UAFC Ask the Opposition - Scarlets - ANSWERS Pg5

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Loki
Warrior Assassin

UAFC Ask the Opposition - Scarlets - ANSWERS Pg5

Post by Loki »

Evening all,

Over the course of the season I'm hoping to do an "Ask the Opposition" for our matches - to build a few links, gather info and add to the perspective leading up to games. I really enjoy the input of other fans on UAFC, and given the shifting sands of both Celtic and European rugby this season I think it'd be great to get a wider viewpoint on Ulster and our competition.

We're going to be seeing a fair bit of Scarlets this season - could be interesting to see how things change over both Guinness P12 and EPRCCCC Super Duper Cup matches. I'd be very grateful if people on here would like to contribute questions to the Scarlets fans in the lead up to this weekend - I'll take a selection on to their forum Tuesday or so.

The idea is for it to look something a little like this (clicky) - and ideally it'll turn into a resource across the season.

Thanks in advance for reading and for any questions you can provide! :fleg:
Last edited by Loki on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: UAFC Ask the Opposition - Scarlets

Post by Russ »

Why are you all a bunch of utter Gatlands trying to ruin the pro 13 and subsequently the Irish, Scottish and Italian teams by jumping into bed at every moment with those money grabbing sons if bitches in the PRL?

Easterby Out

You of course should not ask this. But wanted it off my chest
Last edited by Russ on Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Has Easterby left Scarlets in a better place than where they where when he started? Is it really a case of Scarlets loss is Irelands gain?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I have my own ideas about their ins & outs this summer Loki, wouldn't mind hearing what they think.

Of course we have our Scaaaaaaalets fans here and they might like to chip in.

Decent enough idea by the way, even if one is dubious about asking Gatlands anything. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Why am I banned from Scarletfever?
Why are Scarlets' fans so miserable all the time?
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Why do fans of the Welsh regions support a privatised model of rugby, when the most effective model for professional club rugby in small nations is evidently centralised strategy and funding, as practiced by the IRFU and NZRU?

[A slightly less sweary version of Russ's :lol: ]
It's the hope that kills you.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Why did they lock down their forum to new members when a made up organisation threw their toys at the WRU?

Easterby Out
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Loki good work, I applaud your efforts.

When do we get a chance to answer the Scarlet fans questions? >clapping >sniper
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
UpAtSix
Initiate

Post by UpAtSix »

I'd be curious to know which Welsh teams they believe will qualify for the Super Duper Cup. I think it's going to be tight and any of the four could miss out.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

I'd be interested to see if anyone over there on Scarlet Fever can be anything like remotely nice to anyone from Ulster trying to do what Loki is doing.

Good luck mate, you'll need it.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Better wait a few days Loki as they don't seem to realise we are playing them next Saturday yet :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:Better wait a few days Loki as they don't seem to realise we are playing them next Saturday yet :lol:
Usually takes 7 years to recover fully from a strike

Easterby Out
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Wee Woman wrote:I'd be interested to see if anyone over there on Scarlet Fever can be anything like remotely nice to anyone from Ulster trying to do what Loki is doing.

Loki is no doubt well intentioned. It's just a pity our first match is against misery guts central. If you get any mileage out of this Loki, you're a whole goodun. I wish you well :thumleft:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:I'd be interested to see if anyone over there on Scarlet Fever can be anything like remotely nice to anyone from Ulster trying to do what Loki is doing.

Loki is no doubt well intentioned. It's just a pity our first match is against misery guts central. If you get any mileage out of this Loki, you're a whole goodun. I wish you well :thumleft:
He might get banned and join the ranks like us Snipe
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UpAtSix wrote:I'd be curious to know which Welsh teams they believe will qualify for the Super Duper Cup. I think it's going to be tight and any of the four could miss out.
Probably wrong but I don't expect much of the Ospreys I do think Dragons may spring a surprise or two, they have doe a few decent dealings albeit a few are knocking on a bit, but I think Lynn Jones & Kingsley Jones are a decent enough coaching pair who might get the best out of a moderate squad.

Cardiff may be slightly better & I expect the Scaaaaaaaaaaaalets to be top Welsh team.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.