Sam Windsor signs for Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Sam Windsor signs for Ulster

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

rumncoke wrote:It all depends what you want from your out half - and the opposition - if you want to kick the ball all afternoon Paddy may not be the best but if you want the ball wide fast Paddy is the second in line every time both Madigan and Keatley will have the backs running across the pitch because both are first and foremost kicking out halves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What in the name of Christ is he trying to spout now?

Madigan doesn't kick, rarely passes (though he possesses a good pass).

Keatley is "rounded" in the sense that he can do all three, but he's fairly mediocre at each.

Paddy can pass, can kick, and when it's on can run. He's feeling his way back to form, but if he starts the games until the end of the season without incident he'll be in the warm-up matches, and from there it's a toss-up between him and Keatley.

The notion that Paddy "may not be the best" at the kicking game is rank nonsense.
It's the hope that kills you.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Rory please stop quoting this plank... Everything was going so well since I took Oaks advice and blitzed his gumf...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Cornerfleg wrote:Rory please stop quoting this plank... Everything was going so well since I took Oaks advice and blitzed his gumf...

Honestly, I "ignored" him about 6 months ago. There's just some reason I can't stop clicking to read . . . I must be into BDSM on some level . . . or as rumn would say "B S ,,,- Doc Martens"
It's the hope that kills you.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Aye I know, there is some kind of twisted perverted draw to find out how can he better his last sacrifice to the great god of turd posting...

But I have been pleasantly surprised by the aura of peace and we'll being that comes from a message saying he's stuck up more shyte, but we've saved you any grief by just blocking it...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

ruckover wrote:Keatley is rank average. Madigan cannot control an international match from 10. Jackson has to be second choice.
Totally agree.
MCBwinwinwin
Initiate

Post by MCBwinwinwin »

Do all the people fretting about the back row situation during RWC realise that Falloon is coming back? Diack, Falloon and Wilson can easily hold the fort until Henry and Henderson get back!

Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

MCBwinwinwin wrote:Do all the people fretting about the back row situation during RWC realise that Falloon is coming back? Diack, Falloon and Wilson can easily hold the fort until Henry and Henderson get back!

Faloon is out for the rest of the season though. Not sure when he is fit again.
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

Wee Woman wrote:
ruckover wrote:Keatley is rank average. Madigan cannot control an international match from 10. Jackson has to be second choice.
Totally agree.
That's how I see it too. If Jackson manages to stay fit and in form for the rest of the season/the WC build-up, then I think there's a pretty high chance he'll rocket back to being second choice
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Faloons shoulder is looking more and more dodgy we may see more of Raymakers than mad willie next year!!!!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:Faloons shoulder is looking more and more dodgy we may see more of Raymakers than mad willie next year!!!!!
Is Ronnie Raymaker here next year ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tevez
Initiate

Post by Tevez »

My understanding is that Willie F has had surgery on his shoulder and will be able to play a full part in pre-season. It was also suggested to me that Willie should have had the surgery when he first went to Connacht.....but didn't and has soldiered on....until the inevitable happened. No guarantees of course that he won't stub his toe like Trimby & Boys.

Ronald has long gone and won't be returning.
If only everyone had Neil McMillan's dedication....
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

What about Boys,Tevez? Should he stay or will he go?
Bo***cks to Brexit
Tevez
Initiate

Post by Tevez »

Think Boys impressed in his Ravens game, and whilst smallish, tackled hard.....and obviously showed some commitment to come half way round the world with his wife and kids.....for relative chicken feed (sorry Rooster).

However he came here on a temporary basis as injury cover.....and there are others now available and presumably other newcomers to follow....so whether he is still needed and has done enough who knows.....but as others say on such occasions at least he knows the calls!!
If only everyone had Neil McMillan's dedication....
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

rumncoke wrote:both Madigan and Keatley will have the backs running across the pitch because both are first and foremost kicking out halves.
If that's the case neither of them should be anywhere near a rugby match - it's against the laws of the game to be kicking out-halves ..... or kicking anyone for that matter. :roll:
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Kofi Annan wrote:Well, fúck me with a bag of left handed spanners. We can sign some dross, I am going to buck my CV out there, I am bound to be in with a shout.
Are you a big unit? Can you play in the back row?

If so, bring your boots.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND