decently knowledgable supporters. We were all rugby novices at some stage, and I try to help those asking about rules and decisions etc. I've never really lost patience with fellow supporters except for a dumb few who booed one of our own players.

Maybe I'm one of those plied with drink annoying others! If so, sincere apologies
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Wee Woman wrote:
big mervyn wrote:The thought of a annoying neighbours is one of the things that woirrys me when the auld knees necessitate a move to the stands.
Been there, done that.

We moved up to the old grandstand about 6 seasons ago, one year we had Mr Ah God (no relation to Rodders), a miserable doomster who would probably have been better off watching the games from behind his sofa. We might have stuck him for 2 seasons actually.

Before the old stand came down we were surrounded by half time kids teams, most were ok but there was a fair number of annoying wee squirts who couldn't behave, sit down or sit still. I had to have a word on more than a few occasions. Thank god they relocated to the Family Stand as I couldn't have stuck much more of that.

We now have a Jim Neilly wannabe behind us, full match commentary, every game. He's not as bad as the previous 2 but it does a grate a bit at times. The band annoys me more in fairness.

We'll see what the renewal prices are before we gamble on another move Image
Jaysus Wee Woman you sound like a female version of Victor Meldrew :lol: :lol: ;)
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

thecrouch wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
big mervyn wrote:The thought of a annoying neighbours is one of the things that woirrys me when the auld knees necessitate a move to the stands.
Been there, done that.

We moved up to the old grandstand about 6 seasons ago, one year we had Mr Ah God (no relation to Rodders), a miserable doomster who would probably have been better off watching the games from behind his sofa. We might have stuck him for 2 seasons actually.

Before the old stand came down we were surrounded by half time kids teams, most were ok but there was a fair number of annoying wee squirts who couldn't behave, sit down or sit still. I had to have a word on more than a few occasions. Thank god they relocated to the Family Stand as I couldn't have stuck much more of that.

We now have a Jim Neilly wannabe behind us, full match commentary, every game. He's not as bad as the previous 2 but it does a grate a bit at times. The band annoys me more in fairness.

Jaysus Wee Woman you sound like a female version of Victor Meldrew :lol: :lol: ;)
I've learnt from the best on here Image

But I'm much better looking that Victor, and younger Image
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Wee Woman wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
Been there, done that.

The lesson here is to be less posh and go into the terrace among the peasants. Then ye can move about til ye find a spot that satisfies you. :thumleft: :thumleft:
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Let me preface this by saying I don't like people coming to the games with little knowledge of what they're going to see. I think if you're going to a game you should at least have some sort of an idea of what's going on (i.e. the team Ulster are playing, what tournament we're play in etc.).

However, with a new 18,000 capacity stadium in order to get it filled there will be blow-ins, you cannot avoid that. There are not 18,000 dedicated Ulster fans on the island of Ireland and even if there were not everyone is able to attend every game. If only those who were considered to be "dedicated fans" were allowed to attend then you'd have perhaps 4,000 for each game and then we wouldn't have the brilliant stadium with the fantastic facilities that we have right now. Without those facilities we wouldn't be able to attract the Piutaus and Coetzees of this world to Ulster. Without the Piutaus and Coetzees of this world then we wouldn't win as many games as we do. Without a successful team there won't be as much enthusiasm from young players to get involved with rugby. It's a domino effect.

So no, the blow ins aren't ideal. But at the end of the day they cheer when we score and they get upset when we concede. They may know the square root of nothing beyond that, but if they make some noise and cheer on the lads then there can't be many more complaints than that.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

thecrouch wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
Been there, done that.

The lesson here is to be less posh and go into the terrace among the peasants. Then ye can move about til ye find a spot that satisfies you. :thumleft: :thumleft:
Less posh? Ah Crouchy ImageImage.

I'd happily go back to the Memorial Stand, I liked it there but himself prefers the grandstand and he pays for the season tickets ImageImage
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Im not a true fan because I don't go to Ravenhill
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Russ wrote:Im not a true fan because I don't go to Ravenhill
Correct
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cornerfleg wrote:
Russ wrote:Im not a true fan because I don't go to Ravenhill
Correct
seconded
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Cant be a real fan unless youve applauded the magnatude of Kyles yams live!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Ralph Wiggum the beee
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Applause.... Ralph Wiggum.... Genius!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

ruckover wrote:Without the Piutaus and Coetzees of this world then we wouldn't win as many games as we do.
:scratch:

I think you'll find that every match we've ever won has been without the Piutaus and Coetzees ...... to date anyway. :lol:

I know what you mean - couldn't resist! :twisted:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:Applause.... Ralph Wiggum.... Genius!
Feck you are slow today fleg, that's his nickname anyway
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Wee Woman wrote:
Less posh? Ah Crouchy ImageImage.

I'd happily go back to the Memorial Stand, I liked it there but himself prefers the grandstand and he pays for the season tickets ImageImage
I'm on to you Wee Woman.

You're that girl who sits in the stand and at half time opens her tupparware with smoked salmon crackers and who cracks open a bottle of prosecco poured into those plastic champagne glasses (cause drinking from the bottle is too uncouth).

Am I right?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND