Munster 2012/13

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

chris d
Novice

Re: Munster 2012/13

Post by chris d »

brilliant stuff, wanted it far more than Quinns. Forwards were excellent, backs played as good as you could ask in defence. Really pleased for them.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Hats off. Well done
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Enjoyed the Craic and singin with Munsterfans Saturday night and Bloody well done to the team today >you_rock
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

I love watching munster performances like that, and their fans where great craic out with us on Saturday, glad one set got home from London happy.
Why? Why not?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Ithryn wrote:I love watching munster performances like that, and their fans where great craic out with us on Saturday, glad one set got home from London happy.
Two sets left happy!
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

There are three Irish players who make teams better around them. Paulie obviously still has it. BOD clearly still has it and the third - ROG has been having a bloody hard time of it recently but today he was spot on after missing 2 pretty simple kicks for him.

In all honesty I can't see them beating Clermont, though the game being in Montpellier won't harm them, but I hope to hell that the winners of that semi win the cup. Sarries play a crap type of rugby very very effectively & I just hate Toulon to the degree that I actually wanted Tigers to win today - a first, more or less for I don't think I've ever supported an English team against anyone.

I gave Munster no chance today but maybe there is hope for them yet, for me there were a crowd of young fellas there who didn't want to be the one to let Paulie down. The man is second to none as an inspirational figure.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Well done Munster. great to see.

Like some others on here I also enjoyed some great craic with their fans around Twickers last night.
MACKTHEKNIFE
Initiate

Post by MACKTHEKNIFE »

Great win, very unexpected but then again theres no point showing your hand in March. I think the pressure is all on Clermont now. I expect them to win but Munster have a lot of experience of playing and winning in France and the neutral venue will help.
I think if Munster can somehow play like Ulster did over there last season then their in with a chance.
With regard to previous posters on POM on Murray being 'The Emperors New Clothes"I think youll find they were suitably suited and booted yesterday.
Standing Up for the Ulstermen on May 19th.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

MACKTHEKNIFE wrote: With regard to previous posters on POM on Murray being 'The Emperors New Clothes"I think youll find they were suitably suited and booted yesterday.
Wouldn't give it a second thought Mack, like most forums we have our share of bampots & bigots. Both of the above were good, POC was great - as usual.

If they could sneak a win in Montpellier, I'll be going to the Aviva after all. :thumleft: Big ask just the same, one thing is certain I hope whoever wins that semi lifts the cup.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I'll wait to see if they can repeat the performance. Murray fair enough but POM has still been promoted to quickly through the system in my opinion on the back of what club he played for.

Well done Munster but don't try and use a one off performance against a team that is in a bad run of form as anyway of making a point. You're better than that.
pythagoras
Warrior Assassin

Post by pythagoras »

Thanks for the kind words and interprovincial camaraderie. I did not see that coming but as always you'd be hopeful.
POC aside, Peter O'Mahony was motm for me. He is one tough sonofabitch.
I don't expect us to win in France but as always you'd be hopeful :lol:
isleofwighter
Initiate

Post by isleofwighter »

Immense from POC. Set his stall out to be Lions Captain, and made Robshaw look like a school boy.
Will be tough v Clermont, but never write the Turnips off! :salut:
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I will certainly be standing up for them. But whoever wins in their game I will be supporting 100% for the cup!
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Jackie Brown wrote:I will certainly be standing up for them. But whoever wins in their game I will be supporting 100% for the cup!
Where's the real Jackie gone. :D

Only joking of course. Good man.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Here is the full game. Some play by Munster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIwD33n7 ... e=youtu.be